Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$47
Expedia.com$48
Hotels.com$48
Travelocity$48
FindHotel$48
ZenHotels.com$49
2,135 results
All reviews kids suite straits view ihg member club room the executive lounge busy road shuttle service jonker street free shuttle swimming pool high floor buffet breakfast duty manager pleasant stay service staff f b dataran pahlawan
Selected filters
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I don't think I have experienced such good quality service at any of the local hotels I've stayed before in Malaysia. Was warmly greeted by the concierge staff the moment I entered the hotel. The check in was seamless and the receptionist was well trained not just in dealing with the check in process but also in communicating with guests. Even the porters and chambermaids were pleasant and smiley.
I guess the hotel is relatively new and so the rooms and facilities are still very well kept and new (though on my 2nd night one of the bulbs in the toilet of my room blew). The hotel is also walking distance to one of the big malls, Mahkota Parade in Melaka.
The only down side to my experience was when I thought someone tried to break into my room. Someone knocked and tried to open the door (the person didn't ring the door bell!). Thankfully, the door latch was secured. When I tried to find out from the reception, there was no record of who tried to access the room. There was also no note slipped under the door (perhaps something the hotel management can look into to improve by having courtesy notes slipped under the door if the guests are not contactable). Upon check out, the Front Office Manager personally came to apologize over the incident (for this, I have to commend her for that! Much appreciated!). Found out that it was one of the hotel staff who was trying to send up a complimentary fruit basket which I didn't get to enjoy in the end.
Kudos to the hotel and its staff! Will definitely come back when I'm back in Melaka.

Room tip: You may want to try choosing rooms that face the sea but I see development happening. So perhaps in the next year or so the view may be obstructed as well.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Excellent service, smiles all round! Rooms are comfortable and clean. Short 5 mins walk to nearby malls. View of Melaka Straits is "forgettable". Factor waiting time for elevators especially during "peak hours". Ample free car park on hotel grounds, chargeable Wi-Fi.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank YongT
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Walking distance to shopping centre. Clean room and very friendly staff. From the concierge, front desk, housekeeping and f&b, everybody smile even though they still need to work during the hari raya haji. Book a room facing the straits of malacca.

1  Thank Oktraveller_9
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Although the hotel seems a bit bland from the outside and the lobby and room decoration is incongruous, the staff and the bunk beds more than make up. The kids loved it and that's what is important on a family holiday. I know we should have asked for a room facing the straits, but we enjoyed looking at the city from above. Besides, the pool faces the straits so you can sit in your lounger and stare at the boats and quietly contemplate life. It's unfortunate that the pier development is such an eyesore, but that's not the hotel's fault. I was very satisfied with the fitness room. It has a nice mix of weight machines, aerobic machines and weights. However, the woman's locker room could have had a few more amenities for the vanity area. It would have been more in keeping with the facilities that were available (steam room, sauna and whirlpool).
We were in a good location to access most of the historic sights and also to be near a shopping mall with a great kids play area inside.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This hotel never disappoint me. We have stayed there at least 3 times. The last time, we left our phone upon checkout and only realised it when we reached Singapore. The hotel has kept the phone for us! This recent trip, they upgraded our room to one with Straits view and bought us to the executive lounge while they get the room ready, even though we were a little early for checkin at 11am. Special thks to Ms Farah.