Fenix Inn
$118
$56
$42
Agoda.com
Casa del Rio Melaka(Melaka)
$174
$38
$58
$39
Agoda.com
All reviewsbudget hotelcar jockeyjockey serviceno liftjonker streetdataran pahlawanwalking distancesafe parkingwithout windowsmassage parloursshopping mallhatten squarecar parkrooms are smalllocal eateriesshop housesshuttle service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Stay for 1 night at the hotel. Simple review;
Pro:
1. Nice & tidy room. Small room but nice to stay to get good night sleep.
2. Friendly & helpful staff.
3. Great locations. Near city center, attraction place just few minutes walk.
4. Near local food stall.
Con:
1. None

Will stay at this hotel if come to Melaka again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank OliverWatson
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed at Fenix Inn for 3 nights at A18. It was quiet except for noises made by other guests in the nearby rooms. Another problem was some friends who stayed at the new wing were locked out when there was no staff manning the reception area. Also there is a lack of storage space. Apart from those inconveniences, I recommend Fenix for its good location to shopping malls, tourists attraction and comfortable accommodation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is my first time staying in Fenix Inn and the service was excellent and unexpected just like a 5-Star Hotel. It felt really thoughtful as guest that the hotel staff took care of every aspect you needed during your stay (even after your stay). Definitely value for money and I would strongly recommend this hotel to to others! Well done Fenix Inn!

Room Tip: No hesitation for the price you for a budget hotel for a 5-star service!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The location of the hotel is very convenient. Just next to Hatten Hotel. Pahlawan Parade is reachable in 5 minutes (walking). Nearby shops with nice local eateries eg. Nyonya Food, Melacca Chicken Rice & etc. However, as it is so convenient and located on one of the busiest street in Melacca, those room facing the street is quite noisy, and you might not be able to have a good early sleep.
And we have a hard time with the curtain. It is too small for you to cover to whole window. Thus, a bit lack of privacy.
However, the staffs are very friendly. And they provide valet parking, so no need to worry about finding a parking lot. That's a great news for people who are driving. And the room is quite clean.

Room Tip: room facing street is quite noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have been eyeing to stay at Fenix Inn since I revisited Malacca in 2009. And finally I ventured myself on July 5 one night stay. Prior to that I made reservation thru’ their website. It was a breeze the next working day they confirmed my reservation promptly.
My coach dropped me off near Fenix Inn and upon arrival it was only about 1.15pm and must be off-peak period ‘cos I was the only guest checking at that time. Friendly staff do a quick check-in verification on my reservation identification and in less than 10mins my door key was ushered to me. I can check-in right away and check-in time was at 2pm. Check-out was also fast and no hassle.
I was given a room on the 2nd floor at the back of the hotel facing the courtyard (new wing) as I anticipated rooms facing the main road can be noisy due to the one-way traffic flow. Only thing I need to climb up a flight stairs very narrow; turn left and turn right my room right at the corner. The room is modest as I would expect but clean and simple. Queen sized bed as I opted for superior (double) with a window with no view except overlooking another rooms rear of the hotel old wing I supposed. I can’t draw the curtain as there’s no daylight curtain. All I can say everything seemed budget hotel interior and this was my first time experience. A small dressing table with a mirror next to the bed. The aircon is adjustable manually that’s what I like most. A reasonable sized LCD colour tv on the wall for your viewing pleasure . Bathroom with basic toiletries like soaps and bath towels only can have one person standing room. Also I like the detachable shower head with mini shower curtain to separate the toilet bowl and the basin. But do be careful, I almost trip and lost my balance as the flooring is black in colour: is not slippery but there’s no marking to the one inch drop that seperated the bathroom flooring. At least they could have put a white marking to show a split level. Once after shower, bathroom is all wet; luckily they provide a bathmat.
Complimentary coffee and tea making but right above is the hangers for you to hang your clothes. I find it’s a bit odd hanging my clothes right above while I am making my coffe or tea. I guessed due to space constraint one have to make do and improvised. At least the pillows are comfy and I can sleep well. And also hair dryer after shampooing your hair. My first time at a budget hotel and Fenix Inn pleasantly gave me the impression it’s a first class budget hotel with value for money no frills never fall short of the basic necessities. Yes, I’ll be back again.

Room Tip: Select a room on the new wing (courtyard) of the hotel away from the karaoke lounge not facing the one way traffic Melaka Raya can be nosiy. Though if rain you need an umbrella no shelter to go over to the main lobby of the hotel. At night the courtyard can be quite dark and eerie but use the front entrance of the second wing lobby (hotel do provide access card key for guests).
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo