Fenix Inn
$174
$144
Sunflower Hotel Malacca(Melaka)(Great Value!)
$21
Priceline
$58
$39
Agoda.com
All reviewsbudget hotelcar jockeyjockey serviceno liftjonker streetdataran pahlawanwalking distancesafe parkingwithout windowsmassage parloursshopping mallhatten squarecar parkrooms are smalllocal eateriesshop housesshuttle service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Before I booked the hotel, I've emailed to them and asked about the rates and so on. Their Operations Manager, Mr Vivek Vadevelu was kind enough to assist me and emails me promptly on all my questions. We asked for car rental arrangments, room arrangements and shuttle pick up. We were satisfied with the services provided by him. Other than having to wait about 15 minutes at Melaka Sentral for the hotel shuttle to arrive and pick us to Fenix Inn, everything was alright. He personally met us when we reached the hotel.
The hotel's staff, namely Ms Erni was very helpful in giving us and showing us a book of their compilation on where to eat and places to visit in Melaka. The book is great. Better than what Tourism Malaysia has provided as every single place of eatery and how to get there is shown in the book. Mr KC Chye was kind enough to help us with the booking of van shuttle at the hotel and also with the carrying of heavy luggages.
The hotel's valet parking services was great as they have kind and smiling attendants to assist us in parking our rented cars and we do not have to worry if there is a parking or how and where to park.
The room is a bit small compared to the pictures in the website. A mini fridge will be good and better if breakfast is provided. The location is alright as it is close to the shopping malls but not much eating places. With a lift in the hotel, it will be even better especially when there are old people and people with walking difficulties staying in this hotel.
The bed mattress is a bit soft.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
vivek v, Manager at Fenix Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Dear amytay46,

Firstly, thank you very much for choosing Fenix Inn as your ideal hotel during your most recent trip to Malacca!

A sincere "Thank You" for your valuable review and also compliments to our Concierge Erni, Bell staff Chye and our Valet Parking team for the services offered to you and your party! Your compliments serves as a great motivation for our team and I to further strive to provide services beyond expectation to all our guests

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused in which there are no lifts available at our hotel, however, our team are always ready to assist our guests with luggage handling and assistance for our elderly guests as well.

The hotel is currently undergoing some enhancement in facilities and services to provide our guests a more comfy experience and our team and I look forward to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

This is my hotel of choice when I pop into Melaka for a quickie visit. I love the location. It's walking distance to almost everywhere. Food is easily assessable for all 3 meals as well. The family room is spacious and comfortable. I do wish that they have more space for us to place out things though like towels and clothes. The bed and toilet's pretty clean and that's all I ask for. I'm hardly in the rooms anyway. The car jockeys are really great and it good that you can park your car there without worries that it'll get car-jacked. Prices are still pretty reasonable though it has gone up every since they've expended.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
vivek v, Manager at Fenix Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Dear icepeachtea,

Thank you very much for choosing Fenix Inn as your ideal hotel during your most recent stay in Malacca! We sincerely appreciate your feedback which will enable us to strive further to provide great services to all our guests

We are delighted to hear that Fenix Inn is your hotel of choice during your Malacca trips. Your compliments on our Car Jockey team and their services will be a great motivation for the team to further excel in providing services to our guests expectations

Our team and I look forward to welcome you back in the near future and do keep in touch!

Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

Love the convenience of everything nearby the hotel.. perfect location and good service. I'm glad I came to know fenix inn via trip advisor.. oh and another thing I like about it is there's a water dispensar outside our room.. definitely my next stop for my next visit

• Stayed: April 2012
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Dear Deswin1993,

A BIG "Thank You" for choosing Fenix Inn as your preferred hotel during your trip to Malacca! Your feedback is valuable for us to further improve and strengthen our facilities and services!

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and find the location of our hotel smack of all the shopping and entertainment action! Your compliments towards our service is appreciated and I am sure our team will find your feedback a great motivation to excel further.

The hotel is currently undergoing renovations for a new lobby for our second property next door for the convenience of our guests and our team and I certainly look forward to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

The hotel is strategically located and is accessible to the town centre, places of attraction and shopping areas. The free shuttle-bus service from the bus terminal is helpful for backpackers. I would like to thank one of the staff who directed the way to Klebang Besar.

It could be quite noisy. Baby's cry can be heard, laughter and giggling from next door can be heard, drilling sound due to renovation can be heard too. The hotel may want to look into sound proofing.

The hotel may wish to install cameras at the main entrances of the other building. We could hear some people banging on the main door.

A partition between the shower and the toilet would be useful to keep the floor dry and less slippery. I was only able to find one power socket in a quad-sharing room. It would be useful to have 2 more power socket points so that we could boil water and charge our phones and camera batteries, etc,.

The level that we stayed has no lift landing, hence we have to walk up a flight of stairs. The staff helped us to bring up the luggages but we moved it down ourselves upon check-out.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Dear James_Peh,

Thank you for choosing Fenix Inn as your ideal hotel during your most recent visit to Malacca! We sincerely appreciate your time for the feedback which is valuable for us to improve our facilities and services

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused in which other hotel room guests caused some noise near your room. Your suggestion for more power points in the room is noted and the management is working towards adding additional power sockets in our rooms this year. Our Bell Service team are available to assist our guests on luggage handling requests due to the unavailability of lifts in our property

The hotel is currently undergoing renovations for a new lobby for our second building/extension for the convenience our our guests and due to be opened as a new property very soon!

Thanks again for staying with us and our team and I look forward to welcome you back for a more comfy guest experience!

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed for only one night but incredibly amazed by the service! As we were checking in at the counter (with friendly service), each and everyone of my friends and I were served with a cold glass of juice and a warm towel! The phone operators were wonderfully kind and helpful, even as we were making our reservations and we kept calling back to make changes, but they remained patient and helpful with us! On one of the occasion where my roommate made a request, they even climbed up flights of stairs to the second floor to our room just to bring us a huge bucket of water (even after we said never mind considering how troublesome and inconsiderate of a request it was)! Definitely extra points for that! The room was nice, clean and comfortably cosy. Bathroom was well-ventilated and not as small as I had expected. The place was at close proximity to many eating places so whenever you're hungry you could just go downstairs to grab a bite. Within short driving distances and you're there at Menara Taming Sari, Dataran Pahlawan and even Jonker Walk (just a bit more further). Plus they even had free valet system, which made it all very satisfying. At such a reasonable price, the service was definitely top-notch!

Room Tip: The Standard Room was a bit tiny with only enough space to move around, however if you're taking a Family Room/Suite or Family Quad Room, it should be no problem. There would be more space! And the rooms without window was a bit hard for some of my friends to judge whether it was morning yet and they should wake up. And if you're staying for a longer time with a considerably large amount of time to be spent in a room, the extra window is definitely a good thing!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Dear SueenT,

A very big 'Thank You" for choosing Fenix Inn as your ideal hotel during your recent trip to Malacca! We sincerely appreciate your feedback in order for us to further improve our facilities and services

It is with great delight to hear that you were amazed with the services provided by our team! Without doubt, your kind compliments on your team members, facilities and the services provided to you and your friends during your stay, will be very motivational for our team members to further perform beyond expectations!

On behalf of the entire team at Fenix Inn, we thank you again for your valuable feedback and we all look forward to welcome you back in the near future!