“Nice cozy hotel”

The Settlement Hotel
Ranked #4 of 167 Hotels in Melaka
Reviewed March 19, 2014

The hotel staff are really very friendly and highly service oriented.

There was some smell in the first room given to us and they changed rooms for us immediately. The location is not too far from the town centre but you will need to drive.

• Stayed: March 2014
The_Settlement_Hotel, General Manager at The Settlement Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Dear Jabbarabdul,

Thanks for your review of your recent stay with us.

We're glad you enjoyed your stay and we will definitely investigate on that weird smell you experienced. We have done preliminary checks and found nothing but rest assured, our utmost focus has always been for the comfort of our customers and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Thanks

There are newer reviews for The Settlement Hotel

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Stayed here for a one night escape with my husband. We booked this hotel due to their half price promotion offer.

The staffs are very welcoming and friendly. Room was compact but tastefully and well design. Bed and bedding extremely comfortable. The bathroom was amazing and looked exactly as advertised. Location is slightly far from major attractions but they provide shuttle service to the central town area. The only cons is the breakfast spread since there weren't that many options.

This place is highly recommended for those seeking a more relaxing stay away from hustle bustle of the town area. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Norli85
The_Settlement_Hotel, General Manager at The Settlement Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Norli85,

Thanks for your review of your recent stay with us.

Indeed, we love our beds and pillows so much too that we had to share them with everyone. A good nights sleep and great hospitality, that is what we stand for at the Settlement Hotel, Melaka. We have taken note of your comment on our breakfast selection. As we speak, we're fine tuning our menus and you will be pleasantly surprised during your next trip here, rest assured.

Thanks again and see you soon.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Stayed 2 nights with my family. This is a very new boutique hotel near Portuguese Settlement and not far from interesting places in Melaka. Amazed with the hotel setup. Nice ambiance, very authentic and nicely decorated with many interesting corners. Rooms are clean. Thick and firm 5 star bed. Wall soundproofing is a bit poor. Luckily our neighbours were decent and quiet. Overall a pleasant stay. Breakfast was not super but okay. We mostly eat out especially many tasty food stalls near the hotel.

Room Tip: Try the wooden villas
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank SpeckyKL

Dear SpeckyKL,

Thanks for your review of your recent stay with us.

When a customer tells us he likes what we do, we tell that customer that we do it because of him. So, it's all for you and our ever friendly staff are always at hand for any assistance that is required.
We note that you were not too happy with our breakfast selections, rest assured we are constantly gathering feedback from our guests and are fine tuning the breakfast menu as we speak. You will be pleasantly surprised on your next visit, we assure you.

Thanks again and happy planning for your next travel plans.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I was recommended to stay in this hotel by a friend and I must say, it didn't disappoint me. The moment I stepped in from the car park at the back of the hotel, I fell in love with it! Beautiful villas greeted me and where I found ladies fingers (okras) growing and red guavas down at 6 inches from the ground. It then led into the main hotel building with a small garden and outdoor area where probably meant for garden parties. The 27 feet long table simply took my breadth away! Still amazes me!
I can feel the passion of the owner in the decos and items used to enhance the embience of the place. A lot of creativity, effort and love put into it.

Staying here made me forget that I'm in a busy area or surroundings. The people were friendly, warm and helpful; the service was excellent! The rooms were clean, well thought out and love the bed with the fluffy pillows and thick soft quilt.

I found that staying away from Jonker is no big deal. It was just 4km away and they do have a shuttle service. I would prefer to stay here as it gives me a feeling of space and serenity, away from the hustle and bustle which I can still travel to those other places if I wish. So, I get the best of both worlds.

Just my personal experience... wonderful!

Dear Tohsi,

Thanks for your review of your recent stay with us.

We hope your stay was a memorable one and we try to incorporate a lot of the elements of nature in our premises, as you experienced. We are constantly reviewing our products and services to better cater for our customers growing needs.

Please come back again and let us "manja" you again. We surely look forward to it.

Thanks

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay in this beautiful hotel which carries a passionate story from the flooring, furnishing and ornamental pieces which are interesting for us to savour. Our stay at the Villa gives us the feel of an ambience of a perfect romantic hideout for newly weds on honeymoon. The food prepared by the hotel chefs are authentically delicious which will definitely leave a mark on my taste buds for a long while. It was a very enjoyable and relaxing stay and wished we could have stayed longer. Great hospitality!

Room Tip: If couples are going there on honeymoon, choose the villa. Really beautiful!
1  Thank Jesmineban

Dear Jesmineban,

Thanks for your review of your recent stay with us.

We're glad you enjoyed your stay at our Villa, it was built to please and to deliver a unique accommodation experience for revelers amidst the green garden, relaxing water pool and the abundance of cultures just over our fences.

We provide personalized service and hospitality to all our guests and we are delighted to have given you great hospitality.

See you soon when your travels bring you back to Melaka.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Husband with 2 kids and me was checked in on 15/3/14.we stay for 1 night.1st impression was WOW...lovely hotel.their staff also very friendly.cozzy room,big toilet with bathtub n shower.seriously recomended hotel to all.will come again to the settlement hotel if visit malacca.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank mlyprincess

Dear mlyprincess,

Thanks for your review of your recent stay with us.
Ah, we feel so blessed to be given this opportunity to have made your stay in a Melaka so memorable. Thanks for the compliments and we shall surely pass this information down to our well trained employees who live to serve. Do let us know in advance on your next trip and we will make it a trip to remember yet again.

Thanks again and see you soon.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I has pleasant experience staying in the hotel, nevertheless with great customer service which really make my day...I still remember my friend's and I has check in at last Saturday 8/3/2014 via Agoda.com. During the stay we had been greet and serve by one friendly officer which quite look feminine at the receptionist counter.

With his great personality and well equip of product and service knowledge which make our stay more convenience. The food in the hotel is absolutely delicious and I do recommend other to stay there......

Great service that come in total package

1  Thank josephgan90
The_Settlement_Hotel, General Manager at The Settlement Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear josephgan90 ,

Thanks for your review of your recent stay with us.

It makes our day to know we made your day. Thanks for the compliments and indeed we're excited to serve more customers like yourself.

Hope to see you again really soon and once again, thank you for giving us the opportunity to dish out our best selling dish, i.e. hospitality to you.