“the real deal, great food and lots of it.”

Portuguese Settlement, Museum & Seafood Court
Ranked #150 of 681 Restaurants in Melaka
Cuisines: Portuguese, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Brooklyn, NY
“the real deal, great food and lots of it.”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This is not the easiest place to get to when visiting Melaka. There is a bus that comes here, but I made arrangements for a taxi from my hotel. The taxi will drop you off in the parking lot just outside of the restaurants. They are nothing to look at, a big long outdoor hall with about 12 restaurants that basically all look the same. Ask at your hotel which is their favorite; I've had dinner at '1' and '9'. They all have names but I forget them. The service is friendly and efficient. The portions are large. the food is freshly prepared and excellent. Don't be distracted from the seafood. Anything with devil curry will be out of this world good. The prawns were the biggest I have ever enjoyed anywhere. This is one of my favorite places to eat on the entire planet. Simple, reasonably priced, and delicious. I always enjoy hearing Malaysians ask me if I like the Portuguese cuisine served here. No one in Portugal would ever recognize any of this food. It's about 1000 spicier and more flavorful than anything they would eat. Enjoy!

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank bklynbubba

• Indonesian first
“Terrible restaurant I ever met!!”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

They are scared me n keep following after we alight from the car.
Horrible experience with bad food n bad service!!
In the nutshell,prices are not cheap at all!!

• Visited February 2014
4 Thank Léa M
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Interesting and tasty food...”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

After being exposed to all the locally-available food, this Portuguese food place brings a fresh change.

Sitting in the open air, with the sea breeze constantly blowing nearby, the atmosphere here is almost carnival-like, with people busily eating, in a relaxed environment.

There are many stalls located along the stretch of the building, and we went to stall 2. The group of us ordered a number of dishes, and one of those that stands out would be the simple but tasty fried brinjals. The seafood dishes are all done nicely too.

Will definitely go there again during my next trip to Malacca!

• Visited January 2014