Garden City Melaka Service Apartments
$49
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $55/night.

Holiday Inn Melaka(Melaka)
$43
$40
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Wayfarer Guest House(Melaka)(Great Value!)
$31
Casa del Rio Melaka(Melaka)
$152
$144
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $174/night.

$141
$135
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 16, 2013

First of all, I would like to give a warning to all those who actually stumbled upon to this service apartment for bigger rooms ( 3 - 4 bedrooms, penthouse etc ). DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER THIS SERVICE APARTMENT. First off, do not be fooled by the pictures taken for this service apartment, it is not even close to what you expect. The place looks absolutely shabby and old, rooms were extremely dusty and unkept, not to mention the toilet was horrible. I booked the penthouse with 4 bedrooms for 2 nights and i checked out the next day. The staffs there were rude and unhelpful. Ground floor that has the swimming pool looks like it has not been cleaned for centuries. Stayed in holiday inn on the 2nd night. Conclusion, this is a horrible horrible service apartment that's not being maintained up to standards, rude staffs, cleanliness does not exist in their dictionary. If you're planning to stay here just because they offer you a cheaper price, be prepared to have the worst stay on your holiday.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
11  Thank freakerz0id
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My experience was good. Staff were friendly and service very fast. and the unit was clean and pleasant facing the pool and the sea. Called the Family Suite. Big Living Room and Spacious Bedroom.

With wansenglim experience as I was prepared for the worse. However, I was surprised with his experience and I performed some checks on their system:

First, there is a proper check-in counter though in another building. Keys were all collected over the counter, I ask them how many sets of keys do they have and they said two sets, one for Housekeeping and another set with me. For Security sake, I asked them the Housekeeping set of keys. I was informed that once the unit is cleaned, the keys will be kept at the Reception office. And my other set is also in the Office.

Secondly, in the unit there is a phone, and we communicated with the Reception and Housekeeping for extra pillows and action was fast. For curiosity I ask them do they SMS guests. Their reply is that they communicate using the intercom phone. No SMSes.

Thirdly, I purposely call them wanting to extend for another day, after checking the Receptionist said it is alright to extend, then I ask them how many units in total do they have, and they have about 80 units. So there will not be short of units at any time unless during super peak season.

Overall, Good Experience, SURE will return again!

Room Tip: Ask for Pool & Sea View.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
11  Thank chaizhe
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Dear all,

Terrible and poor service by the hotel management and workers.

1st, check in time was supposed to be 2pm, but they told us to wait for an extra 20 minutes without any explanation.

2nd, after waiting for 20 minutes and getting the keys to our unit, turns out that the key was the wrong key. We had to wait for another 20 minutes for them to locate the correct key to our unit and the management patronizingly explained that it was because of a mixup with the cleaner.

3rd, check out time was supposed to be 12pm, but the management sent us an SMS, forcing us to check out at 11am instead, again, without any explanation.

4th, I actually did a reschedule (delaying 1 day) on our staying date 3 days before we arrived. When I called the management regarding my rescheduling request, the management gave me the 'OK' to delay our stay for 1 day, and assures me that the room will still be available. On our check in day, they told us over the counter that, the room that we've booked is not available, and we are forced to take another room instead, with added charge. These were not told upfront during my call to reschedule.

All in all, this hotel doesn't have a proper management system, their workers are not friendly and the arrangements are all screwed up. I would strongly discourage anyone to pick this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank wansenglim
Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in a 3-room apartment. Comfortable stay-can fit in 6-8 adults with young children. Apartment is equipped with new sofa set, flat screen tv. My children & nephews/nieces were very pleased with the place. Can even go for a swimming at the pool in the area. The mgmt team should provide with sufficient cup/saucers/plates for a minimum 6 people. Shld also provide a broom, dishwashing liquid in the apartment for guest to maintain cleanliness of the unit. Location wise-need a car to go around as the place is not within a walking distance from other happening places. Malacca is quite pack during public holidays......

• Stayed: March 2012
6  Thank Akuamarin
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We had let A Boon do the booking of the accommodation for us in Malacca and he booked Garden City Service Apartment. After going through some reviews on trip advisor which score 50-50, we were going to be angry with A Boon. However, we thought instead of expecting the worst, we should give the other half some contemplation and be critical about it.

On check-in day, surprised to see a lot of people, must be alright with such crowd. Three Receptionists looked very busy, and one happened to looked up and greeted us with a very sweet smile. Got the Map RM5.00 as suggested in the review. (Found it most helpful to move around Malacca later.) Then we got a bunch of keys with a pink tag for the access barrier, good security. So far so good. One Point.

We drove into a place with lots of grown trees, shady garden with a big swimming pool. Nice and comfortable impression so far.

There were two lifts at the lift lobby, happy swimmers with wet attires dripping, waiting for the lift. They looked like they had had a good swim. Lucky A Boon reminded us of the swimming costumes. On security again, there was an access card reader to operate the lifts and there’s a very helpful Security Guard. Impressive. One point.

The lift was a bit old and slow, but working ok. We went to 12th floor. The corridor was cement rendered, shinny and clean, acceptable. The unit Entrance Door has an iron grille and double locks. Good security point.

We were reminded to switch on the main power, and we on all the lights. Well…. The Living Room was spacious with simple furniture; sofa looked new, cozy and clean. One point.

Opening up the curtain, the direct view was the opposite Towers but on the right… you can see the Straits of Malacca and the Town Centre. Night View even best and the breeeeeeeeezzzee…no air-cond also tak apa! Two points for that.

The master bedroom was also large, with an adjoining shower room with instant water heater. Clean with toiletries and towels. Second room was smaller and a common shower room and external basin, simple and functional. Clean. One Point.

There’s a kitchen, not going to do cooking though, but kettle is there, also a hot plate for heating. Not a bad idea for steamboat gathering… but somebody booed down any type of cooking.

The swimming pool looked inviting and children wanted a splash. So adults tagged along. Water looked clean was cooling, lucky with the trees shades around we were not grilled by the sun. There’s a water fall and a children slide… a hanging bridge, an attap rest area. Looked tropical and fun. Enjoyed ourselves immensely. Two points!

Without realizing I had had 8 points for Garden City. Well! It was a value-for-money stay. Staffs were friendly. And near to all restaurants of your choice. Thanked A Boon for the Right Choice. Sure will come back again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family