“Informative history lesson”

Ranked #4 of 151 things to do in Melaka
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

I like it that they allowed photography in this museum so we can capture shots of things that we liked.

3  Thank Chinchiminie
in 48 reviews
"antiques"
in 28 reviews

Reviewed June 24, 2014

i can't belive with my eye, there are beauty and nice jewellery display in this museum. ont only the jewellery, downstairs display with antique baba nyonya furnitures. i was supprise that here is allow photography .

5  Thank jassica m
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Interesting house with some great pieces to look at & I liked the fact you could take photo's. However I felt the guide was rushing the tour & could have given us some time to browse. The Baba-Nonya Heritage Museum tour was much better, taking twice the amount of time & they are both the same price (15MYR).

2  Thank Jackie A
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Since I love jewellry and the Straits Chinese Jewelry Musuem was highly regarded by other travellers, I just had to visit. I loved the jewellry and the other exhibits. All visits include a guided tour - usually a good thing, right? Unfortunately, my guide was trying to break the sound barrier in herding my group through the exhibits and out the door. We were not permitted to linger and absorb the beautiful things on display. I felt ripped off. The only reason I didn't give it one star was that the items on display were so beautiful, it would have been a shame to miss seeing them, however briefly.

1  Thank Karen R