“There are better out there”

Grand Continental Melaka
Ranked #125 of 168 Hotels in Melaka
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is old, tired & needs to be refurbished. The room is very much the same. The location is not central its inconvenient to get to jonker street or anywhere worth visiting at least. Parking is limited and always an issue here over the weekends & highly likely that you will end up parking on the main road after you return from dinner.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 29, 2012

you can find, this place is only to be used as a complete last resort.
Cockroaches in the room, based on that I didn't eat here on the two night stay- pre paid unfortunately. The little hawker centre on the motorway side of the hotel was a good place to eat.
On a supposedly non smoking floor people were puffing away furiously in the corridors.
I lost my mobile charger on my trip and had had no problems getting someone to charge my phone but here they were distinctly unhelpful especially a I could see that a phone the same as mine was on a charger at the desk.
The only positive was the dhoby shop almost opposite where I got my laundry done for next to nothing compared to the hotel rates.
do yourself a favour- just dont stay here

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Room in very bad condition, pathetic I would said
Run down bathroom and wall tile. The bathtub reglazing enamel had even came off
Found door rubber gasket lying in our room upon check in
The extra pillow in the wardrobe had oily stain on it
Sound proof was bad, can even listen to next door people chatting

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melodychichi
Reviewed October 17, 2012

When I reach to this hotel, it's recall me on my previous trip at Damai Desaru Beach Resort. Oh no, i will face one more nightmare?? (My first though). The hotel is old. When the first time im entered the room, i look up to the ceiling. Great, no leakage!! Then I open the fridge, okay not bad. Then i switch on the tv. Not much channel but still better because got astro.
Aircond, so far, for me, it's okay. I have no problem with it. I comfortable with the temperature (for me cold is better). Food, not much choice, but i still can stand on it. At lease we feel like we ate at hotel and not feel like we ate at street stall. I just not satisfy with their swimming pool. Borings and not well maintenance. Just I wonder. Where is my newspaper? Not provided?

Room Tip: Location is strategic. I choose this place because it's nearby town
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed on this hotel early oct 2012. It's an old hotel, not so far from the dutch square (city main attraction). It was quite cheap for a 3 stars hotel. However the service was pretty bad. They don't have any plug adapters to lend. Staffs were not friendly except for a few ones. Overall it was not satisfying, but quite cheap.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2012

this hotel is absolutely awful.stayed there for 2 nights in february 2012.dirty,poor equipment.the pictures on the website do not match what the hotel actually is.you think you are going to stay in a great hotel when it s actually the reverse.the actual place is falling apart.the pool was dirty,no sun loungers just a few broken chairs,no towels,cigarette butts in the corridor ,cockroaches.vileplace

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ninon72
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Overall stay was ok other than the fact that this hotel really needs a full make-over.
Staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com