“Get to know the art of Charles Cham”

The Orangutan House
Ranked #27 of 137 things to do in Melaka
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Melbourne, Australia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Get to know the art of Charles Cham”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I had read a review on TripAdvisor about the Orangutan House and so was delighted to stumble across it on Jonker Street (on the right, as you are walking down from the start of it).

Charles Cham's art makes you smile on first look, then makes you start thinking.

Deceptively simple at first glance, most of the pieces have a much deeper meaning. The lovely lady in the shop (I didn't catch her name) was happy to tell us about each piece we were interested in. Unfortunately I couldn't purchase a large painting (I'd love to though!) so I bought a poster from the recent Negaraku exhibition in October and am having it framed to hang in my office. My partner bought the Universal Declaration of Human Rights t-shirt, which is just wonderful and now I wish I'd bought one too.

It is well worth visiting the Orangutan House and getting to know the art of Charles Cham.

Visited December 2013

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Great paintings”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Went to Melakka te 2nd time now and it's always great to see Mr. Cham's paintings. I bought my 2nd painting mow and can't wait to hang it up in my apartment.
Every oainting has a name and meaning and he can tell you a lot about each painting. Reasonable value for great paintings.

Visited August 2013