“One of the most interesting stays in my entire...”
other travelers have booked this property
Our Private residence where home cooking class is held.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Our Private residence where home cooking class is held.
Malaya Nasi lemak
Veggie shrimp stir fry
Our sweets
Spices and ingredients
Malacca Town
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
martha je...
Minas, Uruguay
“One of the most interesting stays in my entire round-the-world trip”
Reviewed March 14, 2015 for a stay in September 2014

Os and Haznah, and their children, had such a fun place to visit. It is part of their Muslim culture to be a great host - welcoming with lots of amazing, homemade foods and helping with traveller's problems that come up. - but they all go so much further than other guesthouses because they make the guests feel like one of the family - i talked about world cup soccer and movies with the son, college admissions in United States with the daughter, how to wear the headscarves with Mom, and Oz is very knowledgeable ( and opinionated ! ) about world politics. If more people would go on cultural exchanges , such as staying with a Muslim family, i know this world would be a more understanding place! Their Malaysian cooking class was particularly a highlight. When i needed to swim - i have to excercise a leg injury - they were able to move me to a 2nd lodging they manage that has a lovely pool. After i easily took the bus into downtown, i got lost , and my leg was acting up too much to try to ride the bus home - rather than have to take a taxi, the son dropped what he was doing and came and picked me up. Os took m on to the botanical garden where i got to see a troupe of monkeys from inches away, and go honey tasting. the son drove me all the way to the hot springs pools. All such extras they provide are reasonably priced. The rooms are spotlessly clean, and they even let me use their computer and phone, since i didnt have working one. I even met another traveller there who i am still friends with. I am still travelling around Asia, and plan to go back and see Os' new place. Melacca, by the way, is also cute, cute, cute. - one of the best places I have visited in Asia. -The reggae bar , near Harmony street, that backs up right onto the river, had such a mellow vibe, and the fish lunch I had there was out of this world good. Melacca can be wild, but the Food Tourism Rooms were blissfully quiet. I would say they have EVERYTHING a traveller to melacca wants/needs.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: i actually stayed at 2 different places that Os manages, since i was there a week - both were EXCELLENT
Liked least: the only thing less than ideal was old windows in one place, made it hard to get fresh air, but that isnt something that Os has control over
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Lizouskat...
France
“Friendly welcoming in Malacca”
Reviewed February 19, 2015 for a stay in February 2015

A very cheap and nice guesthouse situated near the Melaka bus station, a very friendly welcoming thanks to Os and his son Hamat, it was a pleasure to meet you, we felt like at home ! Maybe next time we will try your cooking class if we have time ;-)
It was a good stop before to come back in Kuala Lumpur to finish the trip and Malacca city is very interesting with the more beautiful ChinaTown, nice for culture, relax and shopping.

Your age range 25-34
Autas
“Good malay family and excellent food”
Reviewed February 16, 2015 for a stay in August 2014

I stayed in Os' family during Aug.10th to 14th, his wife is a very good cook, I even learned cooking some tranditional malay food from his wife. The rooms were clean and the evironment was quiet. Thanks a lot for your hospitality!!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
DanielCro...
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Great stay. Great family”
Reviewed February 10, 2015 for a stay in February 2015

I spent five nights with Os and his family and it was very enjoyable. Os and his family are very warm and welcoming. He has a history in hospitality and it shows with his hosting skills. I learnt a lot about Melaka and Malaysia and enjoyed chatting to Os and his son particularly. The food was also amazing and all prices were more than reasonable. Thanks Os!

cimuthia
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Great food”
Reviewed February 8, 2015 for a stay in June 2014

Located in the middle of a housing complex, Os's house is very comfy and homey. He and his wife ensured that I and my friend had a good stay. The room is clean, towel and prayer equipment provided, and Mrs. Os made a superb delicious breakfast (scrambled egg, some kind of sambosa bread) It was unforgettable. I tried to cook some myself when I got home, but it's not even close. I think it's worth staying here just for the breakfast :)

Traveling group: Friends
ChaosLock...
“Berlin guest ”
Reviewed January 16, 2015 for a stay in January 2015

We was very happy to Stay with is family. It was a nice experience for traveling . They was very friendly and helpful family... The cooking lesson was nice ... Thank you for all

saidfranc...
Toulouse, Midi-Pyrénées, France
“Malacca and os's family : this is truely asia !!!”
Reviewed October 17, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

if you want to discover the real malaysian way of life you have to go on os's house in malacca!

Me and my wife were very surprised to discover so many things about malaysia with this family.
os is very organized and never let you alone if you need informations or anything. He is very helpfull, if you arrive in malacca by bus, his son(Ahmed) can pick up you in the bus station. he can also bring you in everyplace you want and he is always free.
Ahmed is a very good guide because he know all the most interesting places in the town and he is very kind that's why he became my friend!

The food was wonderful, you can eat so many differents things like malaysian/thailand/arab/indian food and more again. Hasna cooks very well and she always ask us wath we want to eat !
We discovered new fruits and foods tath's why it was a good experience to eat with them!

The room is big (more than an classic hotel) very clean and the bed is very confortable!

They are a good family, very warm with hospitality and kindness, you will never be bored with them because they love to have discussion with their guests.

Malacca was our favorite place in malaysia (with langkawi) and we will return sure in this family because this is like my family and i don't forget them !

The next time i will go in their house i will take a cooking class because in france i want to eat malaysian noodles but in don't find it anywhere !

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing