“Night market wanderings”
Review of Chinatown - Melaka

Ranked #14 of 147 things to do in Melaka
More attraction details
Owner description: Mansions, temples and antique shops are packed into the narrow streets of the lively Chinatown district.
Reviewed January 19, 2014

The night market on Friday and Saturday night is a haven to buy the usual market junk and some more authentic trinkets, the street food is great and well priced and some nice bars and restaurants on the road with geographers cafe on the corner.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

This little city is a real gem and was the highlight of our trip to Malaysia. We stayed in a house in Chinatown called Vista Rio right on the river (modernised interior/air on, 3 br/ 2 bath). An absolute gem where you soon feel part of the host's family. While touristy Jonker St is fun, don't miss the side streets between Herron and Jonker St as there are some gems of small shops. The traditional Straits style buildings have a unique charm...have lunch in the coolest, most beautiful burger place...the Baboon House....the courtyard gardens are tranquil and the food is excellent.

1  Thank Glenelgirl
Reviewed January 11, 2014

met some fantastic artists - my guide had done his homework and took me to a fantastic artist called Mr. Choo who works on

met some fantastic artists - my guide had done his homework and took me to a Mr Choo who paints batik on silk - we spent hours looking and talking to him - quite a character and of course I left with some great pieces.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Same as when we join jonker street, only to scroll around and look at the old buildings and join the different Chinese food and what they are doing even it is most for tourist.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Typically, I avoid visiting Chinatown in cities. I find them crowded and loud. But, when I heard of this Chinatown, I had to visit it and it was e reason we visited Melaka. This area did not disappoint. It was fun to walk around despite being crowded.

2  Thank Kimboni