“Nice to Stay”

Ranked #5 of 210 Melaka B&B and Inns
Shah Alam, Malaysia
“Nice to Stay”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

The Bridge Loft should be a best choice for family or friends who would like to stay in a group. Located beside Melaka River and nearby attraction such as Jonker Street, St.Paul's Hill, A'Famosa, can be reached just by walk. The place is simple, clean, comfortable, and quiet. Highly recommend to group traveller.

yalukl, Owner at The Bridge Loft, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Hi Law, thanks for writing a review for my place here at Tripadvisor. I'm glade that you like my place and I hope to see you soon in the near future.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Owner is friendly and helpful, had a couple of meals with us and explained to us about the history and culture of the place. Accomodation is decent and very homely (not for those who seeks "hotel" quality). Bed is big and comfortable. Decor of the home is very traditional, and ammenties are sufficient for a basic stay there. Located in a small alley so wont be too noisy during the day/night. Very near Jonker Street, within 5minutes walk. Highly reccomended place to stay in when you are visiting Malacca. My friends and i enjoyed our stay there! Cheers!

• Stayed December 2013
yalukl, Owner at The Bridge Loft, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Hey Kevin, is good to hear that you and your friends like my place. Thank you very much for taking your time to write us a review. Is really nice to meet you all and I enjoy the time outing together. Take care.
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Reviewed December 9, 2013

A friendly owner name Yalu, he can just be like your friend show you where attractive in Malacca, and he let me know Malacca not just Jonker Street, Very clean and comfortable home stay, Will pay a visit again!

1 Thank oklim88
yalukl, Owner at The Bridge Loft, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Hi Okay Lim, thanks for the review. Yup, at The Bridge Loft we treat every guests just like a friends and we do hope they enjoy their stay at Malacca. I'm happy that you like my place, hope to see you and your gang soon next time.
Singapore
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I had booked The Bridge Loft, a fantastic home stay through the owner of D'Brug Home Stay for my family recent trip to Melaka and I must say it was a great experience for my whole family. The owner of The Bridge Loft - Lai, is a great young man who is extremely knowledgeable in the history of Melaka and painstakingly took the extra miles to give us a short intro of the exciting town during our stay. The decor of The Bridge Loft reminds us of the "good old days" when we were young as it is surrounded by a lot of nicely chosen furnitures and artefacts of the 1970s. The location of the home stay is also superb as it is within walking distance, less than 7 minutes to the infamous Jonker Street. I will strongly recommend this home stay to anyone who is planning to visit this beautiful town in Malaysia :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
yalukl, Owner at The Bridge Loft, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Hi Low, thanks for writing us a wonderful review here. Is my pleasure to have your family at my place and I would love to introduce those must do, see and eat of my hometown, Malacca to you. Do let me know if you plan another trip in the future, you are always welcome to my place. Wish you and your family all the best.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed December 8, 2013

An unique homestay in the city with nice and friendly owner. Warm stay and old fashion feel with decorations and arrangements in the historical city. Tidy, neat, nice and comfortable stay. Only thing that not really annoying but a consideration is there is only one toilet. Anyway, it still did not affect my stay experience there. Highly recommended stay in Malacca.

yalukl, Owner at The Bridge Loft, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Hi Wai Loon, thanks for the review and suggestion. As my place is an old building we can't manage to have more toilet but thank you for your understanding. Look forward to welcome you back at my place any time in the future.
Kuching, Malaysia
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I feel very lucky have choose a right place for my family holiday trip at Melaka. The owner are very friendly and provide a very good explanation and also free tour guide for my family when we stay at Melaka. He also think of activity that suit for my kids also. The location also very good, near to old town and all the history place. You can even easy find a good food at here. The most important for me is this guest house is really very clean and my family and I very comfortable and peace when stay here. If my family want to go Melaka again, The Bridge Loft will be a first choice. Thank you very much to the owner of Bridge Loft.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
yalukl, Owner at The Bridge Loft, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
It is my pleasure to have you and your family at my place, glad that you all enjoyed the stay at The Bridge Loft. Thank you for recommending my place, I will love to welcome you all back anytime in the future. Wish all the best to your family and take care.
Puchong, Malaysia
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I was introduced by my friend to try this homestay with my girlfriend. We went there and its amazingly good.. It is clean, comfortable bed, and its interior design remind me of my grandma house lol... and it also included with water heater bath and it is nice to use, not those cheap stuff with low water pressure problem.. The area is also strategic as we can enjoy our romantic walk to places I want to, enjoy the cold breeze air on morning, chill with beers on the bridge and a quiet place.

The owner of this inn also offered us some tour services, showing us around in Melaka for interesting places! He was friendly enough and a nice person to chat with. I will
"Highly recommended this place for all my friends"

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
yalukl, Owner at The Bridge Loft, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Hi Albert, thanks for writing us a wonderful review. I'm glad that you love my place and I enjoyed the time hosting you and your girlfriend. Hope to see you all soon in the near future, you all are always welcome to my place.