“An unforgettable home-stay experience in Malacca”
Review of The Bridge Loft

The Bridge Loft
Ranked #3 of 212 Melaka B&B and Inns
Penang, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
“An unforgettable home-stay experience in Malacca”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Thumbs up to The Bridge Loft. My friends and I were visited to Malacca last December. We were checked in The Bridge Loft. This home-stay is set at the strategy location, with unique style decoration and cozy rooms. The most important, the young, friendly and passionate host, Mr Yalu. He is treating us like friend, showed us a great hospitality. Definitely will visit The Bridge Loft again if go to Malacca.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
yalukl, Owner at The Bridge Loft, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Hey Jackhen, thanks for spending the time to write us a review. It is great to know you all. Everyone who stay at The Bridge Loft will be treat just like a friend of mine and I will love to show you all around in town. Hope to see you soon in Melaka, take care.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The whole experience of being in a historical town, staying there with a cozy ambiance was truly amazing. Melacca is my favourite town in Malaysia and of course, the most important aspect is that my friends and I had a great stay in The Bridge Loft. You can clearly see the passion of the owner, Yalu, in operating the loft. He is so detailed and caring. He took care of every single detail. The room is well- ventilated, with good air-conditioning system. The bathroom is clean.
But what amazes me the most, is that Yalu spent his time to guide us around, showing us some really unique heritage stalls. He even brought us to a small museum around the place we stay.
It has a strategic location, it is located a few streets away from Jonker Street. So, transportation and food was never a problem for us. We did not drive there, Yalu provided clear information for us to walk around.
Oh, not to mention, we had drinks in our room, he even delivered the drinks from the cafe to our room. The best thing for all the female tourists is that, hair dryer is provided upon request.
Ideal place for family and friends. Great experience and I would definitely come back :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
yalukl, Owner at The Bridge Loft, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Yeethong, thank you so much for your wonderful review. It is my pleasure to have you and your friends here at my place. I'm always happy to show people around the hidden part of Melaka and it is glad that you all like it. I really looking forward to host you all again in the near future, do let me know if you plan to come Melaka.
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed here with my family & the cute apartment is in a perfect location, within walking distance from everything. But the star of the show was our host Yalu! He took us to all the local eating venues & ordered for us when necessary (as we're from Australia) so we got to experience the true local cuisine. He also took us on guided walking tours & helped us experience Melaka through the eyes of a local, which without him wouldn't have been possible. I highly recommend The Bridge Loft & would like to thank Yalu for his hospitality. I wish more places would have this personal touch!

• Stayed September 2013
yalukl, Owner at The Bridge Loft, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Rachael, thank you for your wonderful review about my place. It is my pleasure to have you and your family here at The Bridge Loft and I'm glad that you all enjoyed the stay here. Hope to see you and your family again in the near future. Take care.
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Yalu was such a delightful person to get to know. He is very accommodating, friendly and thoughtful. I had stayed for 3 days and enjoyed every moment. The loft was spacious, clean and in a great location! I highly recommend the stay here.

yalukl, Owner at The Bridge Loft, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Eve, thanks for recommending The Bridge Loft. It's good to have you here at my place and I'm so glad that you love the place. I look forward to welcome you back in Melaka.
bangalore
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Bridge Loft, our accommodation in Melaka is a converted shop-house, located on a quiet pedestrian street near the river and in the historic city centre. The guest house is a hop-skip-jump away from most tourist attractions. Run by a young and friendly person named Lai, the Bridge Loft is a perfect choice for group travellers and families. The guesthouse is in 3 floors with a living room (TV, sofas, coffee counter, wash basin) in the ground floor, a bedroom and bath in the first floor and another bedroom in the loft. Wi-fi is available in the building. The guest house is well lit, spacious and the décor is minimal and pleasant. Our host accompanied us on a short walk just to help us navigate in the historic city, pointing out “must visit” places and local delicacies; also urging us to try some. Throughout our stay in the Bridge loft, Lai made sure we were comfortable. It was his personal attention that made our stay in Melaka all the more pleasant.
Saparya

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
yalukl, Manager at The Bridge Loft, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear Saparya, thank you for taking the time to write us a wonderful review here on TripAdvisor. I treat every of my guest just like a friend or family member and I hope they really enjoy the time here in Malacca. I'm glad to hear that you love my place and I'm looking forward to welcome you back again at The Bridge Loft.
Goshen, Indiana, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The trip in Malacca, Malaysia was beyond our expectation. Malacca was the best place among the three that we travelled during the vacation (the other two were Singapore and Kuala Lumpur). And that was due to the amazing hospitality of the Bridge Loft owner as well as the services there. The house was super cosy and comfortable. I felt like at home! :) Hopefully I'll have a chance to come back soon in the future.

yalukl, Manager at The Bridge Loft, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear Thy, thank you very much for taking the time to write this wonderful comment regarding your recent stay at The Bridge Loft. To take care all of our guests need is always our mission and is glad that you love the stay over here. Wish to have another chance to host you again in the near future, do let me know if you plan to come back to Malacca. Take care.
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed September 3, 2013

It's a must place worth staying in Melacca. Everything is just perfect. Decoration, bed, services are really good, especially the host. He's really nice and made us to touch every beauty in Melacca. We ourselves really enjoyed the time in Melacca
Actually, we planed to stay Melacca just one day. But after experiencing all things that beautiful and enjoyable, we made decision to extend one day staying here
You should book this loft for your trip in order to enjoy fully the breath of Melacca in the hand of the local

yalukl, Manager at The Bridge Loft, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Hey Tien, is good to hear from you and I'm happy that you like my place. It is my pleasure to have you all here and show you around in Malacca. Wish to see you again soon in the future. Take care.