“Nice Hotel”

Bayview Hotel Melaka
Ranked #99 of 166 Hotels in Melaka
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed June 7, 2010

Stay over for a night in June 2010. Went over with my kids and in-laws. Nice place,clean and tidy.

We stayed in the Deluxe Studio Suite which comes with two bedrooms. The kids love it. About 15 mins walk to Jonker Walk and Christ Church, have to watch out for the heavy traffic during the day though.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed May 13, 2010

nothing wrong with the Bayview Hotel Melaka! we paid RM167 and got for that a very spacious absolutely spotless twin room! the view was over a kampong and with that is nothing wrong either! the beds were comfy with each 2 comfy pillows and no iffy blankets but a sort of pppristine white covered duvet. between beds was the "control room" and each of us had a bedside table + lamp. maybe the light could have been a bit stronger for reading but to us that is being " unreasonably picky"! bathroom was spacious, spotlesslly clean, very, very comfy toilet with a good ""flush" and a bath/shower. bathroom tiles without any form of "mushrooms in the grouting" and shower curtain did not have any iffy spots and was spotlessly clean as well! there is a TVset but we were not interested in that, there is also a writing table with in the drawer a hairdryer. breakfast was amazing, catered for locals and westeners and I have to write this: not on all my travels, staying 5**** deluxe or even better (!) have I ever been able to get proper poached eggs and neither have I ever, ever been able to get the famous British "coddled eggs"! receeption and checking-in was smooth, very helpfull and friendly staff who went the extra mile! no noise came to floor 13, no screaming kids and no yelling kids. there is a gym and a swimming pool, both again, very, very clean, sadly no pool towels so you have to take your own or those out of the bathroom! we drove our own car and parking was no problem and we did not get any "mysterious dints or scratches!!! so whoever is writing a bad review after staying in this hotel has to ask him/herself...where can I get all this for this price and have I got all this at my own home?!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank overseaswriter
Reviewed April 4, 2010

Stayed in a connecting standard rooms which has a family package providing additional bed and free 1 hr karaoke session. The standard rooms are tired looking but clean enough. Pool is small, children's playroom is good enough for a few minutes of fun for the kids.

For dinner, we decided to have something simple at the chinese restaurant at the hotel. It was deserted and we were the only ones in the restaurant. Their hokkien mee was suprisingly delicious, in fact the best we ever had.

Karaoke room was spacious though we have to order 2 drinks to enjoy the free 1hour session.

Breakfast was below average. Would prefer to eat the local food instead.

Location was also not that convenient but parking was free.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank VONinSG
Bangi
Reviewed March 21, 2010

It was the school holidays. The wife wanted to bring the kids down to Melaka for some RnR. Most of the hotels were fully booked and this was the only affordable hotel with a swimming pool available besides A'Famosa Resort. Called them up but they said that walk-ins had an extra RM90 voucher. If you booked through the phone no voucher available. Anyway, we checked in for one night only. They gave a room with 2 single beds, which was fine for us. Overall, the room was your average 3 star / 4 star local hotel type. Good enough for sleeping although the beds were too bouncy for my tastes. Fairly clean rooms although a little tired looking.
Because we wanted a hotel with a swimming pool, that was the 1st thing me and the kids checked out. They had a wading pool, a jacuzzi and the main pool. Good enough for the kids, but if you're thinking of doing laps, it's too small. Main thing was the kids were happy, so I was cool with it.
One major disappointment was the breakfast. It was bland and there wasn't much choice. Thank goodness we had much better choices in the city for lunch and dinner.
The Bayview is your average hotel. It's probably suited for short stays and if you're out of the hotel most of the time. btw, it's a bit far from the main tourist sites if you plan on walking. Prices were higher than normal because of the school holidays so I won't comment on that. Other than the breakfast, everything else was ok in my book.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Mikaelangelo
Reviewed February 22, 2010

Really value for money. We stayed here for 2 nights during the Labour Day long weekend and was very surprised with the good service. The service staff are friendly and efficient. Breakfast buffet was excellent with their local food. But the heavy traffic right in front of the hotel was really terrible. Taxi drivers were afraid to send us there when we reached the Melaka Sentral bus station..haha..lucky got one nice uncle taxi driver willing to drive us there finally

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank MasCharmedOne
London
Reviewed February 18, 2010

I read mixed reviews of this hotel on Tripadvisor but when I made an enquiry regrading a forthcoming booking all the negative reviews about customer service rang true. I will paste below the reply to my enquiry about a room for single use with a double bed rather than two singles. As you will see I was almost scolded for even daring to ask!

The room type is strictly on request basis, whether it is booked online or through this office. We are unable to guarantee a queen bed, particularly during this festive season.

Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank mrstrongLondon

Travelers are raving about these Melaka hotels

Malaysia
Reviewed February 14, 2010

I booked this hotel prior to staying. Booking process was efficient and prompt. We stayed in Superior Room. The room is quite large and clean. The service was great, no complain about that. This hotel is situated not far from Banda Hilir so it's quite strategic. I believe it's worth what I paid for. I slept well the entire night, no disturbance. I like how they provided complimentary newspaper in the morning. The only downside is that you gotta pay for the internet connection. Other than this, I had a satisfying stay at this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple