Bayview Hotel Melaka
  • Pool
Palace Hotel(Melaka)
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
All reviewshotel is cleanspacious roombuffet breakfastextra bedlittle indiacomfortable stayjonker walkbooked roomsstrategic locationbulldogputrajacuzzigymabitnitetoiletriesthumbs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Location:
street outside hotel are quite safe to roam around
12min walk to Jonker St
limited eateries around
road outside hotel are terribly jam during peak hour

Room:
good sized for 2a & 2child
good water pressure
generally in need of refubrishing.
no free wifi (payable)
no safe in room
door latch are broken
door keycard are often disconnected ( always claim we place near magnetic device, which we didnt)
table are not clean
dusty & mouldly

Service:
Staff are generally polite & helpful

I wouldnt be back to this hotel for 1 main reason. SAFETY!
The reception counter have no view of the hotel door entrance.
Anybody can just walk in thru the main lobby or direct access thru the carpark to the rooms.
Especially when my door latch are broken, u dont sleep in peace.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
BayviewMelaka, Public Relations Manager at Bayview Hotel Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are in the midst of refurbishing our Superior Rooms. Wifi is also issued on a complimentary basis with room packages however charges may apply for additional wifi codes.

Rest assured that we value your feedback and suggestions and will look into the points mentioned.
Best regards
Francesca Lopez
Marketing Communications Manager

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Stayed 1 night in a superior room as no other hotels available.
Lobby not so bad to start with.
Nightmare started when going into lift. It was from 1940's!
Then into the walkway - No aircond!
While trying to keep and open mind, open my room door there's this smell like visiting your unoccupied hometown house room. Door knob broken from inside.
Not enough lighting in bathroom. Shower in he dark. Nice!
Furnitures were old and stained.
TV reception was bad all channels (unclear Astro services without rain)
Old fashioned air conditioner which has sound of Malacca river cruise. Luckily manage to sleep off on the hard mattress and fluffy pillow (oh there is good point finally)

If the management seriously wants to keep the hotel in the radar please do something. I beg you. Till then my title stands.

Room Tip: I guess suites the only option. Superior and deluxe were dreadful
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback. Refurbishments of our Superior Rooms are currently being carried out on a floor by floor basis. We are also changing the lighting in the bathroom as suggested. Notwithstanding the above, we appreciate your constructive feedback and look forward to being of better service to you.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

My family and I stayed here for one night for a short break and booked this on agoda.com. Prices were not cheap and this was advertised as a 4-star hotel, which it most definitely was not!

Firstly, I have to say that there was a slight difference between the two rooms we booked - one was a junior suite and one normal superior room.

The junior suite was overall quite pleasant - very spacious and clean. The furniture was tired and aged so that was not great (although I noticed that the furniture was in a better condition than the furniture in the standard superior room!)

The standard superior room however, was not in a good condition at all! Firstly, the air-conditioning was very noisy and loud. I could not sleep at all despite earplugs and this obviously, was not pleasant. Secondly, as mentioned before, the room was in desperate need for refurbishment and the furniture needed replacing desperately. The bathroom was clean but again, needed to be refurbished. The main shower was clearly not repaired and instead replaced with a cheap plastic handheld one (see photos). Overall, I did not enjoy my stay in the room at all.

Breakfast was also equally as bad. Whilst there was a variety of different types of food - Malaysian hot food (fried rice, fried noodles, congee), Western hot food (egg station, hot dogs), pastries/muffins, cereal and fresh fruit, the quality of the food was truly atrocious! We ended up just eating toast and went out to Malacca town for proper food.

We didn't use the facilities in the hotel, and was particularly aghast when we saw that the swimming pool was being used by children that were fully-clothed and not in swimwear. We noticed an adult who was fully-clothed and wet so I shudder to think where they've been!

Service at the hotel wasn't great either. At the reception we were greeted well and was offered two rooms on the same floor, which we appreciated. However, they weren't able to accommodate our other requests eg. adjoining rooms, upgrade to deluxe room etc. Also, when asking for directions to the main tourist attractions, whilst they did try, they didn't seem to know what was going on.

I was particularly annoyed as there were 2 things wrong with our room - initially the air-conditioning wasn't working and the safe was locked and couldn't be opened. I requested for these to be looked at and resolved, but unfortunately was completely ignored, despite asking twice!

The only good point about this hotel is the location - quite central and easy to get to Malacca's historical town (Jonkers' Street) but you still need a car or taxi as it is not near enough to walk.

Overall, I would avoid this hotel if I had a choice - only barely liveable!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your constructive feedback. We are currently in the midst of refurbishing our Superior Rooms on a floor by floor basis. We have also replaced the chiller for the entire hotel as part of our renovation works. Meanwhile, for added comfort, do opt for our Deluxe Rooms with Jacuzzi and Rain shower which we are certain will meet your expectations. Notwithstanding the above, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to being of better service to you.

Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a coach package from Singapore for one night.
Rooms are terribly run down with all the fixtures and fittings looking like they hadn't been changed for over 20 years. Carpet was old and filthy while housekeeping standards were poor with find feeling line they weren't cleaned thoroughly. Sheets used were thin and old and nothing in the rooms gives you any impression of luxury whatsoever which surprise me how this hotel can maintain its star ratings.
They only thing which stops me from giving this hotel a 1 out of five is the breakfast provided is OK and staff were generally pleasant.
Don't stay here as it is not worth the money and you can get better hotels in malacca for the same price or cheaper.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. Refurbishments of our Superior Rooms are currently being carried out on a floor by floor basis. Meanwhile, for added comfort, do opt for our Deluxe Rooms with Jacuzzi and Rain shower which we are certain will meet your expectations. Notwithstanding the above, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to being of better service to you.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Hotel was generally clean and acceptable by my standards but it lack the finer details. Wifi for example had to be purchased and because I check in rather late the hotel was not flexible enough to prorate the charges, instead insist that we pay a full 24 hr wifi charges which my husband was not willing to. And for the kind of $ we paid, I would expect that they could provide toiletries like a toothbrush or that miniature toothpaste that I used to see at hotels. We were not able to get toiletries when we arrived and we were rushing to checkin so I was kind of surprised that miniature toiletries were not available for used. No mini bars. I wouldnt have mind it if it was a budget hotel but this clearly wasnt a budget hotel. There was just something lacklustre abt it. Not the kind of hotel I would recommend or come back to again. We only stayed for one night.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple