“I say, 'Pass!'”

Bayview Hotel Melaka
Ranked #64 of 168 Hotels in Melaka
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The air conditioning keeps breaking down in this hotel, pretty much woke up sweating. The room and the service itself is average. I had a view of the Chinese cemetery.One main hassle is that it's a bit too far away from all the main action: Jonker Street and others,

If I had the choice, I would probably choose another hotel next time. This is just a sad piece of concrete monstrosity.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
BayviewMelaka, Public Relations Manager at Bayview Hotel Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. Our location is actually one of our best features as the hotel is easily accessible and just a 5 minute drive to most major tourist attractions. We are also close to China Town and Little India which is just a stroll away. Nevertheless, we hope that overall your visit to Melaka was pleasant and we hope to be given another chance to be of better service to you and to share the exciting sites to explore which is just a walk away.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

PRO
1) Near the town area
2) Good gym facilities, 2 good swimming pools 1 for adult & 1 for kids. They also have a sauna for both men & women.
3) Pleasant, clean & spacious room with decent facilities.
4) We didn't eat at the hotel but we did looked at all their menu, their price is reasonable.

CONS
1) We paid about RM190 for the superior room & they didn't come with breakfast???
2) The receptionist could learn more about customer service. 1 incident was I left my water bottle at the receptionist then when I came down to pick it up, the receptionist there barely acknowledge my present there when I tell them it's was my water bottle behind their counter.
3) After using the gym I have to dial "2" to ask for towel, I had waited too long for the towel. Well at least someone did came.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
BayviewMelaka, Public Relations Manager at Bayview Hotel Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Thank you for your constructive comments. Rest assured we value your feedback and will strive to further improve our services to meet the needs of all our guests. Meanwhile, we hope that the rest of your stay in Melaka was pleasant and we look forward to being of better service to you during your next visit.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

The moment we reached the hotel, there was no one to greet us. Even the people at the reception just ignored us till we got the attention of someone. Even then that person didn't say hi or anything. Check-in process was not that long and was handed the room key. Since it was a tiring morning, we were happy to know that we would be able to get some rest now. But to our horror, the room was not ready. Door was open and room was dirty, clear signs that room service has not cleaned up the room yet. I wonder why they gave us the room key in this case. Called front desk, told me they will check and get it done. Went down to give our luggage and got a not very sincere apology from the supervisor or manager there. Very disappointing.

After our shopping trip, we went back to our room. The aircon was not working too well. Room was warm. Technician came to check and informed us that he will do something to the main source or something but it could be because of the weather outside. Strange thing, i have stayed in so many hotels before, and none has blamed the weather.

Breakfast was not fantastic. The hotel is very far from jonker street and the other shopping areas. I would not stay here ever.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nandychandy
BayviewMelaka, Public Relations Manager at Bayview Hotel Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We regret that your stay with us was not to expectation and rest assured it is not in line with our standards of performance. We have carried out an investigation however due to insufficient information we are unable to trace the staff in question. Nevertheless, the issues raised have been briefed to all department heads to ensure immediate remedial action is taken. Meanwhile, we thank you for your feedback and look forward to being of better service to you in future.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

On the 25th of May 2013, I put up at the Bay View Hotel, Melaka.I tavelled all over the country as a UPSR Motivator, since 2008.I do experienced stay at many hotels all parts of Malaysia, but I feel the unique of Hotel Bay View.The first moment, when I stepped in the receiption,I was warm welcome by the front desk attendants .The check in took less than 3 minutes,so excellent! The hotel room I put up (1104) is so complete with all the facillity,so elegant and so comfort table. I wish to go to have a swim at the hotel swimming pool, but unfortunately, it was under maintainance.I had a comfortable rest and sleep at night. The next morning, I went for breakfast at the Cafeby 7.00am, I was the the first customer to step in.I noticed that all the food were ready to serve. The variety and quality of the food also satisfied me, So delicios and wonderful. The Bay View Hotel, Melaka really impressed me althought this my first visit to the hotel. Beside my express to thank the excellent service from the hotel, I also make up my mind to put up at this hotel during my next visit to The Historic City of Melaka!Cheers up Bay View~~~~

Room Tip: I prefer Higher Floor to view the Histrorical City~~
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
BayviewMelaka, Public Relations Manager at Bayview Hotel Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for making Bayview Hotel Melaka your choice hotel during your recent visit to Historical Melaka. We are glad that overall your stay with us was a pleasant one and thank you for your positive feedback.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Bayview Hotel Melaka soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

The Bayview hotel has been refurbished and the rooms are better than I expected - spacious and well appointed. Location is good being close enough to Jonker Street area to be able to walk. Our group had some problems in getting the wifi to work in the lobby area even after numerous attempts and helped out by staff. Service in the bar/lounge was slow. Breakfast was a very poor buffet food and very busy - probably due to a large conference group who were at the hotel.

However good value for money.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Stuart T
BayviewMelaka, Public Relations Manager at Bayview Hotel Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that overall your stay with us was pleasant and value for money. We will look into the areas of concern and look forward to being of better service to you during your next trip.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Though I have read a lot of bad review in on-line portal about Bayview Hotel Melaka, we were surprised that all those reviews are not true at all. Our stay was a very pleasant one. The room (Deluxe King Bed) was spacious and comfortable.

The only drawback was the Jacuzzi wasn't working. I didn't bother calling your staff to inform about this since to me, its just a minor issue. Perhaps your maintenance guys can take a look.

All in all, I'll give 4 stars out of 5 for your hotel and services.

Francesca Lopez , The Public Relations Manager of Bayview Melaka is kind and courteous enough by sending me an email asking about my review. That is certainly a very good PR! Thanks :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Salahuddin79
BayviewMelaka, Public Relations Manager at Bayview Hotel Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear En. Salahuddin
It is lovely to hear from you and we are glad your stay with us was a pleasant one. We look forward to welcoming you back to Melaka during your next visit.
Many thanks and best regards

Reviewed April 19, 2013

From a 4 star hotel, I expect everything a little better maintained. Reception area is posh, like 4 star, but that is were 4 star ends. Clean enough but everything is tired. Cannot open window. WiFi only can connect one device - that is so last century - have not come across a hotel like that for a long long time, and goodness I travel a lot and see a lot of hotels. I stayed here once before and was not impressed then either, still am not. It is functional and clean like a 3 star should be.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback and constructive comments. Wifi is currently accorded on a complimentary basis for guests who book online. We have noted your request for connection to more than one device, and are pleased to advise that we are pending the implementation of the new system by our appointed wifi service provider to enable us to generate codes for additional devices.
Notwithstanding the above, we thank you for your feedback and look forward to being of better service to you in future.