Bayview Hotel Melaka
$49
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $56/night.

$68
$47
Priceline
$145
$135
Casa del Rio Melaka(Melaka)
$176
$137
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $186/night.

All reviewshotel is cleanspacious roombuffet breakfastextra bedlittle indiatourist spotscomfortable stayjonker walkbooked roomsrain showerstrategic locationjacuzzibulldogputraabitnitehousekeeper
Reviewed April 19, 2013

From a 4 star hotel, I expect everything a little better maintained. Reception area is posh, like 4 star, but that is were 4 star ends. Clean enough but everything is tired. Cannot open window. WiFi only can connect one device - that is so last century - have not come across a hotel like that for a long long time, and goodness I travel a lot and see a lot of hotels. I stayed here once before and was not impressed then either, still am not. It is functional and clean like a 3 star should be.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
BayviewMelaka, Public Relations Manager at Bayview Hotel Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and constructive comments. Wifi is currently accorded on a complimentary basis for guests who book online. We have noted your request for connection to more than one device, and are pleased to advise that we are pending the implementation of the new system by our appointed wifi service provider to enable us to generate codes for additional devices.
Notwithstanding the above, we thank you for your feedback and look forward to being of better service to you in future.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed here for 5-days, on the 12th level. Basically chilling out while waiting from friends to link up. I also wanted to use a gym - so Bayview was the best choice based on cost/gym availability.

The cons first:
1. mini fridge wasn't working (but then again, i highlighted it only once in passing to reception, who wanted to send maintenance to assist me, but as it was like 2300h, i declined for both our sanities).

2. There was a miscommunication regarding my extension of stay (from 2 days to 5 days) - likely from a language barrier. I was upset at first (because i was outside enjoying myself when the 'when are you checking out, sir' phone call came') but no harm done. There is a system issue of having to pay (more than one) deposits - once when i checked in (despite my credit card online booking), once when i extended, and once when the miscommunication occurred so i had to re-extend again. I can't appreciate why, if you already have my credit card details, there is a need for deposit(s). if i run away or steal something, bill it to my card. Ah well, hotel technicalities - mystery of the universe. Anyway, the overall bill was correct - its just a minor inconvenience.

3. Bayview is a little far to walk to Jonker St (and the rest of the prime shopping) in comparison to some of the boutique or upperity hotels along the river. Its not excessively far, only that it gets quite warm in Melaka in the mid morning to afternoons. If you have difficulty ambulating, you may want to consider this. It doesn't seem easy to get a cab from here, however, that could just be my bad luck. Walking's healthy anyway.

The pros:
For the highly amicable cost, it pretty much fulfils the standard requirements i expect from a decent hotel with a gym
- Bed comfortable
- Airconditioning works well (sometimes rattles if lowered too much but quickly becomes white noise)
- Hot water and shower (the tap to fill the tub is disabled as some reviewers have already highlighted); towels and toiletries handy; Adequately nice bathroom.
- Quiet and highly sleep-able (for me) at night
- Friendly staff
- Safe works
- TV has the local channels as well as a couple of the cable ones, of which one is a movie channel; very occasionally, some channels can be grainy (not the movie one though, thank goodness).
- Kettle with a couple of coffee/tea sachets
- Internet - you can get 24h wifi if you buy a certain monetary value of food from the hotel lobby, which can be accessed from your hotel room. It is cost efficient relative to obtaining my internet fix from my home country's global data roaming service. Basically i ate dinner from the lobby daily.
- Gym - it has 3 treadmills, 1 ? gliding stepper thingy, 1 cycling, 1 chest press, 1 biceps curl, 1 hip ?abductor or adductor, 1 abs thingy,1 rower. Air conditioning not on but i guess i could have called to activate. No free weights. No other guests using the gym during the time i stayed.
- Pool - big enough to get you wet but not enough for laps. there's a toddler's pool for those with kids.
- Restaurants - no comment as i didn't eat there. You can get canned beer from the lobby food counter thingy (sorry i dunno how to term it) - the cost of which can be used to obtain wifi

In summary, for the cost, i was overall happy with Bayview and have no qualms to stay here again for the same reasons. For those seeking the atas bells and whistles standard, well, pay the atas price somewhere else. Cheers!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank John C
BayviewMelaka, Public Relations Manager at Bayview Hotel Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write to us on your recent stay at Bayview Hotel Melaka. We are glad that overall your stay with us was a pleasant one. Your comments and views have been circulated to all departments as we constantly strive to improve our facilities and services.

Just to share, if you walk along China Town, there is actually a bridge you can cross which is a faster way to Jonker's Street. Next time you're in town, feel free to ask our staff for more information on this.

Meanwhile, we thank you for your constructive feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to Bayview Hotel Melaka.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

The most bad hotel experience in my life. I had book this hotel(deluxe room wift queen bed) wift online deal about 1week more before i wanna be here. The time we here , the reception tell us that the room we booked was leaking! But we get another room on the time also, the problem that i facing now is the broken air-cond.i felt that im in a sauna room but not a room that i can sleep well for the whole night! I had called for the service , they fixed but after the few hour the room become back to the same. I request to change for the same room type but to be noticed that just left twin single bed room. I booked early but i get the worse room!!! Never to choose bayview hotelMalacca anymore,also for my friend & family!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Yoji88

Thank you for your feedback although this posting was made before our Duty Manager had met you personally and resolved all concerns. We were glad to note that thereafter your had expressed how pleased you were with the measures taken by the management.

Nevertheless, we hope that overall, your visit to Melaka was a pleasant one.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I am at the hotel as I write this on business for a meeting that is being held at the Bay View. To call this hotel 'tired' and old is an enormous compliment. The wall paper is peeling off the walls, the carpets are so stained and dirty that you wouldn't dare walk bare foot to the bathroom, and though touted as a 'non-smoking' hotel, every room has the distinct overwhelming odor of smoke and three or more ashtrays which bare the evidence of recent activity. While the staff are very nice, they are not at all skillful. It is very difficult to communicate with them and while they seem to want to be helpful, they are unable to offer any solutions to the problems facing guests at this hotel. After three rooms which which did not have breathable air, I ended up on the 'deluxe' floor which costs more but I did get a room in which I could breathe. However, now I am dealing with internet which is charged by the device - each device needing a separate password and each password resulting in another charge. By the way, there is a Ramada Inn across the street and a Holiday Inn down closer to the water. The costs are comparable and if I came back to Melaka, I would stay at one of those.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, insist on the 14th floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank RRH_12
BayviewMelaka, Public Relations Manager at Bayview Hotel Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write to us on your experience here. We regret that our Superior Rooms were not to your expectation and rest assured that refurbishments are carried out on a floor by floor basis. We appreciate your constructive comments that although our staff were pleasant they were unable to address your concerns. We will certainly look into retraining to resolve this issue.

According to our records, complimentary wifi access was issued to all guests attending the same conference as arranged by the organizer and we were not informed of additional requests from the organizer.

On a brighter note, we are pleased that your stay in our Deluxe Room was a comfortable and pleasant one. Whilst we realized our shortcomings did not create a good impression during your stay, we hope to be given a chance to make amends and look forward to being of better service to you in future.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

The reception there are friendly,the cafe food not bad and not too princely. Is only 10 minutes walk to the town. Quite convenient place to stay. Food store is around the corner. There is facilities such as swimming pool, and gym are available. The room rate is reasonable. Room was clean and tidy. Is a convenient place to stay and comfortable just that tv line was not clear, and wifi need to be charge.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank claytonca
BayviewMelaka, Public Relations Manager at Bayview Hotel Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that overall your stay with us was a pleasant one. We are pleased to advise that the hotel provides complimentary Wifi access for guests who book online. Meanwhile, we look forward to welcoming you back to Bayview Hotel Melaka in the near future.