“A night at QuaySide Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of QuaySide Hotel

QuaySide Hotel
Ranked #36 of 167 Hotels in Melaka
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“A night at QuaySide Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed for a night at this hotel on the 30th June 2013.

Location: Strategic. Walking distance from Melaka's main historical buildings/attractions.

Front desk officer & greeter: They are very helpful, responsive. I love how they interact with us and I'm glad they are local.

Room: Nice and comfy bed. Minimalist. No fancy buttons on the bedside. Try to get a room facing the river. You wont regret it; trust me.

Rest room/toilet: The water pressure is excellent. Fluffy towels provided.

The kitchen: Halia Inc. Halia is Ginger in English. We had our breakfast; English Breakfast to be specific. The portion is so huge; and i cant finish mine. I had an orange juice; but its not up to my expectation. Only the orange juice; the meal is super delicious. I swear. Maybe next time I should request for a coffee instead.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the second floor, facing the river; you wont regret it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

We are big group of friends 20 + visiting Malacca after Friend's wedding. The service is excellent as we checked in late, yet the front desk service is quick & responsive. We enjoyed the design and environment of Quayside. The amount we pay quite valuable as it's included breakfast at nice industrial themed restaurant just beside the Hotel. Great view at riverside. And I lost my wallet during the trip, actually i left it inside the wardrobe upper part. Thank you for the staff patiently offer help and eventually I manage to get back my wallet. Overall, I'm very pleased with the staying. And I hope Quayside will keep improving as well.

Room Tip: -You can pay a little more to get room near the riverside. - Mention to the Hotel side in booking i...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Quayside H, Manager at QuaySide Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Hi Kyren90,

Thanks for the review. We're glad you were able to get back your wallet too!
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

We had a great holiday staying at the Quayside Hotel. Perfect for weekend trips, it is walking distance away from all of Melaka's main historical attractions and Jonker Walk. Beyond the great location, the service is excellent, rooms are nice and the cost is much more affordable than other places in Melaka/Malacca. I would strongly recommend the hotel for anyone who wants a convenient, comfortable place to stay in the heart of Melaka.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

My family and I recently stayed in Azura Suite in Quayside Hotel for 3D2N when we visited Malacca for the second time last June 21-23, 2013. We learned that Quayside Hotel's the newest hotel in Malacca that only opened last May 2013 and was renovated from a century old Customs warehouse thus the minimalist and industrial yet impressive exteriors and interiors of the hotel.

I’m no hotelier or a man in the Tourism industry but I personally think the 3-star-hotel category of Quayside Hotel is underrated. Just because the hotel doesn’t have swimming pool or lifts because it’s only a 2-storey-structure doesn’t mean it couldn’t satisfy what tourists and guests are looking in an accomodation during leisure or holiday. Here's what I think of Quayside Hotel in Melaka :

LOCATION

About five (5) minutes away from Melaka Sentral by taxi cab, situated at the center of Heritage Site, just after that giant Malaccan water wheel, along the Malacca River and right across the Balai Polis or Police Station in Bandar Hilir. A stone’s throw away from commercial malls, public and night markets, the famous Jonker Street, Red Square where Christ Church Melaka and Clock Tower are located. In order words, VERY ACCESSIBLE to everything in Malacca!

ROOMS :

Spacious, stylish and comfortable.
Wooden floors from lobby to hallways to suites! Impressive!

SERVICE :

Local staffs were courteous and fluent in English (apparently, a big plus to travelers & tourists).

RATES :

Surprisingly, reasonable and highly competitive with the other hotels around.

FOOD & BEVERAGE :

Complimentary breakfast included on the package. We dined at the next door's newly opened restaurant and coffee bar, Halia Inc. The spread's a variety of both Western and local dishes! I was content with their version of Char Koay Teow with not only generous pieces of plump prawns but slices of squid too! Don't forget to try the Local Nyonya breakfast served in metalic packed lunch box; it has fried beehon topped with fried egg, coffee bread and pudding, plus fresh tropical fruit slices. Delicious!

WIFI ACCESS :

Fast and FREE!

AMBIANCE FOR HOLIDAY :

Excellent. Relaxing. Not Intimidating, family friendly!

LOCAL FLAVOR :

Other than offering local cuisine together with Western favorites on their menu at Halia Inc Restaurant, Quayside Hotel also supports Malaysian culture, artists and their creativity by putting up its very own boutique shop and art gallery.

Accessible, Affordable, Spacious, Friendly, Comfortable, Delicious!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank docgelo
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed at QuaySide Hotel for one night and were very satisfied with their customer service and ambience. This newly opened hotel is located very close to attractions and was perfect, especially for my mother, who couldn't walk long distances. We took connecting premium rooms which had balconies overlooking the river - very nice to sit outside and enjoy a cup of coffee or two in the mornings/evenings. We had the privilege of watching the dragonboat race from our balconies too! The rooms could be bigger and the only setback was the breakfast at Halia restaurant - buffet spread was limited. Other than that, I would highly recommend anyone going to Malacca to stay at QuaySide hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Not planning holiday to Melaka during my working leaves, have brought to strategic location of Quayside Hotel Melaka. Actually, after a tired of jalan-jalan around Banda Hilir, I'm decide to stay a nearest hotel and choose Quayside Hotel Melaka. Strategic location, in the centre of Banda Hilir, in front of IPD Melaka Tengah (if I'm not mistake), beside of Melaka River Cruise jetty. I'm stayed for 2 days 1 night on 11/6 until 12/6, should enough on giving me some interesting stayed. Before check in, I've been brief by Mr. Shah (FO) about the types of rooms. Friendly staff. He was recommend myself to choose a room which have a view of Sungai Melaka. So, I'm stayed at Premium Room (#205). As per brief by Mr. Shah, this hotel was officially opened 3 weeks ago. So, new hotel, everything was new. Modern concept of lobby until the room, i'm sure the owner have many creative idea in decorate this hotel. Interesting point, there have no lift in this hotel, maybe it just 2 level. No need lift. Table at the lobby was 3 layer of wooden which usually used by factory as a based of heavy items. Nice. About the room, as per mention before, clean, nice, new. My room which view of Sungai Melaka, windy, no need to switch on the aircond. Maybe an advise to the management, during my 2 days stayed, I've never noticed about Rescue Plan in the room. Usually, they will place at the back of the door. Once more, after check in, I've called reception, asking, is it available room service of F&B. He was replied yes and asking me to called a restaurant. So, I've called restaurant but someone from restaurant stated that there were no room service for this time being. So, quite a miscommunication between staff.

Halia Inc. , a restaurant with modern concept. Interested with thier decoration, nice old wood for wall at the counter. During my second day, only a'la carte breakfast was available. So, I choose a Malay set. The presentation of the food was unique. The foods was come in with different way, using a 'Mangkuk Tingkat in Malay. Eventhough the taste was ok2 only, but
I'm impressed with the hotel creativity. Maybe some advise for the management, wash room at the restaurant. Maybe could separate between male area and female area instead of adjoin in 1 area. Just to give user more privacy.

Overall, awesome hotel with awesome service, awesome facilities. Will come back for sure if jalan-jalan at Melaka

• Stayed June 2013
Ipoh, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is a new hotel in Melaka. It is strategically located in Quayside Heritage Centre, just opposite the police station in Bandar Hilir, near the waterwheel.

Quayside Hotel spots and industrial design for its interior but externally, it has maintained its heritage architecture.

The hotel is within walking distance to all important must-visit tourist spots within the city, like Jonker Street, Stadthuys, Maritime Museum, etc. It is especially convenient to first time visitors to Melaka.

Rooms have two views: city view or the excellent view of the Malacca River. Some rooms may not have a balcony, though.

Sitting at the balcony, we could enjoy live music from establishments from across the river. Night view of the Malacca River is awesome with all the lights.

Rooms are very clean and uncluttered. Bathroom is basic but functional and more importantly, water pressure is strong!

Staff were helpful and service quick and good. We requested for a hair dryer and iron. We had to return the iron after an hour but the hair dryer was only returned only upon check out. We also ran out of toilet paper but it was quickly replenished when we called housekeeping.

Food is also easily available. Next door is Halia Inc. that serves a good combination of Western and Asian cuisines.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends