All reviewsgreat locationthe riverjonker streetginger flowersaloon style doorsfriendliness and helpfulnesshotel bathroomboiled eggsrain showerhistoric areabreakfast selectionlovely boutiquesmall hotellimited parkinglocal dishesweekend staynoisy at night
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We are very lucky to find an available room on a weekend without advance booking online. The room is well maintained with see-thought glass toilet and bath (can be awakening... ). The buffet breakfast is simple, nothing fancy. The location is wonderful, right next to Jonker Street where you can find food easily yet the hotel is tucked away from the heavy human traffic and noise. You can also walk to most attractions from the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The B&B is just few minutes away from Jonker Street. The rooms are clean but small.

However, I have to complain their services.The staff was very unfriendly and no smiles at all. Upon our checkout, housekeeper informed front desk staff that we had taken away a piece of face towel, and the front desk staff charged us for MYR2.50 (I forgot the exact amount for it). I told the staff we did not take away anything from the room and I wen to the room to check with housekeeper! Eventually, I found all towels were in the washroom but no one apologized for their carelessness.

In terms of value, it was a bit expensive. There are many other B&Bs around, and I would rather look for other B & B on my next trip to Malacca.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Nice and clean hotel with pleasent staffs.However I find the room is small and I didnt like the fact on how the bathroom was designed with transparent glasses.Location is great...it is close to the jonker street.

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank Sudhasen
Reviewed May 29, 2013

- Tip top condition! Not only the room is very clean, the toilet - not a deck of mould! The aircon is brand new, sheets and pillows are clean and the bed is so comfortable
- Cosy, hotel with nice and polite staff
- Fantastic location! Short walk from the start of Jonker street! Right next to the river beside casa del rio
- only down side was, the rates are considerably expensive but worth the price. Breakfast was very simple, but they serve nespresso! And with a food street just next block, who needs a heavy breakfast?

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Aileen Y
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I wanted a overnight get away from JB and this was about the only hotel I could find with availability in all of Malacca. I was very impressed with the staff and service, allowed me to have my room early, gave me a refrigerated damp towel and a refreshing drink while my check-in was processed. The hotel doesn't have amazing facilities on site, of course, but the room was small but perfectly formed, amazingly comfy bed, soft towels and appointed with every toiletry item you could ever want in an immaculate bathroom.

The location is perfect, one street away from the busy hustle bustle night market so the hotel is quiet, but literally a stones throw from where its all happening, Casa del Rio is right behind the hotel and has high end bar and restaurant facilities should you not want street food.

The hotel even has allocated parking which is a big bonus in Malacca town!!

Room Tip: I stayed in a deluxe room