“Nicely located, value for money.”
Review of Swan Garden Hotel

Swan Garden Hotel
Ranked #64 of 168 Hotels in Melaka
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Stay a night last year June when it was quite new. The room was quite big and comfy and with Melaka heritage deco.
However be ready for a little at night as the hotel is the junction of main road which the 'mat rempit' like to show off their motorcycle skill. However not much a big issue.
Breakfast was average though, typical Malaysian Food.
Location wise is very good, near to Melaka hot spots and restaurant "Bei Zhan" just at the opposite. A value for money stay if you book early.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank YMCA24

Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

We stay at garden suite room. The bathroom is the best especially the see-through wall where u can watch tv while relaxing in the bathtub. The negative side is the breakfast where u have to wait for empty table during peak hour around 9.30 am. No loud noise from draf race experienced as mention from other reviews.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zul Aiman Z
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I booked this hotel in one of the website and thinking it is new it should be fine. However, to my disappointment, I started my experience in this hotel by finding out there are lumps of dust on the floors and the toilet bowl (sry to be so specific) is dirty. Immediately I called up the receptionist and they actually sent the housekeeping to clean the room immediately (while I am actually in the room) rather than changing my room to another one. After a couple of minutes feeling strange with the housekeeper vacuming the room and smelling the strong detergent smell from the toilet due to them cleaning the toilet bowl, finally I manage to shower and rest. However, reaching the night, there are motorcyclist racing and it was so noisy until I decided to checked out at 12.30am. While checking out, the receptionist is not professional at all. I was told that she have no idea where does my credit card slip (which they have swiped and hold for deposit purposes) is. I was shocked and obviously I did try to tell her why do I need the slip back but all she say is "I don't know where is it". She did not explain to me in a proper way rather than keep telling me she don't know where is the slip is and emphasizing that they will not charge me with anything (as if I am a kid). There are no apology at all from her. This is the first time I have encounter such bad attitude from the hospitality industry. I will strongly NOT recommend anyone to stay in this place. I am sure there are many more value for money places.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Charlene k
Reviewed April 27, 2014

The hotel is new , but unfortunately the security is the worst.
Spent a night during a weekend, and parked my car at the outdoor parking, since the hotel does not have its own parking lot. I've got my car windscreen broken the day after (after check-out). There was attempt on getting the computer box of the car.
The security guard should cover more around the hotel, not only in front of the hotel. Since the hotel' park is around the hotel, I have no choice of parking the car next to the building, just 5 metre away from the hotel. (The parking area was full the night before, plus, it was weekend). I ve seen only one security guard at the hotel, so you judge yourself. It was Sunday, so we could not find any shops to repair the windscreen so we have to go back to KL asap and pray for no rain. Very bad experience with this hotel. Tips here: Not to overnight at the hotel with no reserve/private hotel parking bay.

Besides, the internet connection was sucks! The signal was strong but my handphone, laptop and my ipad could not event connect to the network!

The breakfast was bad too. It has only few options of food.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank jumbozzz
Reviewed April 9, 2014

the hotel is right next to a main street crossing, which is noisy especially during the night.
the rooms are big and clean.
it is about a 15-20 minute walk away from "jonker walk". but it has an own parking lot which is handy if you are travelling with your own car.
breakfast serves: toast, fresh fruit, cereal, rice, noodles, eggs, etc.
all in all the hotel is great value for money, the hotels in the old town close to "jonker walk" cost easily double the price, therefore I recommend staying there.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Zwinky1
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We booked this accommodation having read various reviews and I was disappointed as it did not live up to the reviews. The location is on a major intersection and has some side roads next to it. We we had to endure young kids drag racing until 3am on Sat night/Sun morning, I had earplugs and I still had a terrible nights sleep as was spoken up by revving engines and shouting, complete nightmare. The location is definitely a 20 minute walk to Jonker Street, I would recommend somewhere more central if you don't have a car and need to walk. Breakfast was basic, the western food was two cereals, fruit (which was lovely) and toast, the asian food was congealed noodles, etc
overall disappointing.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Travelbugx1
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Swan Garden is new, clean and comfortable. Although not quite " at the door step" to the main tourist area but it is logistically close enough ( 15 - 20 min walk away)
The reception staff were friendly,well spoken and fairly efficient. However their local knowledge could be improved on ( information regarding bus routes,estimation of taxi fares, recommendations of local restaurants etc. Was a bit hit or miss as opposed to being factual)
The room that was allocated to me ,which I believe it to be a deluxe was very commodious and comfortable. On first impression the room appears clean however on closer inspection it was
obvious that housekeeping services need to improve on their standards by paying more attention to detail. To explain ,surfaces not commonly made use of (e.g. The shelf above the bar ,the
lower shelf of the bedside table) had an obvious layer of dust. In addition to this the drainage of
water after having a shower was slow and on investigation I found that the reason for this was
that the drainage outlet was clogged with hair. NOT pleasant!!!!
I did not have a meal at the hotel however there were a variety of eateries close by. There was also a convenience store(7/11) located close by.
For those who are wheel chair dependent,this hotel provides good access not only where the room are concerned but also in the general public areas.
Generally this hotel was a fair priced hotel offering a comfortable stay and is located at a fairly good logistic.
Incidentally wheelchair access to the main tourist area from the hotel via road is fairly accessible but please note that access within the city is not good and could be dangerous due to the narrow
roads and motor vehicle traffic.
An additional bit of information, for those coming from Melaka Sentral ( central bus station) hop
on board bus no. 17 . This bus passes by the hotel this will save you having to walk across town
to get to the hotel.

Room Tip: My stay spanned two nights, Thursday and Friday. Swan garden is located at a corner of a traffic jun...