“Everything new.”

Swan Garden Hotel
Ranked #58 of 166 Hotels in Melaka
“Everything new.”
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

This is a new hotel. So it is clean. It is also differentiated by cultural design for the rooms. Japanese. Baba Nyonya and etc.

I had a small Japanese Tatami style room. It was pretty nifty. The bathroom could be better built. It is an all open area. So everything gets wet.

Do take note that this hotel is on a quite isolated area which is definitely more than 15 minutes from Jonker Street. Transport cost RM15!

Oh yes. Depending on how you view it. It had illegal motor racing along the hotel stretch on the Saturday night I stayed.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We booked the hotel after reading a number of good reviews on TripAdvisor.

First things first, Jonker Street is about a 15-20 minute walk from Swan Garden. (It depends on your pace. :D) So, to some people, that might be too much of a walk.

However, Swan Garden Hotel is a number of good things to offer Malacca tourists.

1.) Peace and quiet after a crazy day of touring Old Malacca. Since Swan Garden is several minutes away from Jonker Street, you are assured that you will have a quiet night when you get back to the hotel in the evening. I must say though that during my stay, I could hear the roaring of cars being driven like crazy in the middle of the night. I dunno if they were drag racers or just a bunch of irresponsible drivers, but I could hear the motor from the main street. Of course, the hotel has no control over these. And it didn't prevent me from having a good night's sleep.

2.) Quite a number of dishes at the breakfast buffet. For the price we paid (about SGD60), I must say that the breakfast buffet spread had quite a lot to offer. I was definitely full after.

3.) Room was clean. Bed was comfy. AC was working well. The bathroom we got had the basic necessary items - hairdryer, toiletries, towels, hot/cold shower. These were good enough for me. Cable TV available. Tea and coffee and a mini bar were also available.

Overall, I had a good stay at Swan Garden.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We booked this hotel just the night before checking in. The impression was good and very spacious foyer area where my kids just ran around freely. Two mini couch posed a welcome impression for the kids as well. The front counter staff appeared to be quite inexperience but managed to check us in with little extra time.

Without doubt the cleanliness is definitely not a worry for any travelers. We asked for joining rooms and have it as booked. However, we have to remind them for the extra bed that we requested upon booking. There is no bathtubs for deluxe rooms and toilet is pretty small but comfortable. I like the wooden and tiles flooring instead of carpets which usually trapped dirts which make me and my kids sneeze a lot if not well maintained.

Basic toiletries are provided and a mini hairdryer are placed in the dresser drawer. Tea and coffee as usual and a mini bar fridge for your own cold drinks. This is important especially I brought along some of my kids medicine to standby which needed to be refrigerated.

The bed is comfy not to hard nor too soft but the pillows are way too flat, so the extra pillows in the wardrobe help to give a better sleep.

The wireless is good and I like the amount of sockets they installed for charging our mobiles, camera and v-cam at the same time. My hubby used to lug along an extended multi plug, so this is really helpful.

The hotel is situated near some on-going construction and light industrial buildings, so there isn't much view. Please see the photos which I posted with this review. It has an open space free parking area surrounding the hotel, good for those who drive.

We had a good sleep for the 1st night and barely sleep on the 2nd night as there were loud roaring engines sound around 2am and 4am. It woke all of us from our slumber and frightened my kids. It was really disturbing. We stayed at the 9th floor. We told the recept in the morning and they said they already lodge a police report.

So driving back home with lacking of sleep was not what we planned for.

The breakfast for the 1st morning was not to hotel standard. The spread was limited and the fried vermicelli and rice were tasteless. The chicken ham was way too salty and creamy curry chicken was definitely not for the kids. So my kids were left with cereal, toast bread and jam to eat. The mushroom soup was so watery and hardly any mushroom chunks. The spread for 2nd morning was more reasonable with fried mee goreng and finally, tasty chicken congee for the kids.

So if you have the time, you can consider to do without the breakfast and head towards the eateries in the mall instead. But do check their opening hours.

Overall, a good, clean and comfy place to rest if not because of the motorbike racing happened around the hotel on the 2nd night. And hope they improve on the breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
singapore
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed for 1 night in a Deluxe Room during the Lunar New Year period.

THE GOOD
Hotel is new therefore cleanliness is not a problem.
Parking is free.
WIFI is provided.
Room has all the basic amenities like hairdryer, coffee & tea making facilities.

THE BAD
Reception Staff is not knowledgeable in what they are doing. All staff we encountered were not friendly, no smiling faces.

Definitely more than 15 min walk to Jonker Street.

Breakfast selection limited, and dirty plates were not cleared (I went to my room for 15 min to check my email, and when I get back to the restaurant to continue my breakfast, my dirty plates were still on the table).

We stayed on the 7th level, the walls of the deluxe room was thin as we could hear the chime of the lift door opening and closing at all times

No shower curtain in the shower. The whole toilet floor will be wet after a shower.

For the price we paid, I would not book this hotel again as there are better choices in Malacca which can provide clean rooms with smiling faces.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple