“An enjoyable night just before Christmas Eve.”

Driftwood Guest House
Ranked #11 of 210 Melaka B&B and Inns
Klang, Malaysia
“An enjoyable night just before Christmas Eve.”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The Driftwood Lodge Hotel.
My family and I consisting of 5 person went down to Malacca for a night’s stay. We were introduced by a friend to try Driftwood Lodge. We booked the suite room, which sleeps 6 comfortably.
The accommodation is a short distance away from town center and for those who intent to stay its best to have your own transportation.
Upon arrival were greeted by the lodge owner and his wife. They were friendly and informative when asked whereabouts good meals and best sites are found. After exchanging some casual conversation we were brought to see our rooms.
The rooms were well decorated and very tidy. It reflect a sense of warmness, unlike times when I booked into other accommodations. I was then told that the owners did all the decorating themselves. Bravo!
The suite room had all the basic amenities i.e. Wi-Fi, TV, room fridge, washing sink, coffee and tea complimentary, cutlery for your takeaway meals (no cooking), a dining table for 4 person, great shower and bathroom. The room is divided into two levels. The bottom level is furnished with two double-sofa beds and the upper level has two single beds. All rooms were with air-conditioning.
There is also a K3K restaurant (similar to an up-scale-coffee house) nearby, thus should you be hungry for a late night supper it’s with walking distance (5 min max).
If you like a quiet and relaxing place to stay. If you're into enjoying an evening with family members or a group of friends. I suggest you give DRIFTWOOD LODGE a try.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Paris, France
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Here's a short summary of why I think people should stay at Driftwood Guesthouse (based on my experience):
1. The rooms are really clean. And I mean, impeccably clean; not to mention spacious.
2. Cozy. You feel like you're in a five-star hotel once you step into your room. I like the fact that it doesn't feel like those cheap hotel rooms you can get in any city. This has more feel to it, and it's really quiet.
3. The owners are very nice. They will help you and give you the information you need about Malacca.
4. The price is just right!
I am happy my boyfriend and I stayed at this guesthouse instead of some cheap, noisy, and dirty hotel in the town area. Thanks to the owners for making our stay as comfortable as possible!

Room Tip: The Caribbean room is worth every penny for couples.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Having traveled a lot in Malaysia, the main point of concern has been the service at hotels and their cleanliness.

The couple running the establishment are very pleasant + helpful to deal with was shown right from the time calling to inquire, arriving after booking till the time we had to had leave ;-(

At Driftwood we were pleasantly surprised by the extremely high standard of cleanliness and eye to detail in the decoration of the rooms and providing the little touches which made our stay very comfortable.

We'll definitely come again!

Though it's not downtown of Melaka. Staying in town, you mostly find OLD accomodation with rather bad sound insulation. Hence the advantage in staying at Driftwood are the very personalized service, cleanliness, quietness and actually easy to reach location.

Room Tip: No specific recommendation. The place is NEWLY renovated from the inside and tastefully decorated.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed here in August 2013 on two different occasions I had a different rooms each time and both were equaly comfortable very clean and spacious. Loved the shower which once preset delivered the right temperature at the push of a button. Another big plus for me was the free WI FI in the rooms as I rely on the internet to stay in touch with friends and manage my affairs
The guesthouse is located about twenty minutes walk from the tourist heart which suited me as I enjoyed the exercise but if you do not wish to walk there are frequent and cheap buses and taxis. Not being in the heart of the tourist area meant that I was able to experience some of the real Malaysia not just the tourist bits. Check out the local food courts delicious and very very cheap meals.
The biggest plus though were the hosts Syl andMay who made me feel so very welcome and for whom nothing was too much trouble.
Clicked on swimming pool by mistake and do not seem to be able to remove it without losing the review. The guesthouse does not have a swimming pool

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

The owners were most accommodating and very into details.

Even before my stay begins, their hospitality had been displayed in allowing us to check in early to fit into our traveling plans.

There was a misunderstanding in the price initially but that showed they do not charge strictly to their displayed charges. We took the Driftwood Suite cos it's good for 5. N initially we told them we hv 4 adults when we have actually 2 more kids. 15% less of the displayed charge was quoted. Subsequently a final entourage of 5 adults n 2 kids was set off n they were accommodating to all of us n I was more than happy to pay the displayed charge.

The room, was clean n very cosy. My boy clamours to go back whenever we go out cos he was so happy in the room. We like the room layout n it's comfortable.

May and Sylvester are friendly folks and very detailed in their service. They provided an extra bin n plastic bags to dispose of my boys' diapers. What impressed me on their hospitality is there is this Rooibos tea bag provided n I like it a lot. I asked where can it b bought n learned that its actually brought over from Holland by their friend. N they shared it with their customers!

We drove n hence had no transport issue. Truly recommend this homestay to anyone visiting Melaka. U wun regret it.

• Stayed August 2013
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My partner and I had an amazing stay here and I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking to stay in Melaka. The owners were very warm and friendly, and the local knowledge transformed our trip from being tourist-y to a memorable and genuine experience (the great advice on food was VERY useful). The rooms were all clean and well decorated, and the option for a more personal touch and talking to the owners was always available (and very welcome).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We've had the pleasure to stay at Driftwood Guest House during the most recent CNY holidays. All in all, it is really a fantastic place to stay. Rooms are really clean, interior decor are of 5-star levels, convenient location (if you have a car) which is central to major attractions in Melaka, affordably priced rooms & really great owners. I would definitely return whenever I visit Melaka.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family