“Have potential to improve”
Review of Coral Wonderland - CLOSED

Coral Wonderland
Singapore, Singapore
103 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 131 helpful votes
“Have potential to improve”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We went on a school holiday but it was not crowded at all. The main highlight of the attraction is the touch section where you can touch certain sea creatures. Some of them looks dead though. They could create a platform so that young children can stand on it rather than expecting the parents to carry the children.

Visited December 2013

Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent, keep it up!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Frankly I entered the attraction with little expectation as it is located in a mall which I thought must should not be too encouraging. To my pleasant surprise, it was one of the best place we visited there with our 2 kids 11 and 7.

Must mention is that they allow us to touch the creatures and we had 2 meticulous gentlemen, a Chinese young man and a Malay, both extremely helpful and friendly. Good job and thank you!

I would recommend anyone who visited Melaka with kids, a must-go, I would say.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank c_s_yap
Geoje, South Korea
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Nice for kids, they have a fun quiz-tour.”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Their advertisement says "most touchable aquarium". This title might be a bit over the top. You can touch some water creatures in here, like small sharks, a black jellyfish and a shoe horse crab. And maybe they are the aquarium in Malaysia with the most creatures to touch, but that doesn't make it the best aquarium. Nice thing about this aquarium is the quiz route they have. You have 8 answers to give, and you can use the stamps that hang on the wall of each section to stamp the answer on your paper. It took us about an hour to go through al the sections, and we enjoyed seeing all the fish and some reptiles and the turtles. I like the aquarium in Kuala Lumpur much better, but still it was a nice thing to do. Be aware: you end in the shop, and after you leave there, no turning back. Then you have to go to the counter to collect your prize (tip: don't buy sand art in the shop...)

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Brenda72_11
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“good experience but overpriced”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

went there with my 3 year old daughter. We were charged RM 30 for adult and as she's 3 , RM 20. I think they should only charge children who are 4 and above. Price wise I'd rather visit KLCC Acquaria and Langkawi Underwater world. I am impressed by the section which allows you to touch several sea creatures and it wss the highlight of the visit. I commend the management for employment opportunities for the handicapped and for educating visitors on the importance of conserving the coral reefs. Noticed that some of the tanks were empty with no creatures. It shouldn't be and shows that they haven't been vigilant to replace creatures that may have died. I didn't encounter this in KLCC Acquaria or Langkawi Underwater world. My conclusion-if you have an hour or so to kill go visit, otherwise there are better acqarias elsewhere for the price.

3 Thank Geochong
Nottingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“worst aquarium ever!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Popped in on an afternoon of exploring melaka, first stop is the touch pool where staff chuck fish around for you to have a touch,bringing them all out of the water for a bit, clearly distressing them, most of them constantly trying to wriggle free, stingrays have had their sting removed to allow them to be touched..

Several tanks contained fish with visible damage from repeatably swimming into the walls of their overcrowded tanks, the young sea turtles were absolutely jammed into their tanks and the larger ones which were in a larger pool were constantly swimming full pelt into the sides and trying to climb out to escape their tank! Again completely over filled with barely any room to themselves. compare this to an aquarium in vietnam where 3 turtles shared a space of 25mx25m.

There was one exhibit where a crocodile shared a tank with some frogs.. and frog skeletons, probs not beign fed enough.

one to avoid!