“Great place, very nice family running it”

and 1 more site!
Wayfarer Guest House
Ranked #6 of 210 Melaka B&B and Inns
“Great place, very nice family running it”
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

The place is just great, the rooms are spacious and very clean.

The owners are a very nice couple.

The only downside is not having the breakfast included/available... most places in the town open at 10am so it gets a little frustrating to find a place to eat your first meal.
Other than that, we had such a wonderful time while staying there.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank RuiPaula
WayfarerMelaka, Owner at Wayfarer Guest House, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Most breakfast shops opened at 9.00am but unfortunately some shops do take their time to open. You can find the tim-sum and Indian breakfast as early as 6.30am. Thank you for your review and we hope your next stay here will be more enjoyable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed there just one night 5/6 April with my husband as a getaway from Singapore.
The room we wanted was not available as we booked late but room 7 which we had was
still ok. Very clean, free wifi and owner Lian is very friendly and help full with advices of where
to go and what to do/directions.
Room 1 and 6 are very large with King size bed, balcony facing the river and huge bathroom.
They also have a family room.
The photos on the web page is almost accurate, off course a bit wear and tear in the main
areas downstairs.
For me the only thing was the pillows, they have four in a queen size bed, two diff sizes but both too thick for me.
Also if you drive you have to park at the open car parks around the corner, if you come late on weekends they are full and also in the evenings there are hundreds of birds in the trees above and don't ask me what you car would like like in the morning.
Wayfarer can sell you the coupons needed for the car park. My husband and I choose to
park down the road at Hard Rock Cafe covered and secured car park but off cause, at a price to go with it. NOT CHEAP.
But then again, you are at a central location and can walk to all the attractions.
We will be back.
Berit and Mir.

Room Tip: When you go on the webpage you see the layout of the shop house and room numbers. I find room 1 and...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank greatdane0808
Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We ask for Room 6-Artist Suite but it was booked. We stayed two days at Room 7. There were too many good comment here. But for us, the shower really helps us to reduce the heat after some walks from the Jonker. Air-con feel like we were at Europe. I had dust allergy. We usually stay at stars hotel and ask for clean room. Rooms here were so clean that I had no problem at all.

This place really recall many of my good memories. The lobby was like my grandfather house with my happy childhood. The third day, Lian shift us to the Room 1-Author Suite. The balcony recall me the time I'm staying at St. Gallen(Swiss) facing the Cathedral and the old city. We spend a very beautiful night with cocktail at there. (Ask for mosquito coils. It will protect you for this romantic moment)

Lian and her husband was so nice. We just feel like living with family. Help yourself with coffee or tea at the lobby. Just relax.

Me and my wife will definitely come again when we have time!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sogen L
Thank you for your wonderful description of Room 6. It is somehow a warm and charming room for couples who love to relax and enjoy. More importantly we appreciate your precious time in writing this review for Wayfarer.
Reviewed March 23, 2013

For my first stayover trip to Melaka, I went to Wayfarer without much thought to it. But I was so surprised when I got there! It was tucked away in a little corner of shophouses and other guesthouses/backpacker hotels. But as I entered the place, the architecture of the place still retained the Peranakan shop house shape that has airwells. The lobby was filled with antiques from Melakan culture, like old theatre seats, pictures of rubber plantations, stairs from the original house (which has been converted into a bar!).

I stayed in the Trader's suite with 3 other friends and it was amazing! It has 2 floors! The rooms were squeaky clean. We had hot water, air con and wifi! It was such a great place to stay. The rooms were so comfortable that I didn't really want to leave.

Another great thing about this place is the incredible location. It is literally 3mins walk away from Jonker's street and all shopping districts and the river flows right behind the house so that you can just sit there, relax, enjoy the breeze. We took the river cruise and they stopped us right at our door!!

Wayfarer is one of the best guesthouses in Malacca. It is both a friendly and welcoming place without you having to dig deep to pay for it. It is very affordable and it was just the best place to stay, especially if you want to see both the cultural and modern side of Melaka.

7 Thank ngmeizhi
The Trader's suite is most not only for a family of 4 but also friends who wants to be together.
Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review.
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Three of my friends and I stayed in the Duplex room which accommodated four people - the best part is that it was so extremely affordable. The entire guesthouse was nicely furnished, and i especially loved that fact that there were efforts to preserve the traditional colonial architecture (in the pantry, living area, rooms etc.).

The location was terrific - not only is it in close proximity to Jonker Street but it is also tucked in an area with thoroughly relaxing food places (quirky cafes, lounges, bars, etc.). My friends and I even walked to the local shopping malls where there was even more shopping to do. Though the weather in Malacca can be quite trying, I had a pleasant time walking around.

The rooms were spotless, we had hot water, air-conditioners on both levels of our room, a great wifi connection and a rainshower! It was also furnished with very unique pieces of furniture which i really liked! The beds was SO comfortable and I absolutely loved the architecture of the room.

The Wayfarer really is one of the best places to stay in malacca - entirely pleasant, homey, affordable - couldn't have asked for a better place to stay!!!!

7 Thank kllyplmr
Thank you very much for kind review. We are glad to share our home with you.
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed in the Trader's Suite meant for a couple and 2 young adults/children, though there were four of us. The suite was perfect, it was a loft duplex unit! There was sufficient privacy for the couple, as well as the 2 singles in the trip.

There was fully functional wifi, hot water flowing through a rain shower, and the room was spotlessly clean.

We'd definitely be back here again.

2 Thank themountainelf
Glad you enjoy the family room. It has the feel of an old shophouse master room. Thank you so much for your kind review.
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

My friend's hubby recce'd Malacca a month ago and selected Melaka's Wayfarer Guest House for his wife's 50th B'day! What an excellent idea! It's literally 3 minute's walk to the main thoroughfare, Jonker's street and the rear of the Hotel is the river. It's so central you'll find St Francis Xavier's, museums and of a myriad of eateries showing off the mingling of cultural cuisines!

Colin

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Moongzr
WayfarerMelaka, Owner at Wayfarer Guest House, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for the time taken to write this wonderful review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and birthday party. Look forward to welcome you and your friends again.