The Neem@Banda Hilir
$80
  • Pool
Casa del Rio Melaka(Melaka)
$176
$61
$39
All reviewsextra bedketapangchaletcompoundrepairjonker
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Neem is a tree whose medicinal properties and benefits were discovered by Indians over 5000 years ago. The Neem @ Banda Hilir, Melaka is right in the city of Melaka but located away from noise and bustle of city life, it has a rustic charm all its own and all the chalets are set among various species of trees with the Neem. tree dominating, hence its name.

The amenities available at the Neem @ Banda Hilir are admitted,y basic but all that one needs for a quiet , simple, no frills holiday have been provided. The polite, helpful, courteous and friendly staff add to the Neem's charm. City attractions such as shopping, complexes, cinemas, eateries, The A Famosa, St Paul's Hill, Stadthuys buildings and even Jonker walk are all within walking distance.

If one wishes to savour, for a change, a simple holiday in quiet and peaceful surroundings, close to nature with basic amenities, the Neem @ Banda Hilir with its rustic charm will appeal to you.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We were a group of youth from a church in KL who spend our 4 days 3 nights Church Camp at the Neem. We took hold of all the 4 chalets available and added a few beds to accommodate this 23 people camp. The groups were especially amazed by the sincerity of the staffs there who willingly helped us as much as possible. Great environment and location as we were just about 20 mins walk away from Jonker Street. The swimming pool was just a few feet away from each chalet and the youths enjoyed a game in the pool. Food was also excellent most times and we were also treated to a BBQ chicken for one dinner. Overall, it was a great experience living in the Neem, and we will definitely come back again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Recently, our church youth group were all looking for a venue to hold their annual youth camp. We stumbled upon The Neem by accident when we met up with some friends and heard of the excellent service and serene surroundings.

True to the word getting around, the place was a perfect getaway for our church youth group. The pool just a step away from their chalets became an avenue of coolness when they could just go for a dip into the pool to relieve themselves from the heat. We even came up with our own version of the 'Captain ball' game in the pool which each of us enjoyed so very much!

The chalets were perfectly managed for our group of 23 consisting of 20 youths and 3 adults. The rooms were so uniquely designed that just by stepping into the chalets, it already brought so much relieve to the youths from the tensions and bustle of their every day school life in school. We were also provided with a simple meeting chalet fitted with our last minute requests of a projector and chairs. It was so cosy to be in the meeting room which was so uniquely designed for our youth camp meeting place. The meeting room was also fitted with wifi for our easy use to surf the net.

The food were if there can be a word to it, were exceedingly fantabulous! (fantastic+fabulous). Indeed, it is once in a life time to be able to dine in 5 star quality food in such a serene environment covered by the green sceneries all around the compound of the Neem. We thoroughly enjoyed every meal that was served unto us. Every morning, when the youths did their devotions, they could just sit on the ground and reflect on the wonders of the LORD's creation just by looking all around the surroundings of the Neem.

The service of the staffs were also top notch! There were so many last minute requests that were made but still the staff handled it exceedingly well! We would surely love to congratulate Aunty Janet, Aunty Agnes and her daughter who managed the chalets and its surroundings very very well. You all made our stay surely so so so so so so very comfortable.

We invited a group of Malaccan youths over for one of our activities over our 4 days 3 nights camp and the Malaccans were also surprised that there ever existed such a place like Neem with its serenity and exceedingly incredible service.

The Neem was also just a few steps away from the famous A Famosa, the Jonker Street and the Dahtaran Pahlawan. It was just so easy for us to make our ways to this very places.

Indeed, I will surely recommend this place with all my heart to all those, whether it be youth, or office colleagues, or any kind of group activities stay, as the place can surely be an eye opener by the high level of service provided and close proximity to the various famous places around Melaka.

For those seeking out a romantic getaway, I'll also strongly recommend as just by sitting below a Neem tree and holding your wife/ beloved's hands whilst sipping the delicious coffee served, you may just lose your mind in time.

A truly strongly recommended place this is!

- A very captivated young man-

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellently placed and uniquely designed so in honestly, all the rooms are highly recommended. The only deciding factor could only be the size of the group who is staying, i.e, a bigger group necessitates a bigger room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Love the place very much. The first time I went there was with my family, this is my second time here with my boyfriend. I personally think that this place is perfect for couples. My boyfriend and I spend our afternoon at the resort, away from the very hot sun. The resort have a lovely 24/7 swimming pool a few steps away from our chalet and a 24/7 trampoline beside the pool. The chalet is nicely decorated in a simple way while giving off a homey feeling to it. The resort gives really friendly services.

Upon arrival, we took a cool bath and nap till tea time which was prepared by the resort, serving foods of Melacca. Thank you for preparing the meal for us. The place is clean and refreshing, if you ignore the mosquitoes. Oh! And there's wifi. I love the way the resort is located at 50 miles radius from...everything. After tea time, we went shopping at a nearby mall, about 10 minutes walk away from the resort (escaping the hot sun). Took a dip in the pool in the evening then we were off to Jonker Street, 15 to 20 mins walk from the resort, after a bath around late evening. Jonker Street is a famous night market in Melacca, filled with crowds of people, a variety of traditional foods of Melacca, street performances and other various stuff which are sold such as hair accessories and garments, medicines and gadgets. I love the "Chicken Rice Ball", a must to try when you're at Melacca. Everything at Jonker Street is affordable, considerably cheap for my boyfriend and I.

There are a lot of museums in Melacca which are stone throws away from the resorts. I would have liked it better if there is a water boiler in the room, so that I could make a warm drink for myself before sleep. A simple breakfast is prepared the next morning. It's very relaxing having it beside the pool if you wake up early to have breakfast, because it starts getting warmer at 10 a.m.

Room Tip: Take the chalet called Cocos.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kei116
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Having lived in the capital city Kuala Lumpur for all my life, the change in surroundings from the hustle and bustle of city life to the green sceneries and serenity of The Neem was extremely pleasant. Though Malacca has undergone rapid urbanisation over the past decade or so, The Neem reminded me of how the city used to be like when I was younger when life was simpler and more relaxing. It was pleasant to be able to feel that way again, thanks to The Neem.

The place had everything - a swimming pool, a dinning hall and awesome rooms. I loved how the bath room was constructed, the materials used and combining traditional methods of bathing with new ones like shower.

However, the greatest compliment I can pay to The Neem would be the excellent services provided. Good service is always expected of anyone or management but the people there were so friendly and were ever so willing to provide any assistance if required. I was and still am so grateful for their wonderful treatment and services for they gave me that 'homey' feeling and it felt very, very good.

I will certainly never hesitate to recommend them to any of my friends in search of a holiday destination or a place to chill or relax.

Room Tip: Take the Kemboja room or the room right next to the main building. It's nice, cosy and really spacious. Then again, every room at The Neem is like that.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends