“Horrible!”

Hang Tuah World Heritage Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Melaka
Hang Tuah World Heritage Hotel
Ranked #140 of 166 Hotels in Melaka
Puchong, Selangor, Malaysia
“Horrible!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I am not a very particular type of person. I just need a clean place to sleep, shower.

The moment I stepped in the lobby, there was already an unpleasant smell. I thought it was due to wet weather, hence carpet were dam...Anyway, our room 415, the door was unable to lock. The toilet pipe had issue. The toilet was small. The room is big, but not nice. The whole ambience for the hotel, room, etc are all horrible. I paid RM140 for 1 night without breakfast. I bet I could get a better room if I get those hotel along those shoplot boutique style...I don't mind small room, but the ambience is important. This is really a horrible hotel. Please avoid!

Worst still was, I checked in at 4pm +. They told me the towel for all rooms are not ready! I waited till 8pm, still no towel brought in!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank LindaTay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Very basic but everything is old and there are no extra facilities. Can be a bit pricey. Room is very spacious. Room service is very responsive. Water in the toilet leaks. The rest is just alright. Nothing to shout about. Good for those who just want to stay for the night.

• Stayed December 2012
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I chose this hotel as other hotels that i had wish to stay in were fully book.
I have to say that previous reviews written about this hotel were exactly true. The deluxe room i stayed in had a very bad smell. Air con wasnt cold. I was perspiring profusely inside my room..The bedsheets were obviously not changed or cleaned because i could smell someone 's body odour still lingered on the bedsheet and on the pillows as well. The towels smelled terrible. The bathroom after used was always flooded . The tap was broken. The walls and floor were very dirty.I had to wear slippers inside the bathroom to avoid stepping on flooded waters . Im telling you guys do avoid this hotel if you a need a clean place to rest.

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank farahjames
singapore
Reviewed November 5, 2012

When It was still in the building we saw it, thus thinking that it may be a good choice for a brand new hotel, we attempted to try it.

We were impressed by the Lobby, and that was as far as it goes. Following which was a disappionting expresience.

We checked into a room, which was rather badly finished, or should I say 20 % unfinished room. The air-conditioning was not functioning properly, then there is a door left unlocked tht led to a parapet where the aircon unit was placed. Easily access to inquisitive guests trying to make a free fall exit to the ground floor,

The bathroom had still quite a number of unplugged holes, wondering what for on the walls and basin. It is big, but wonder why slippery tiles are used. Probably wanting to claim more accident insurance, o finance the completion of the building? Hmmm.... I wonder?

The breakfast spread at the ground floor coffe house, was good with extra added protiens from fruit flies. So watch carfully, and ask for fresh serving of what you see, examine well before comsumtion.

Having said all that is interesting, I would really like to compliment the staff, for being very friendly and helpful. The only thing is that, we almost demanded for a refund, but alas we are still gracious but at the cost we were paying, we could definetly go for a better hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank jefsh_tay

Travelers are raving about these Melaka hotels

Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Although it says that it opened early of jan 2012 but when I stay in the hotel it was so run down that I'm gonna cry... The indoor parking is damn scary with no light at all and the bed is a bit old in the age as when you sleep in top of it and turn around, it'll make all sort of noises

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Lunze
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed June 10, 2012

They are totally failed (I can't find a single aspect that their performance is even acceptable level). Don't waste your money to stay there. Some budget hotels are doing better than this so called "3-Star Hotel). I won't stay this hotel (with this kind of service standard) anymore even it is free.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sai Keong C
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Totally unsatisfactory. Washroom flooded all the time. Stained bath and walls. Lousy food. Tv reception not clear. Smelly lift and carpets.

• Stayed June 2012