A'Famosa Resort Hotel Melaka
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Alor Gajah(Alor Gajah)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 20, 2013

booked n stayed 2 nites, No breakfast. Room was very basic! but was clean, juz wish they reno the toilets! our heater gave us problem on day we arrive, the gal cam n fix it! we were unhappy as our car had 2 clear dents on the bonnet!! no security!!! Not coming back!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank flowertalks
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Our family of 3 adults and 3 kids booked a 2 bed 2 bath apartment in the condo-hotel. Toilets didn't flush well in the 1st apartment we stayed in. . So we switched to a 4 bedroom 2 bathroom villa with private pool. Having stayed in villas in Bali and Phuket, we were looking forward to this villa but boy, were we disappointed.

The villa was really just a basic bungalow house with a pool. Pool water was murky and had insects on it. Grounds/garden hadn't been cleared of litter from previous guests. There were empty water bottles and cigarette butts on the grass. In the house - toilets and air con worked but there was only one air con remote control to be shared between 4 bedrooms and the living room. Didn't make sense

Location - about 30 mins drive into Malacca town. Resort itself has restaurants which are alright. Driving outside the resort you'll find food stalls but beware the flies! In fact flies were everywhere - in our rooms and in the resort too. We stayed 2 nights and were happy to leave. Not worth the MYR700 per night we paid. Will be writing to management about our stay.

Only good thing to say was resort staff were helpful and prompt in their service.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank ClaudineM01
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Been here for a one night stay. We booked 1 4-bedroom villa for a family retreat. The villa was clean, simple and basic furnitures as well as air-conditioned. The private pool was well maintained. We had a good time.

We were there on a holiday weekend, so encountered some traffic jams along the way up to the resort.

Like:
Villa with 4 rooms (Total 8 King size beds)
2 Toilets.
Private swimming pool
Free Parking. (Up to 5 cars)
24 hour Security on duty.
Air condition for all rooms and living room.
2 units hairdryer.
Towels provided

Disadvantages:
No Barbeque allowed. Was dissapointed as we came all the way with all our food.
Empty mini bar
No microwave
No utensils provided.
Mouldy toilet.
Terible springless bed.
No hot shower
Street lights not working, avoid travel at night. There are at least 100 street lights in the resort, only 20% are working. There rest are without light bulbs.

Overall:
Very disappointed
Not worth the money I paid for.
So, if you are someone who has been used to 4-star standards and cannot accept anything below that... this is not the place for you.

Room Tip: Choose the apartment instead of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank LiangZai
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We check in their Resort Hotel during school holiday for 2 nights. consider expensive. Fast check in at 3pm. thought was supposed to be 4pm. surprised that it didnt comes with breakfast.

It's a Superior Queen room. With 2 queen size bed. We are family with 2 young children, so there ample sleeping space! Our room faced the club house which is the greenry. Nice view, fresh air. Balcony is big cos my room was a corner.

Everything is rather clean. Wasn't as bad as what other reviewer mentioned!
Parking lot is open, seems safer than underground type.
Guess the hotel had renovated few years back! If I go visit A'farmosa again, I will stay at their resort hotel again!

*There's few complaint for me, the fire alarm just outside my room went off at 6am the first night! Took about 10mins to stop! Really frustrating!
Food very expensive! I was prepared, so I brought a lot of own food!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I have been here when I was a kid. it is seem their style never changed. I find out that the zoo become desolate and it is NOT well maintained. very pathetic.

I came here with my family. all of us have been here before. we stayed at the Condotel VILLA.family suite.
I purchased a voucher/packet from NATAS fair in Singapore, the reason why i want to again it is because I want to see whether there is any changes, but sadly to find out that it is not improving yet become worsen.

We stay in a villa which is quite old, and the swimming pool is only located at the main building tower.

anyway, my parents love the buffet food..we eat until bloated. all included. hahah..

I went to the water safari..i didnt enjoy it so much because I am alone and not so much interesting for me, those slope some are too high. it makes my heart pumping very fast..LOL..dare not to try.

for the cowboy show, the scenario, equipment everything not changing. fiuh...

Think twice before going afamosa if you have been there before because you will find it the same as 10 or even 15 years ago if you ever visited it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family