“Great Holiday!”

A'Famosa Resort Hotel Melaka
Ranked #114 of 168 Hotels in Melaka
Reviewed May 5, 2011

I booked a honeymooners villa suite at A Famosa on 29 april 2011. I've been read about the review here with all the negative review that really scared me & almost spoilt my excitement. Then on Friay 29 I went there with my family all the way from KL..guess what? It's a superb holiday. from check in to check out everything were done nicely and most important..with respect. really enjoyed our stay there so much. Quite & green surrounding plus private pool & jacuzi were very nice & my kid love it. we went to comboy town & safari world..it ok la as long my kid enjoyed it. The only things that annoying me is fees to safari world is quite expensive and lunch should be optional for guess who need it. My advise for those plan to come here, you better have yr own transport becoz one place to another is quite far away...and bring yr own food here..don't expext a five star treatment as its not! come back again?? yes I will..Thanks A famosa for making my daughter 2nd birthday anniversary a memorable one...

3  Thank fiqr
Afamosa, Manager at A'Famosa Resort Hotel Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2011

Thank you for choosing A'Famosa Resort.

We are glad that you & family have enjoyed your stay in our Villa Suite, the shows & facilities of our Animal World Safari and Cowboy Town Carnival

We thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcome you to A'Famosa Resort in the near future.

Reviewed May 3, 2011

I booked a unit of Honeymoon Suite Lot 1321 and a 3 Bedroom villa Lot 1322 with my family over the weekend. We were very disappointed with the pool and jacuzzi. There were flies lying on top of the water. The water was so contaminated which we could hardly see the ground of the pool. There was no towels or toothbrush provided! The toilet and bedsheet were so dirty and so was the living room. The villa was stink with cigarette smell! The water heater was not working and the water was small.

We went to Cowboy Town and it wasn't worth the money. We had our dinner at Kopitiam and the food was bad. It was not freshly cooked. Served in those catering tray.
We went to Safari Water World. It showed special price for certain pass. We presented the pass and they told us it is not applicable. And we need to pay for the parking fee and entrance fee.

The hotel's website indicates c/i time is either 1 or 3pm. But we were told that we could only c/i at 4pm. The hotel's currency exchange rate was displayed as of Feb 2011 and they could only sell us that rate.

I wouldn't recommend my friends/ relatives to go! We paid the price to have a private pool and we couldn't use it. We paid the price for comfortable stay, but we didn't get it.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank tweety1126

Dear Sir / Madam,

Referring to your feedback above, we would like to extend our sincerest apology for the inconvenienced caused on your last visit to A'Famosa Resort Melaka.

Your feedback had been forwarded to the respective department for the caution action to be taken. We nevertheless appreciate your feedback and we hope that our shortcoming would not place us in your permanent disfavor.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed April 30, 2011

We went to A'Famosa for a company trip which I hadn't looked forward to as we had such poor accommodation years agsounded idea sounded nice, bungalow with private pool but upon checking in you'd be flabbergasted at the run down condition of the bungalow!

well this time round we booked the low rise apartments at Condotel D'savoy. The low rise apartment appeared to be newly completed, with 2 bedrooms and modern furnishings n clean. We had a blast at the water park and animal safari, which offered bird shows, elephant show and multiple-animal show which kept the children interested. There was also a cowboy town well. It's a good place to spend a short weekend with young children, with only 1.5 hours from Kuala Lumpur.

The only complain was mediocre food, but the apartment had a kitchenette which made it convenient for us. Air was an enjoyable say for us. Just make sure you have the right ccomodation. We strongly recommend the low rise apartments.

Room Tip: Daddy's may enjoy the golf course too
1  Thank BabyUm

Thank you for choosing A'Famosa Resort.

We are glad that you and family enjoyed your stay in our D'Savoy 2-bedroom Apartment and the shows of our Animal World Safari, we hope that you also enjoyed the rest of the facilities here in the resort.

Reviewed April 30, 2011

Very Good resort with Zoo, Waterpark.. and one of the best Red Indian show..
We enjoyed a lot... starting from my niece of 3 years old to my father abt 60+.
For Vegetarians, Food choice is less if you are not in big group..but again we were lucky where there was a group of about 30 people from india and we managed to get indian vegetarian food!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank CoolTechie

Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing A'Famosa Resort.

We are glad that you & family enjoyed your visited to our Animal World Safari, Water World , Cowboy Town in our Resort, as well as the Vegitalian Food in our restaurant.

Thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcome you to A'Famosa Resort in the near future.

Reviewed April 28, 2011

something to share ALL THE PARENTS .... a place where u can ensure YOUR KITS are able to get away from the hussle and totally FREE from the POLUTED AIR .... we stayed in the villa 4 room with private swimming pool ...PRIVATE POOL ..tis is what my children crazy with ..early morning 7am , they with my husband already jumped into the pool .. oh...my god . they willing to sacrified their sleep and got to pool in the early morning ..
we went to safari world , track ride to the jungle , it's so exciting ..but the animal looks sleepy ..may be they just got their heavy lunch.. the animal show is wonderful eventhough i not really understand what the emcee is talking about ...and my kids like the bird show as the bird can sing birthday songs... .
at night, we went to cowboy town , we saw firework ....WOW...SO BEUTIFUL ...

Room Tip: VILLA WITH PRIVATE POOL .
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing A'Famosa Resort.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in our Villa with private pool and visit to Animal World Safari & Cowboy Town. we hope that you also enjoyed the rest of the facilities here in the resort.

Reviewed April 28, 2011

I just finnish visited Malaysia with my firend. I feel realy amazing trip in Malaysia. We are 4 person in group, package inclusive Penang, Kuala Lumpur and A'Famosa Resort Melaka. Malaysia realy a beautiful country, people here very friendly and helpfull. The memoramble for me and friend is stayed in Melaka A'Famosa Resort, this resort is huge full with greenery. We stayed in 2 rooms condominium, room was nice and clean, able to view the beautifull golf course too, night time it's so windy when standing outside balcony...Next day after breakfast, we took resort shuttle and visit water world, we all enjoyed the exciting slide game especially high speed and family raft tube. Evening enter to cowboy town park, night time the show called carnival is realy amazing and funds!before end of show there is beautifull firework! We also enjoyed the massage and bowling till mid night. This one night short trip stayed, make me and friend sooo tired and funs. I will come back again with my family. See you soon A'Famosa Resort! I will definatelly come back............

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank naveed_11

Thank you for choosing A'Famosa Resort.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our Condo D'Savoy and visit to Animal World Safari and Cowboy Town.

Reviewed April 22, 2011

This is my 1st time going to A'famosa Resort.. I booked my condotel by online.. Before i arrived there with my family, i can't imagine what kind of style the room that already booked.. But, after check-in with my family, we directly going to our room because already might night.. When i just open the door, my family member said, "wow, very beautiful and so clean.." They are so happy.. I know we get a great room from A'famosa resort.. And we sleep tight that night.. :) Thank you, D'Savoy Condotel..

2  Thank kellysianhui
Afamosa, Manager at A'Famosa Resort Hotel Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2011

Thank you for choosing A'Famosa Resort.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in our Condo D'Savoy, we hope that you also enjoyed the rest of the facilities here in the resort.