1,563 results
All reviews spa village ytl hotels lychee tea colonial style the river original mansion modern building open bathroom colonial feel jonker street four poster bed walking tour claw foot turn down service small pool kampung morten cold towels
Reviewed September 3, 2016 via mobile

There are many big and posh hotels all over the place. But I'd like mine quiet, comfortable and welcoming. The rooms are luxurious and comfortable. Excellent people runs the place and their service impeccable!

The usual tourist spots are a short walk away but it's always good to come back to the laze in the pool and the spa is excellent too!

Stayed: September 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank PeterTao
MajesticMalaccaM, Manager at The Majestic Malacca, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2016

Dear Mr Peter,

We are delighted and overwhelmed to know that The Majestic Malacca is always your preferred hotel in Melaka. We embraced our guest feedback as a platform to monitor our service and deliveries engagement and your feedback shared to our team was received with much cheers and applause. Thank you and we wish you many more happy holiday experiences on your travels.

Warm regards

Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

I'm still awake while writing this review. It's already 1 am, the noise from next room has been keeping me up! I can hear when they use the water tap, flush the toilet, and their conversation is almost audible! Can't believe the sound proofing can be SO BAD !

Stayed: September 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank Heng Fai W
Reviewed September 1, 2016

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. Even after reading all the great reviews we were impressed by this hotel service, cleanness, style, location. I did not even want to leave the room because it was so amazing. I will be back! Thank you for your hospitality!

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2016

My husband and I decided to stay at Majestic Malacca because our usual hotel (Casa Del Rio) was fully booked. After reading the previous reviews, I was convinced, it would live up to its 5-star status. Wow was I disappointed.

Service:-
While I have no complain about the men around the hotel, the women both at reception and at the morning breakfast area looked like they hated their job. To see this in the morning isn't exactly great.

The room:-
The room was very comfortable. However, the walls are quite thin, and when someone next door turns on the water to take a bath, you can hear it. There needs to be some serious cleaning done as well as we saw some stains in the bathroom. The bathtub is awesome with very strong pressure, so it fills up quickly. Note to parents though, there is no lock on the sliding door to the bathroom. The door handle was broken, making it quite difficult to open. We had to change our key card twice in two days....

The wifi:-
The wifi was horrid and it kept getting cut and was extremely slow. Doesn't YTL own Yes 4G as well? In any case, that was a big problem for us as we needed to book our next destination.

The food:-
The breakfast was average, no peranakan food (there was dim sum, but that's not really pernanakan?). On both mornings, my husband's eggs took almost 20 minutes, while other tables that came later got their food already.

The pool:-
The pool is quite clean, though small. You can order drinks from the bar inside and they will send it to the pool with some nuts.

Location:-
Location-wise isn't great. Fairly far to get to places if you don't have a car.

All in all, it was just an average place.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank celine_sernlin
Reviewed August 30, 2016 via mobile

This charming small hotel in the historic centre of Malacca (Melaka) offers a charming, friendly welcome. Our package of room, dinner and spa was an economical way of enjoying what the hotel offers. Spacious, elegantly furnished rooms, an inviting pool with glass-walled gym adjacent, cool and airy public spaces such as the library and sitting room all contribute to and atmosphere of luxury and comfort. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable, and all strive to make the guest feel comfortable and relaxed. We enjoyed the food in the restaurant and our nightcap in the small bar in the company of the affable batman, Bob.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank PadT
MajesticMalaccaM, Manager at The Majestic Malacca, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. We are delighted to know that your stay was pleasant and your feedback have been e-shared with our enthusiastic stars. Our sincere thanks to you for acknowledging the efforts of our team members and we look forward to welcoming you and your family home again. Warm regards.