Before I list out the plus points of this property of which there are many, let me list out the cons:
- The surroundings: it's wedged between a open drain, rundown shophouses, a large hospital and a parking lot
- a construction site covered most of the river view it's only later once you find your bearings around the place or when you check into the room do you realize that it's the river behind the large asbestos sheets cordoning the construction site.
- The large gravelly courtyard doesn't do any credit and by that time the wife was giving me the looks as to whether I have taken the right call
But once inside the story changes it is the stylish luxury boutique hotel that all the trip-advisor reviews promised it to be. The service was faultless the ambience was tasteful, the rooms are very thoughtfully done and the breakfast is excellent ( though a little limited). Wife loved the Spa and surprisingly it is a decently large property with 10 storey wing not apparent at first glance behind the heritage wing which houses the reception, common area, bar and the restaurant on the first floor
Then there is stuff about which I am neutral:
- It's one of those properties which are not put together keeping kids in mind, the room service menu was very a French-Asian hybrid fancy but no burger, Mac-cheese a 4 year old would relish
-the pool was the smallest possibly a hotel or even a house can have and that too starting from a depth of 4feet, again something the 4 year old couldn't really enjoy given the whether was suitably hot and there was nothing else for him to do when hanging around with me while mom was in the Spa
-the walk to the heritage city is longish, 5 minutes longer than what would be termed as comfortable and thru a busy chaotic road and its usually pretty hot during the day. Also far enough for the rickshaw drivers to either try and fleece you in the first attempt and then after the bargaining is over to think that whether they really want to work hard and go that far
But overall the hotel experience was great, lead by the exceptional service given the options in Melaka if I go again would probably choose again...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the spirit of Malacca’s commercial History, The Majestic Malacca provides an ideal location for productive retreats. Conveniently located in the heart of a UNESCO World Heritage site and only a short drive from Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. The rich culture and history of the city inspires intimate brainstorms and business meetings in this 54-room boutique hotel. Creativity and innovation and enhanced on the quiet luxurious conference centre ensuring efficiency, performance, and optimal outcomes as each event is supported by modern communications and executed to perfection in any one of the hotel’s three versatile function rooms by knowledgeable and efficient staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your The Majestic Malacca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Majestic Hotel Melaka