“Pre wedding photo at Melaka”
Review of Hotel Puri

Hotel Puri
Ranked #11 of 169 Hotels in Melaka
Reviewed December 19, 2010

We choose this hotel for our pre wedding photos and it is a beautiful heritage hotel with peranakan mansion interior that really make a perfect place for photos at Melaka.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,257)

Reviewed December 9, 2010

We stayed for a couple of days at Hotel Puri in November 2010 - it's location is very convenient, the street is beautiful.

The common areas of the hotel are simply WONDERFUL - there is plenty of greenery, a small museum, great terrace cafes. You feel like outside a city.

Rooms are very basic but fine. If you are not going to stay indoor the whole day - it won't be a problem for you... Reception guys are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 6, 2010

I love the hotel. The price is very comfortable for two college students. I love the Peranakan exterior and interior. The hotel service is impeccable too.

The rooms were clean and comfortable. The location is central to all the important sights in Malacca.

One thing I didn't like was that the wireless was down and wasn't fixed.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Thank Katharine Kit Y... H
Reviewed November 26, 2010

You are wonderfully immersed in Peranakan, Straits Chinese history here. But there is not a whiff of stuffiness. Built in 1822, this place in the heart of Malacca's town, has been sensitively restored and modernised to become a treasured haven of peace and tranquillity in the midst of a busy quarter. Lush, tropical gardens breathe nature into the 100 metre long property. Very reasonably priced (buffet breakfast included), rooms are clean, roomy and have bathrooms with good showers, tv that works and there's an internet room with modest charge. It is surrounded by lots of shops and eateries. You cannot do better. My family has stayed in several other hotels in Malacca and keep returning.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank sunbeam01
Reviewed November 15, 2010

Unfortunately for me, my friends and I only went to Hotel Puri to look around and had already booked elsewhere. We wish we had stayed here. This Hotel had to be seen to be believed. The quaintness of the place, the staff and the beauty of this Hotel was truly memorable. The position of the hotel is in the thick of the main hub and walking distance to everything. We enquired re the price etc and we thought it was a bargain as to what was on offer elsewhere. Next time I head to K.L I will be making the trip back to Melaka to visit this Hotel especially. So I can only recommend what I saw on the little time spent inside the hotel, even if we never had the opportunity to stay here!! It looks like a 5 star property and I'm sure the staff make sure every guest is looked after in 5 star style!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Angie011
Reviewed November 14, 2010

Puri Hotel is set in one of the finest buildings in Melaka, opening onto a gorgeous courtyard garden. My boyfriend and I stayed there over a year ago; as budget travellers, Puri Hotel is not the one we'd normally include in our budget accomodation list but for one night (that's what you need to spend in Melaka), we decided to give it a go and enjoyed its charmful and romantic settings. If you have a bit of extra money go there. Rooms are big and elegant, common areas and the garden will leave you speechless. Staff is so-so, professional but unfortunately not really smiling. However, this does not effected our perfect stay. Included breakfast was really filling and delicious. Definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cristina F
Reviewed November 12, 2010

My husband picked this hotel based on the name only so we were a little unsure of what to expect and I must say we were pleasantly surprised. From the moment you enter the building its a like another world. The lobby is beautiful and smells divine, the grounds are green and peaceful and there are all little places to explore - all up a wonderful experience. By Malaysian standards, yes the rooms are pricey but once convert to Australian dollars its really quite reasonable. We stayed in the deluxe room and since arriving home and seeing other travellers photos of the standard rooms I highly recommend paying that bit extra for a deluxe. Much more space, a nice view of the garden, furniture with character.
You have to remember the building is old so it isn't perfect but that's what the charm of the place is. No lifts so if you want a lift don't stay here.. The rooms are on the dark side but remember that's to keep it cool.
Breakfast was nice, lots to choose from but I think the best part of brekkie was sitting out in the courtyard.
Jo, one of the staff there was very helpful and suggested places to see and the like. It was lovely to chat with someone so proud of the town they live and place they work.
All up I loved Melaka and would recommend it to anyone who asked. There's hidden gems everywhere in the town, you just have to look hard enough! Honestly I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple