Hotel Puri
  • Restaurant
Heeren Inn(Melaka)
  • Free Internet
1,287 results
All reviewshistory roomsmall museummini museumjonker streetquad roomhistoric hotelinner courtyardstandard roomperanakan houseno liftwithin walking distanceperanakan stylethird floornight marketjunior suiteantique furniturebreakfast is served
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Situated in the old part of the city, near Jonker Street.
Lovely hotel, clean rooms and very good breakfast buffet.
Staff very helpful. Free parking with valet service.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheoChristel
Reviewed May 10, 2011

We stayed with our family (2 adults 2 children of 4 and 1 year old) in this beautiful decorated hotel.

It was quite still in the hotel, the staff was helpful and also arranged a birthdaycake for my wife.

The staff provided good tops on what to see and eat, so I think it's great.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed May 1, 2011

The hotel is in a very central part of the historical old Chinatown area however the room
was very average with a noisy airconditioner which kept us awake at night. It was reported but nothing was done. The hotel has no lift despite being 3 stories high & there is only aircon in reception & hotel rooms. The wardrobe was useless, as it only had a few hooks around the edges which couldn't take coathangers & no drawer space. The windows in the room all have attached shutters so they cannot be opened to let natural light into the room. Felt like we were living in a box. The breakfasts are very ordinary & boring we were there 6 days & there was no variation. Our room was not serviced until late afternoon each day. A request for an early morning wakeup call & taxi booked on the morning of departure was not done.
On a positive note the Hotel is very historical & has beautiful reception rooms & gardens. It's rated 4Star but on the condition of the room & breakfasts I would say 2-3star.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dollybyrd
Reviewed April 30, 2011

Great location: the hotel is close to Jonkers St. and other tourist attractions but less the traffic and noise. The building housing the hotel is beautifully restored.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 28, 2011

I made reservations at the hotel based on a friend's recommendation but had reservations as I am a light sleeper and worried about how "soundproof" the rooms were. As it turned out, I need not have worried; the room (think we had the deluxe) was clean, the bed comfortable, and the environment quiet!

To top it all, I had the pleasure of meeting May, one of the hotel staff who was extremely helpful. When we arrived, I heard that trains and buses out of Malacca were full for the date I wanted (as it was a long weekend). Needless to say, I was worried but May very calmly and efficiently connected me to the train and bus companies. Eventually I got my transport. Not only was she kind, she was also patient, pointing out how to get around, how to go about things, all the time wearing a smile. My only regret about the hotel is that when I checked out, May was not on duty for me to say goodbye.

Another plus point about the hotel are the courtyards. We took our breakfast in the inner courtyard, and we had a choice of sitting under trees or facing a small pond. There is nothing more agreeable than starting the day with birdsong, hearing the gurgling of the pond, and tucking into continental and Asian breakfast.

In addition, Hotel Puri is 5minutes away from either end of Jonkers Street . Really could not ask for a more centralised location, and away from the main hassle and bustle too.

I would definitely stay in Hotel Puri again!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends