“Awesome staffs..and Superb Room”

Hotel Equatorial Melaka
Ranked #13 of 166 Hotels in Melaka
“Awesome staffs..and Superb Room”
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the deluxe room for 2 nights on 20th and 21st. Only setback throughout the stay was a slight pungent smell whenever we went to our floor,11th. Old room.
But.... The staffs and the room were amazing. Your front desk officers were apt,ever ready with a smile and had good information with them whenever asked.
I ordered a very late late late room service, and the waiter who brought the food was smiling in wee hours!! (Mr.Shafiq)
Both my wife and I had a late lunch in the Rest House and we were served by a diligent and courteous waiter, despite fasting who was energetic and seemed to love his work! (Mr.Ezri). Will definitely come back here.
Thank you for a wonderful stay.
Balan & Puvana.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Poobalan S
Hotel_Equatorial_Mel, General Manager at Hotel Equatorial Melaka, responded to this review, July 22, 2014

Thank you for your kind review.

It is certainly gratifying to hear your compliments of our staffs. I have conveyed your compliments to them and they are all thrilled to learn that their efforts are appreciated. Rest assured, we will always make every effort to provide the best level of service to all our guests as well as to improve on our shortcomings.

Once again, my sincere appreciation for taking the time to post your review and I look forward to welcome you back to Hotel Equatorial Melaka.

Adrian Chung

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Hotel upgraded my booking of Deluxe to Premier Room. The Premier rooms is spacious which has a cosy sofa next to the window.

I was given a pre-check in form to fill and email back to Hotel for prompt check in on arrival which is a good way as it saves my check in time.

Hotel is near to many shopping malls and eateries.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind review.

I am very pleased that you had an enjoyable stay. Rest assured, every effort will always be made to provide the best level of service and product to all our guests.

We look forward to welcome you back to Hotel Equatorial Melaka.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I am sure like many before us, the choice of a hotel is based on its location, The location of this hotel is close to Jonker Street. As we had a child, this place also seemed ideal as it has a large pool.As I found out, there is much more to consider!!

The staff were incompetent from checking in to confirming our flights. (even when we had upgraded!) How unfriendly and unhelpful can staff be!! The only saving grace here was the guys who helped arrange a taxi for us.

It gets worse, the rooms were suffocating from old stale smoke and a musty smell. We purchased some sort of fragrance and as we were placing it in front of the a/c vent to reduce the unbearable odour, we noted thick black layer of grime on the vents. Not great for our breathing and health.
The carpet in our upgraded room was stained and you wonder what else resided in the carpet.

You think, it cant get worse but wait until you want to attempt a swim. Green Algae on the sides of the pool and the pool is dangerous with many unmarked steps.

I was looking for one positive and hoping for a great buffet breakfast. Alas, even greater dissappointment. Fruit choice was appalling and the quality of the food is appalling.

This place must be a health concern!

We have travelled one of the poorest countries in SE asia (Cambodia) and the hotels we stayed at had wonderful service, food and hyigiene. To arrive in Malaysia in this hotel was a sad end to our otherwise wonderful journey.

I have read up a bit more about the Equatorial and I understand they are doing a rebuild of the hotel in KL and maybe they are letting this hotel go to ruin and putting all there funds in the new build.

I am no high brow traveller and you can see my other reviews. I write this to warn you.
BE WARNED!!!.

Room Tip: Dont choose a room , dont stay here
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hotel_Equatorial_Mel, General Manager at Hotel Equatorial Melaka, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review.

I have taken a serious view on all your feedback and addressed them with all my colleagues responsible in their respective areas for immediate corrective actions and improvements. Rest assured, every effort will be made to improve where we have fallen short.

Once again, my sincere appreciation for taking the time to post your review which is certainly helpful for us to improve further and I look forward to welcome you back.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 14, 2014

took a travel package with a service provider and the coach brought us to equatorial hotel. It is located right beside the shopping mall and was walking distance to the ever famous Jonker Street.
We didn't try the breakfast so I have no comments on that. But it was so popular with the guests that it may seem quite noisy with all the crowd there and the lift was always working extra hard that we had to wait for quite a while to go in.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank zsiti
Hotel_Equatorial_Mel, General Manager at Hotel Equatorial Melaka, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review and we are very pleased that your stay has been pleasant. Rest assured, we will continue to strive to provide the best level of service.

We look forward to welcome you back again to Hotel Equatorial Melaka.

Newcastle
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights in July in a Premier Room. Found the room spacious with good beds, but some black hairs in the bathroom, but room was serviced very well with replacements of water toiletries etc. Has good facilities, pool is great. Staff are very courteous and efficient. None of our requests was too much of a problem. Well located within 10 min walk to Stadhuis etc. 3 x Shopping Centres are within 2 blocks. Good eateries outside in side streets. Breakfast was a good selection of local and western, but no pork. Would recommend to anyone wanting a few days in Melaka and would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hotel_Equatorial_Mel, General Manager at Hotel Equatorial Melaka, responded to this review, July 14, 2014

Thank you for your kind review.

I am pleased that you had an enjoyable time with us during your recent visit. Melaka is certainly an interesting city to visit with plenty of historical sites to see, to shop and to eat.

It is certainly gratifying to hear your compliments of our staff and buffet spreads. I have conveyed your compliments to the staffs and they are all trilled to learn that their efforts are appreciated. Rest assured, we will always make every effort to provide the best level of service to all our guests as well as to improve on our shortcomings.

Singapore
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is definitely not 5 stars luxurious, but I already knew before arriving. Having said that, the Club Room which I booked was comfortable, the bed was good, and I liked the larger than usual room size and large toilet. Location is good such that I don't need to drive as much compared to when staying at Holiday Inn. Staff were polite and service was fast enough. Breakfast is normal, nothing fantastic but good enough. Overall for the price that I paid, I thought it was very good value.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travalor
Hotel_Equatorial_Mel, General Manager at Hotel Equatorial Melaka, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am pleased that you had an enjoyable time with us during your recent visit and I truly appreciate your compliments on our staffs. I will certainly share your kind words with all of them.

Once again, my sincere appreciations for taking the time to post your kind review and I look forward to welcome you back to Hotel Equatorial Melaka.

Jurong, Singapore
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Nice hotel. I was there during the World Cup and could catch games at their alfresco bar with a big screen. Rooms are nice and spacious and not much to complain about. Location is great too as it's right next to the shopping mall and street with eateries, within 10-15mins walk of Jonker St too. Breakfast served at the hotel is great too. Only complaint is that the hotel is a stand-alone building so it can become a hassle to go out if it rains.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hotel_Equatorial_Mel, General Manager at Hotel Equatorial Melaka, responded to this review, July 9, 2014

Thank you for your kind review.

I am pleased that you had an enjoyable time with us during your recent visit. Melaka certainly is an interesting city to visit with plenty of historical sites and eateries.

Once again, thank you for your kind review and we look forward to welcome you back to Hotel Equatorial Melaka

Kind regards,