Hotel Equatorial Melaka
$53
$42
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $50/night.

$61
$57
$48
$145
$135
Casa del Rio Melaka(Melaka)
$176
$137
1,738 results
All reviewsclub roomequator clubpremier roomseri nyonyarest houseday bedjonker streetwithin walking distancenonya restaurantshopping mallswimming poolhigh floorcoffee househistorical sitesdataran pahlawanbaby cotconnecting rooms
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Booked this hotel online for a weekend retreat in Melaka and we certainly weren't disappointed.
Secure parking was efficient and free (Important because I had a borrowed luxury car). Check-in services were excellent. We were assigned a great room on a high floor overlooking the ocean. The pool and poolside service is excellent. It is only a short stroll to popular Jonkers Walk - where there are hundreds of restaurants, nightclubs and night markets but even better...

...was the hotel Lobby bar - Flo. The live band that was playing oin Saturday night was out of this world. The bar service was excellent and we stayed way later than we had originally planned. Mixing with Adam from the band after they finished was also great. He is one of the best Bon Jovi style singers I have heard. It was a shame that Eve had to leave early - she had an extraordinary vocal range and her songs and smile were a highlight of my trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with Ocean view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Hotel_Equatorial_Mel, General Manager at Hotel Equatorial Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review and I am most grateful that we are your preferred choice of stay in Malacca.

I am pleased that you had an enjoyable time with us. It certainly is pleasing to know the band was the highlight of your stay and I’ll ensure that I’ll pass on your compliments to them.

Once again, thank you for your kind review and we look forward to welcome you back to Hotel Equatorial Melaka.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

In October 2013, Six family members spent 3-days short trip to Malacca, Malaysia. We enjoyed our stay in Hotel Equatorial Melaka. The three Deluxe Rooms are spacious and clean, comfortable with nice room lighting, big king size bed and pilow. The bathroom and toilet are clean with necessary accessories. We enjoyed sitting and chatting beside hotel swimming pool. We discovered the hotel provide good gym, sauna facilities at level three, unfortunately we have not prepared to use it. Hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. There are many eating place along Jalan Melaka. Big shopping centers are near by. All within walking distance. We walked to historic places of interest just behind hotel and further down is famous Joker street together with my 88 years old mother! We will come again to enjoy food available here and the hotel.

Room Tip: Room facing swimming pool at high floor has good unobstruct view. Pay a litter more for Premier Room. Come with list of good food that available and the locations maps - u can get all information from Trip-Advisor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review.

I am pleased that you and your family had an enjoyable time with us during your recent visit . Melaka certainly is an interesting city to visit with plenty of historical sites to see.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is the fourth time I have stayed at The Equatorial since it opened in 1998. It never disappoints, it is clean spacious, each room or suite has its own individual character. The food is first class and excellent value. The pool is a delight and picks up the sun for the majority of the day. Melaka has grown so much, but there is still masses of the old charm and and I would recommend most highly this hotel.

Room Tip: i think you would be pleased with any room that fits your budget
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carol W

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review and I am most grateful that we have been your preferred choice of stay in Malacca. Rest assured we will always make every effort to provide the best level of services to all our guests.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

First the good: it's well located, being only a short walk from the historic centre and Chinatown, and next to two large malls, one of which has a good basement supermarket in Parksons, which is well handy for supplies, like cheap bottled water, crisps and other snacks. It also has a fantastic pool, which was quiet every time we used it, during the day or in the evening for a refreshing dip after a hot day visiting the sights in Melaka. The staff were really friendly and helpful, with check in/out a breeze too.
The room we had was a good size, clean and tidy but a bit tired. The breakfast buffet seemed a bit pricey, so we passed on that and got a basic cooked breakfast with drinks for two for 10 ringgit (total) which was fine.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank skogs1

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review review and we are very pleased that your stay has been pleasant.

My sincere appreciations for taking the time to provide us with your kind review. Please do visit us again soon.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel on a short visit,I really recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Melacca,the location is great for the old historic city,the staff are really friendly and helpful,the hotel is beautiful,the rooms are spacious,and comfortable with balcony,well decorated and really clean,beautiful modern bathrooms,food in the restaurant is wonderful,the buffet breakfast is more than you can eat,I cant find anything wrong with this hotel,its perfect, I would recommend this hotel to anyone.I hope I can stay there again soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dave-in-Bournemouth
Hotel_Equatorial_Mel, General Manager at Hotel Equatorial Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am pleased that you have had a helpful service and the room and facilities has met to your expectations. Rest assured we will always make every effort to provide the best level of services to all our guests. Do visit our website where we do offer numerous other promotions for our regular guests.