“Best + Big Room!”
Review of Everly Resort

Everly Resort
Ranked #142 of 167 Hotels in Melaka
Reviewed March 7, 2011

I've check in to this hotel on 06/03/2011 and check out on 07/03/2011. 1st thing in my mind when c/in here is i was afraid if this hotel is totaly bad like comments in this web, BUT..im was happy b'cause is totally different!...family n i was happy to be there even for just 1 nite. just has little bit prob when my refrigerator not function well,then i hav called operator to send maintenance to my room. within 5 mnts, the maintenance staff came to my room n settle it by bring the new one. Im also happy with the big2 pool and open till 10pm.the dulexe room also so nice and big which is so suitable to my family( 4adults + 3 chldren).with free hotsport wireless...what more can i said?This is best place to stay when i come again to melacca eventgh this place is far from town..

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Nurdila

Reviewed February 10, 2011

The room is nice in design yet bad maintenance. Toilet frush are spoil, no air-cond which wasting my time to wait their techinian come over. Stain are every wher inside their both toilet. Unhonesty staff who offer RM 20 as a deposit to rent a adapter yet only indicated RM 10 in their receipt. I was being inform that there are currently fully booked yet after their technitian inform reception that air cond can not be repair then they can change us to another room which at least better than previous!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelLover880101
Reviewed February 9, 2011

The hotel is far away from the town of Melaka. We found this frustrating and ended up having to get taxis into the cultural China town (10k away/ 30myr). There is nothing in the vicinity of the hotel, so unless you get a taxi you are reliant on the Everly resort which felt over priced and out-dated.
Great pool. good breakfast, free internet. very spacious room

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2010

I've been here last week. What i can say is this hotel is big & beautiful. I dun understand why there are too many negative comment about this hotel. When plan to stay here, i feel a bit worry when i read negative comment. But when i been there, i fell in love w the surrounding hotel. But i bit frust coz we cant use a squash court coz it s closed.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sitikus
Reviewed September 26, 2010

My 2nd attempt in Malacca and selected this resort which is not so near town. Easily located and is a short drive from Jonker Walk.
We were greeted with a polite and helpful staff at the reception. She was very prompt to assist us with checking of availability of golf flights.
The room is clean and good for stay. The common area is spacious and is great for a big family to gather for quality time. Not plasma tv, but is decent for entertainment.
I would think the bath room basics need some attention:
-The arm mounted hand shower has leakage from the shower hose
-The tub drain of the soaking bath tub needs to be fixed, the knob on the right to lift the stopper is not working fine
-Water flows from both the shower head and the outlet on the tub
Pretty disappointed that they do not have beach benches by the pool. There were chairs and tables but I didn't stay too long there as it was too noisy to do some reading or nap (in a sitting position). Though I was all geared with sun tanning lotion, swimming goggles & book, I went back to my room after 10 mins.
It would be a plus point to have the kids playing beach soccer on the beach nearby instead as half the time I am worrying about the ball hitting on me while I am reading.
Good for families and not so much for relaxing quiet time.
Cozy corner to unwind would be the cafe at the lobby. I ordered from the Artisan selection of Gryphon's Lemon Ginger tea. & what a pleasant surprise! It is packed in Singapore.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2010

My family (2 adults & 1 child) stayed here at room 1228 on 7 & 8 August 2010 and we paid a total of RM432.40 for the Deluxe Twin booked through the hotel's website.

We reached there around 4pm and was given a room upon check-in, the staffs at the reception area were friendly!

The living room was spacious, overlooking the sea at the balcony. The bedroom was ok, very simple, just nice for the 3 of us. The bathroom was spacious, shower at the bath tub with removable shower head plus the complimentary soaps & shampoo, etc.

The location is inconvenient if you do not drive. However parking is not a problem for those that drive. It used to have a very beautiful sea view while driving the stretch of road towards the city area but now is reclaimed land. What a waste!

The pool was quite ok and the beach nearby was quite dirty to swim in!

On the second day of our stay, we didn't have water for 1 hour since we woke up at 8.30am. However the staffs managed to rectify the problem, thank God!

Overall, my family will stay in the city area if we were to visit Melaka again!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2010

I don't exactly remember the year and month of our 1st stay in this hotel, may be way back 3 or 4 years ago where we have ASEAN meeting and sponsored by a Government Department in Malaysia. The room environment is just excellent, spacious and clean and I remember facing the sea. The conference hall is also very convenient and professional. I am planning for a personal visit to Melaka with family, may be next year and again in 2012. Overall, very good for family hotel.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business