“disappointed holiday”

Ranked #114 of 167 Hotels in Melaka
singapore
“disappointed holiday”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2009

bad experience stay at orlenda and sunflower 2 bedroom apartment and we pay $400 ringgit,reception staff by name STEVEN also attitude problem dealing with customer since he work front line.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
SG
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2009

This is the worse hotel I ever stayed during my trips.... It was a disaster and it ruined my entire trip. The toilet is choked, no heater, ants crawling in the kitchen, dirty towels, safe not working, and WORSE still no electricity. I first checked in around 1pm, the staff at the counter told me rudely NO check in till 2pm. I kindly told them I had a 3 yr old kid but they interupt me before I could finish...!!! A lady with short hair even stared at me rudely...!!! We checked in and found all the facilities were in bad condition. I paid for the higher catogory room- Premier room but the view was facing the noisy road below. I went down to the recep requsting for a change of room and told them about the room and i want to change my room to the sea view. The guy just told me, Oh sea view? It's the deluxe room cat and it's the lower category of rooms!!! Then I was shocked!!! Y am i paying for the higher cat room and yet get a [--] room? I told him then i want to change room, he gave me another room key and I went up to have a look.. It was the same condition and it was with a murky smell...! No choice, got to endure..... since it's just one night. However, when we returned to the hotel around 8pm, it was in a total darkness...!! Short circuit!! We were furious and stormed down to the recep again, the staff just told us 'Sorry'. We enquired about the time when the electricity can be restored, they just go ' I dont know', ' I cant do anything'. We were furious and we demanded a full refund and check out immediately...

1 Thank SGlady

Travelers are raving about these Melaka hotels

singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2009

I was there with my family over the weekend and my first impression was, "wow, its nice". However, upon checking into the rooms, i was disappointed with the facilities in the room. Everything in there looks old and the maintenance was pretty bad. As I'm quite particular about hotel bathrooms, i head straight in and was totally disgusted with the maintenance of the bathroom. The shower curtains were yellowish, windows not cleaned and the tap water was dirty! Plus the room had a stench which was quite a turn off when you first enter.

There was so much complains from my aunts that we eventually check out to move to another Renaissance Melaka, which is an awesome place to stay in.

All in all, it is definitely not a place to stay in if you are particular about cleanliness.

Utrecht, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2009

When entering the hotel, it looks promising, but the rooms are neglected. Rooms spacious but in bad condition (maintenance-wise) and outdated (furniture worn out and uncomfortable, old towels, etc). Bathrooms are of backpacker standard. Rooms were unclean and dusty, carpet stained. Beds were good though. Staff was friendly, but a bit slow (compared to other hotels). Breakfast buffet was excellent, snack / light lunch possibilities during the day very limited. Did not try dinner buffet. Swimming pool nice, but slides were closed and staff only talked to us when pointing out the swimming trunks of our baby boy passed his knees and therefore he was not allowed in the deep pool... Playroom for kids would only open if you would approach the activity center, but looked so poor and basic we did not even try. Although the hotel does provide certain 'family' facilities, it seems better equipped for business travellers.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Family-travellerNL
Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2009

We made reservations looking forward to a pleasant stay after looking at their website. What you get is a far cry from the photos you see on their website. The place is generally run-down and service is atrocious. On arrival at about 1p.m. we were told that we have to wait till 3pm to check in. So we wasted a good 2 hours waiting in the lobby like refugees before queuing up to check in. This took another half an hour at least. After getting the keys, we spend another hour rounding around the hotel because the reception staff gave us the wrong room type. When we finally got the correct room (a Deluxe 2 bedroom, fully air-con), it was a major let-down. 1) The furniture and drapes look like they have not been washed for a long, long time. 2) The longbath has yellowish stains and was cracked. The shower head holder was broken. Water for the shower came in trickles. The towels look worn out and there were no face or hand towels provided. 3) The TV was in a bad shape as it crackles loudly on and off. 4) One of the bedroom air-con was not working and we had to call for assistance. After a number of calls the technician turned up and cleaned the filthy filter, promising that the room will cool down in 15 minutes. This was not to be. We had to call up housekeeping to ask for a fan, which only came after numerous reminders. And mysteriously, the air-con came on freezing cold in the middle of the night!! 5) Given the condition of the tap water, no bottled mineral water was provided, as in other hotels. Good thing we always bring our own stock. 6) Calls to the reception to seek assistance were never answered. They just allow the phone to keep ringing. 7) The cups in the room were stained. When we went for breakfast the next morning, we noticed that the cups and crockery in the coffeehouse were stained and chipped. You have to go through the whole pile to find a relatively clean plate or cup. They have the cheek to call themselves a "4-star award winning International hotel". Probably our Hotel 81 can outdo them anytime.
To add, the location is not that fantastic as we had to dash across the highway to make our way to Mahkota Parade. There was no pedestrian crossing.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank wizzy099
Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2009

From my trip in June 09 to Malacca with my family, we thought the hotel was a 4 star ranked hotel which was a good hotel. It was beautiful from the outside but when we checked in, it was not...The 2 bedrom aprtment we stayed has a funny smell when we first went in, water heater in one of the bathroom was not working, bath curtains were old and yellowish, hotel floor was not clean(I wonder what the housekeeper is doing)the hotel does not seem to bother to refurbuish its rooms at all...Quite diappointing for the price that we paid RM285++. Service was also poor when we request for additional 2 laundry bags but they did not respond at all...

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2009

I stayed in the hotel for 3 days 2 nights with my family members, and I was quite satisfied with the hotel (or I am lucky to get a good apartment room). The hotel has a big and beautiful swimming pool, sport equipments, and just at the beach side. The location, very good.

Well, after viewing all the current reviews, I wonder how can the condition went down so dramatically in just few years time. Well, here, I just try to rate the hotel, according to my previous experience, and of course, I would think twice to recommend the hotel to my friends, now.

If you wish to read more about my Malacca trip, please visit:

• Stayed November 2006, traveled with family