“A 4 star with a 5 star feel!”

Hatten Hotel Melaka
Ranked #13 of 168 Hotels in Melaka
Reviewed February 15, 2014

As I arrived at the Hatten Hotel for the first time, I looked around and had to ask the staff if this was a 4 star or 5 star........4 I was told.....hmmm, looks fancy! My room was located on the 20th floor so had a nice view over the bay and was an excellent size, large entry and really decor, nice soft tones,combined with rich browns and bronze, bathroom again a good size, the room must have been one of the bigger and more well thought out rooms I have seen in Malaysia. After getting organized I set off for the pool and gym, that proved another good feature of the Hatten......as I was meeting to go out with friends and had a bit of time I set out to explore the local shops just by the hotel, which was very practical. My friends told me to meet on level 22 at the roof top bar and dining area, which was also the breakfast room, really nice and with a great view of the city.....
After a fun night out in the old city which is only a 10 min walk, I headed back to KL after a really nice little trip. The old town offers a great trip away from busy KL and the Hatten Hotel is perfect and excellent value for money, make sure you choose their business club style rooms, as the lounge is open all day and serves up a few nice treats........this was my first time, but for sure not my last time. Nice job!

Room Tip: Choose the Club part of the hotel, slightly bigger rooms, but also a good lounge and see if you can...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank JohnTGN
Write a ReviewReviews (2,474)

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 6 times and each time there is no complain that we have towards this hotel. The staff,swimming pool, the waiting lounge for vip or shall i say everyhting is excellent. Its near to the shopping complex and you wont be bored.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Shikin_Gia
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Stayed in the hotel in Feb 10th & 11th. Like the comfortable and nice room, very nice pool, good breakfast spread, good and prompt services by concierge and warm services by breakfast buffet waitresses and cooks (in Chatterz). Good location, near to Hatten Sq and Dataran Pahlawan and excellent views at Alto Sky Lounge on top floor. Will definitely come back again!

2  Thank Gracecmy
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

What I like:
* big, spacious rooms
* friendly service
* clean interior and room
* rooms are comfy
* close to a couple of shopping malls
* quite a good value for money
* I love the sky lounge

What I am not comfortable:
* dimly lit corridors (felt like I was in a horror movie :)). The rooms are quite well lit though.
* very strong smell in the public areas (however I got used to it after sitting there for around 10 mins :))

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank daniellok
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Not first time in Melaka .I stay at Rivera 5time / Mahkota Parade 4time & Equtorial hotel 5 or 6 time. First time with my son I'm Chinese new year 2014 & 2nd time with my family at Hatten .Thank you make my family & my self enjoy & wonderful stay with your hotel.I've been welcome by your reception staff Ms.Jane with her smiles and service .I request for connecting room but she explain about the room I take her advice for the view and also one Malay guy and Chinese girl..With my 3 night with your hotel Ive being welcome from 1st flr staff & 11th flr staff.Every morning the Malay lady at the restaurant entrance always greet with the smiles to every guest that made me & family enjoy with our breakfast .I can see how busy they're they still served with smiles.At 1st flr the bellstaff Malay big size body put his right arm at the chest and greet and smiles every morning that made my grand son question me , why he always do that , I explains to him that they do it with their heart and sincere to greet their guest.Totally I and my family enjoys with our stay thank you to your sraff.THING NEED TO IMPROVE. Bellstaff need to standby at checking counter and offer a help with the suitcases because I can see your driveway close and all guest came with the car they have to drive to carpark and with theirs suitcases.Hotel have 10 elevator to rooms flr and 2 elevator to carpark Staff need to standby at guest lift.I can see certain time very busy with group c/in and moreover from China they don't know how to operate to the guest floor I myself need to help them how to use the keycard to extivade to floor. Hotel also have to think for the kids corner . Overall I'm happy & enjoys.I will comeback and recorment to my freind & family Stay from 6 to 9 Feb 2014 # 1607/ 1607 .AzlaAziz

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank MsFedah S
Reviewed February 7, 2014

The staying at Hatten hotel Melaka for 2D1N with my family of 4 pax was a great experience. We chosen this hotel due to the good review from tripadvisor and its prime location. We booked thru WTS tour with a round trip coach inclusive.

After 3hr of coach traveling, the moment we touched down from our coach, we were greeted with bright smiles. As we arrived slightly past 12 noon, we checked whether we could have an early check in. The Check in officer was professional and friendly, allowing us to have an early check in with a touch of warmness that they had arranged a connecting room for us.

The hotel had a big lobby and same to the twin suit room that we were staying in. There were all the basic amenities and two TVs. The bed and pillow were just nice and we had a good night rest.

Hotel provided shuttle bus service (1 trip per hr) to Jonker Street. From Jonker street, it took us about 15-20min stroll back. It was also connected to two major shopping malls too.

It was indeed an great experience for us. I will recommend this hotel to all who are visiting Melacca.

4  Thank hapiecutiepig
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Stayed 1 night with tour. The location is great, easy access to shopping mall. Although it is 15/F, there was no view at all, just looking at opposite room. The room are well-equipped, with 2 television. Most need to improve is the lift, it was too slow and need to wait for a moment. Maybe too many rooms there, breakfast place is not large enough and opened Grand ballroom for breakfast. The food variety is not as much as the original one, the quality was quite good.