“New Hotel connected to Pahlawan Mall by the bridge”

Hatten Hotel Melaka
Ranked #12 of 166 Hotels in Melaka
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“New Hotel connected to Pahlawan Mall by the bridge”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

A new hotel with modern design, comfortable bed with 2 LCD tv and a sofa. Great location which is connected to Pahlawan Mall by the bridge at the 3rd floor and next to Mahkota Parade. The Lounge Sky dinning is awesome, newly open last october at the 22nd floor.

GOOD
- New, modern, clean, spacious and central located.
- Have 2 LCD Tv one infront of the bed another one at sofa area.
- Come with free WiFi and the connection quite fast.
- Variety type of breakfast.

BAD
- Long queue during check in and do not have proper signage for check in/out counter.
- The lobby so noisy and feels like at the wet market during peak season.
- Nightmares parking due to combine with the shopping mall.
- 8 lifts but only 2 goes to the carpark and it takes super-long for the lift to come.
- Breakfast to be in long queue which first experienced for me.

Overall it was a pleasant stay and would be back again next time but need to avoid weekends or school holiday.

Room Tip: Avoid weekend and school holiday.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kakamal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (561)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Had 2 Premier Rooms at 2128 and 2129 at an additional MYR58 per room for one night, as a friend said the hotel informed him there will be crowds over the long weekend. Lounge on 21st floor was nothing, only coffee, some fruit juice and biscuits, so don’t expect any executive lounge with freeflowing snacks or beverages. Check in on 12th floor at 3pm, but was only given one room and the other I was told to wait for them, but they did not call and I only got the room much later as we decided not to wait and went to grab some food. Turn out we saw long long queues at 3plus when most people were checking in at the lobby area and glad we paid MYR116 just to avoid queing up. Lifts were a disaster. It took very long time to get into a lift, its either very full or you had to be near one that opened as there were simply too many people waiting. The lifts don’t link directly to the carparks so it made the problem worse. The swimming pool was super overcrowded. Car park was also very full. View from 21st floor was fine. The complementary minibars for both rooms were empty and called 3 times but it was never delivered. The location was good, though with shelter and connects to Mahkota and Palawan. We tried the 22nd floor sky lounge and the mid way through the order, a heavy storm came and the place was like a post hurricane scene with everyone scurrying indoors. Some of our food were blown to the floor and it was absolutely wet when the rain came. The escargot with mushroom was cold and felt raw. The complimentary drink was just a fixed drink. Wifi in the room was good. The frustration was added by the perpetual traffic jam the 2 days. It was a very disappointing stay. The rooms looks and felt clean and nice though. Breakfast, is fine, nothing spectacular, but at least quite comfortable and food spread not too much but we are not fussy about breakfast. I guess, I will stay only for the price and when it is not on a crowded weekend (remember the lifts). By the way, their basic rooms are call suites.

Room Tip: Highest room floor is 21 but you need to pay RM58 for upgrade from Junior Suite (which is their norm...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank CalvinOng1982
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 5, 2013

it was on 1 november 2013.
after checked in the hotel, I decide go to the next door shoping centre Parkson-Mahkota shopping centre. about 7pm we decide go back to hotel for change and shower. soon we walked out the Parkson, it was raining and we decide walk tru the pedesterian bridge from Parkson to Hatten Hotel, as we walk up to the bridge, we saw two men pass by us, as we walk straight, we notice that 2 men turn back towards us, me and my wife quickly run down the stairs toward Hatten hotel, as we run down the stairs, we can hear that 2 men running down the stairs chasing after us,after runing down from the stairs, I can see the door is closed, I said to myself "finish" the door is closed, I used my full force to open the door, luckily the door was not locked, I open the door and running towards Hatten Hotel. it was very tense and nerveous, never again use the pedestrian bridge in Melaka, just cross the road,(may be illegal) but safe. Hatten Hotel should dismantle the door and have more light.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Francis T
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 1, 2013

First time in this hotel, we have a small suite room very nice, clean and comfortable. Breakfast is served in a big room (believe it is a banquet - layout not impressive but good thing they have a good spread of foods to choose from.

Hotel is connected to Makhota Shopping Centre, very convenient for shoppers and especially there are alots of food in the centre.

Our check-in was very slow due to heavy traffic of tourists arriving at the same time.

We did not use the swimming pool nor the fitness center.

I would recommend this hotel to people who are visiting Melaka.

Room Tip: Hotel is large hence many rooms are far away from elevators otherwise it is a very good hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chris2013Oct24
George Town, Malaysia
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Nice big rooms. Convenient location. That pretty much sums up the hotel.

If you are looking for a hotel within walking distance to attractions and shopping malls, look no further as this hotel is located in the heart of Melaka. Connected to the hotel is 2 shopping complexes (and 1 more being built at the time of writing) to satisfy all mall rats. A brisk 15 minutes walk will get you to the places of interest (A'Formosa, Stadhuys) and heritage enclave.

The hotel can get very busy during the weekend and waiting for the lift can be a real pain. There are 6-8 lifts and It took us nearly 10 minutes of waiting to get a lift back up to the room. Noise is a problem if you are a light sleeper. Corridor and neighbouring room noises could easily enter the room for some reason. I was woken up by what seems to be club music blasting at 2am in the night. Breakfast provided by the hotel is decent. But the lack of space in the main restaurant means that they could place you in one of the function rooms which seems a bit weird.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank cyMING
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at Hatten Hotel several time and each time we will feel a little disappointed. We continue to stay here as this is one of the newest hotel in Melaka. However, I feel that the management should review their operation processes. The hotel left us with the impression that the departments operate individually and do not have any coordination.

Some situations that we encountered throughout our 3 Days 2 Nights stay:

1 I have made prior special arrangement with the hotel to give my wife a surprise since it is her birthday and our wedding anniversary. The hotel agreed to provide us with complimentary cake to celebrate this special day. I was excited and looking forward to our stay.

On the day of our check-in, the staff informed that they do not have any knowledge of the arrangement and it was not indicated in the system. The receptionist promised to check for me. We checked in and waited for a while but I did not receive any update. Hence, I decide to bring my wife for lunch hoping the cake would be in the room. To my disappointment, the cake was still not in the room. I have to call the receptionist again but the call was diverted to the operator. The operator cited to me my particulars as indicated in their system. I asked her for the reason of citing the particulars and she answered in an unfriendly tone that it is for security purpose. I was not pleased with her tone and asked for her name. She refused to reveal to me. She unwilling revealed her name after I persisted. I then requested for the call to be transferred to the duty manager but the call was transferred to the receptionist and later back to the operator. Eventually, the phone was cut off. I have to call the receptionist again to request them to transfer me to the premier lounge. It was after much hassle, I managed to speak to the receptionist at premier lounge. When I enquired about the special arrangement, the receptionist again reiterate that she needs to check. As I was already very frustrated (because the matter was not settled 2 hours after I checked in), I told the receptionist that I do not need any special arrangement and hung up the phone. We left the room after that. When we returned about 2 hours later, we saw the cake and the room was beautifully decorated. My wife was indeed very surprised and happy.

We are thankful to the hotel for the special arrangement. However, we felt that the hotel could better handle the situation so that we won't get so frustrated.

2 We stayed in the premier room and we are entitled to daily mini bar facilities. On the 2nd day, we realised that our mini bar was not filled up. Hence, we called the receptionist and was informed that the housekeeper was on their way. We waited for about an hour but nobody turned up. We have to call the receptionist again and this time they informed that the mini bar belongs to another department.

As a guest, I don't think there is a need for us to know what each department is doing. We only know that they should be more prompt in their service. If they are not able to deliver it in time, they should not inform the guest that their request in on the way.

3 I queued about 10mins at the egg station. I requested for sunny side up however I was given omelette. I told the chef again that I wanted sunny side up however he insisted that the omelette is sunny side up. It was only after I reflected to the restaurant manager the chef cooked a sunny side up for me.

Overall, I am grateful that the hotel provided the complimentary special arrangement and the room is indeed comfortable. However, I urged the management to review their operation processes to ensure that every guests have a pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Caswy
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed October 27, 2013

there was queue during check-in but was our turn in no time... every things looks new... love the location the most... shops and place of interest are all walking distance... will definitely recommend it to family and friends...

Room Tip: try to get higher floor... we got the ones on the 15th floor with view of the sea... lovely... but t...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple