Good - the room was huge as we upgraded to a junior suite because the normal rooms were booked during the weekend we stayed in the hotel, plus only junior suite rooms have king beds.
- room is very clean with a very comfortable bed and comforter
- bathroom was modern and a good size
- TV had a lot of channels
- location is good. right beside 2 huge malls with a covered walkway. also very near to the tourist attractions such as georgetown and the famous church.
Bad - the lobby is reeking of toilet smell. like a public toilet i must say, not hotel toilet smell. and i found out that at the end of the lobby are the restrooms which don't have doors and Im guessing this was causing the smell throughout the lobby.
- the front desk officers seems tired or bored with their jobs. the front desk officer who assisted us had long dirty nails which were very inappropriate. although, in general, i noticed most hotels don't give much emphasis on appearance anymore of their front office staff unlike back in the day when front office staff had to look like flight attendants, or at least that standard.
- breakfast was a mess. i think they couldn't accommodate the crowd that weekend that they made the next door ballroom as a makeshift restaurant. food selection was bad and the food served in the main restaurant was different and had more choices compared to the makeshift restaurant in the ballroom. we found this out when we finished eating and walked into the restaurant beside the ballroom.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hatten Hotel is set against a picturesque vista of Melaka’s most famous historical landmarks, surrounded by the hustle and bustle of Melaka Raya; close to the city center with its cheerful nightlife, and mere minutes from the acclaimed UNESCO World Heritage site. With 704 deluxe suites ranging from 32 square meters to 98 square meters in size, Hatten Hotel offers you the utmost comfort, style and convenience. Now you can step out and discover the true essence of Melaka as Hatten Hotel is strategically located for your convenience. Discover history and excitement literally just footsteps away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hatten Hotel Melaka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.