“Mobile Phone stolen during stay at the hotel”

Hatten Hotel Melaka
Ranked #12 of 166 Hotels in Melaka
London, United Kingdom
“Mobile Phone stolen during stay at the hotel”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My iPhone was left on the hotel room bed (every other valuable items were put away in the safe) while I went to the gym and steam room. Upon my return to the room my iPhone had gone missing. Loss reported and all staff dealing with this incident couldn't be more helpful. Hotel security was called and CCTV footage was shown so was the records of entries into my room but my iPhone was never found.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (554)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is one of the best hotel which I've stayed so far compare to the amount of money I am forking out.
Spacious room with 2 LCD tvs & the mini living room do comes in handy when I am working during my vacation.
Room with great view & convenient for someone whom is partially crippled such as myself to move around.
Great location with ample parking space for hotel guests.
Big breakfast spread with a variety of selection although it taste so-so.
Overall, I am satisfied with my stay & will most definitely return.

Room Tip: Choose high level room for better sea/city view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank YukieLily
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Location is good, accessible to shopping mall & eateries nearby.
Room condition was not too bad. Breakfast spread was sumptuous.
However, I wouldn't suggest paying the RM50/nite upgrade to the premiere room, which is just like the other rooms except it comes with perks, like free mini-bar (where ours were not topped-up on the 2nd day), the welcome fruit platter didn't come until I feedbacked to the staff at the premiere lounge on the 12th flr which subsequently 2 platters were sent to my room; we're not directed to the lounge for our welcome drinks. All these were supposed to come with the RM50, but.... The only good thing was that we could validate our parking coupon & check-out with ease at the lounge without having to go to the 1st flr where there were throngs of crowds waiting to do either.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Boopy_Boop
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I was a bit worried staying here as I had read mix reviews on here, however we had not a single problem! We also got it at a bargain price and were very happy.

No problems at all with long wait time or lifts as others had mentioned.
We also had no problem with the WiFi however we didn't use it a great deal.

Everything was clean, new and modern.
We had a lovely view and the location of this hotel was perfect for exploring Melaka.
The breakfast provided was fantastic, tasty and had something for everyone.

Our stay was very positive and enjoyable and it would be hard to find a single negative.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2013

As most other reviews mentioned, the hotel is located right in the middle of town. Good location for shopping, with linkways to the shopping malls.

The rooms are quite big but to call it a "Suite" is really stretching it. A small little sofa with a LCD TV on the wall does not qualify as a "living area". It is more of a walkway from the bed to the door, but with a glass partition. I thought they could have made better use of the space. And to have 2 televisions so close to each other is quite pointless. Also, very limited channels are available.

That said, the room is clean and the bed very comfortable. The free wifi is a plus. Signal was strong and I did not encounter any problems with the internet.

Breakfast was a disaster. The main dining room was full so we were asked to proceed to one of the ballrooms. Very limited choice, bad coffee, bad service. There was no coffee cups available, and after asking the waitress, we were given 1 cup. Were we expected to share our coffee?? The hotel was probably having a full house and obviously very short-handed. But if they are having a full house, they should expect the crowd and be better prepared. The only saving grace was the egg station.

As most reviews also mention, be prepared to wait for the lifts. Though there are 2 for the carpark, and another 6 for rooms, getting a space during peak was like striking lottery. To make matter worst, on the day we were supposed to check out, we are caught in traffic returning to the hotel and then having to wait for the lifts, first at the car park, then for the rooms. By the time we got into the lifts for the rooms, it was 12:15 pm and they have deactivate our cardkey. We were unable access our floor as you would need the cardkey. We had to ride the lifts down to the lobby again, get the cardkey activated and then join the queue for the lifts going the the rooms again. Need a lot of patience waiting for the lifts.

Overall, the hotel is ok. Clean and in a good location but it felt crowded and congested. Maybe I was there when they were running on full house, but when I walk into a hotel, I like to feel peace and calm.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Located in between the main Melaka malls, Mahkota & Palawan, this hotel is giving great room rates with breakfast. And being new, it's rooms are clean & well maintained & spacious. Also convenient to many eating places & restaurants.

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised to see a huge room with a living area and the bedroom area. There were two TVs as well. Overall I was impressed with all aspects of my stay including finding parking lots (free for hotel guests), fast checking in and out, smiling friendly staff and the rooms. I did have a look at the swimming pool which was nice but didn't have the time for a swim.
But i was most disappointed with the breakfast which was really bad. I've have been to hotels with a small variety of items but they were all tasted nice, but this hotel has a huge variety but tasted really bad. The dishes were sub standard and weren't cooked to a 4 star hotel standard.

Room Tip: You can request for high floors and request for the either sea/city view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple