“Fantastic hotel. Will stay again!!”

Hatten Hotel Melaka
Ranked #12 of 167 Hotels in Melaka
Singapore, Singapore
“Fantastic hotel. Will stay again!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Spent 1 night in Malacca, en-route to KL. Checked into this hotel at 3.30pm. Check in, like previously mentioned by others, was a bit slow. Whole process took about half an hour. Otherwise, very happy with the hotel. Hotel new and tastefully decorated lobby, swimming pool very nice & pleasant, spa cost reasonable at RM90 per hour. Breakfast spread good 630am-1030am with a lot of variety.

Wifi are available at the lobby and swimming pool as well. Must say that we're very happy with our room, which was on 13th floor, overlooking the pool. Due to our close proximity to the pool, we also had free wifi in our room :)

Location of the hotel is excellent! Link bridge to Makota Shopping Mall (for Giant & Parkson), and Palawan MegaMall for lots of dinning options. Also within walking distance to Meleka historical site & Jonker Street. Took us about 10 mins for a leisurely stroll. On our way back, rode a trishaw from Jonker street for RM20, An exciting experience as the trishaw rider had to cut across 6 lanes to reach the hotel!! :z

One last thing is that parking ticket had to be validated and leave the hotel within half an hour...

Room Tip: My room with wifi from the pool was 1369 :p
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank winktink

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (532)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed at Hatten on 16 - 18 Mar 13. As it was school holiday in Singapore, we foresee that the hotel will be crowded. Hence, when we check in at 2pm, we expected that the room will not be avaliable. After the check in procedures, we informed the staff the we will return around 4pm and she assured us that the room will be ready by then. We return 15 min past 4pm and the same staff announced that the room is still not ready. We expressed our dissactisfaction and she check further, and finally, release the room key to us. As we had booked a Deluxe Suite with extra bed for our child, we reminded the staff to inform housekeeping to set up the bed. We saw her taking down our request.
Unfortunately, when we returned to the hotel at 9.30pm after our dinner and sightseeing, we found the extra bed still not set up. Unhappy, we called the housekeeping. The bed was sent almost immediately. However, the housekeeping just literally dump the bed at the door and left without a word!
we had to move the bed to the appropriate position and made up the bed!
Next, we called to ask for extra pillow for our child and the housekeeping inform us that they run out of pillow. This is equivalent to McDonald informing their customers that they run out of burgers!
The housekeeping were not done up to mark. We found strands of hair when we unfold the door mat (definitely not our hair since it was supposedly freshly laundried). There were no face and hand towels in our room and no beverages in the fridge. The latch at our main door could not latch on, hence we were worried about intruders.
Also, the breakfast was another horrendous experience, the queue to get into to cafe was snaking long. The crowd around the entire cafe and buffet counter really put all appetite off. The food were mediocre. The service standar were sluggish. And one last thing, the lifts take forever to arrive!
Overall, this hotel is not equipped and not well staff to handle the number of rooms and guests it has. I would say this is my worst experience in our many trips to Malacca.
I'll definitely recommend Casa Del Rio to anyone, which we had a wonderful experience. Overall Hatten is the worse hotel in Malacca, in all aspects!

Room Tip: I suggest Casa Del Rio. Or any of the boutique hotels at Heeren, which has much more characters and...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank BeeLeng73
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Room is large, clean , very modern, large rooms, excellent breakfast with a large variety to suit oriental and occidental guests, Very well located at central areas to all shops and sight seeing. should worth 5 stars.. Excellent price /quality ratio

Room Tip: must specify in advance a non smoking and a kings size bed, otherwise you get surprise
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I heard this hotel is around 1 year old - WOW, this hotel reminds me of Amora (ex Le Meridien) Sydney. I am sure it is the same interior designer as I see the certain trade marks of the designer - certain gold leaf paintings, carpets, back lighting of some of the counters, the green colour scheme of the Chatterz All Day Dining restaurant etc. I really love it! The lobby is open, spacious and the chandelier light fixtures are amazing - real WOW factor. I stayed in room 18-05 for 2 nights, 8-9 March at RM284 incl B/F and tax per night booked on Booking.com (albeit this is not a discount price - same price is advertised in the hotel lift as weekend rate!). I'd call this 4.5 star hotel by Australian standards and the room rate represents fantastic value for Australians vs room quality.

This is a huge hotel and it is busy. Lots of people traffic. You need allow plenty of time to check in/out. Think ahead - book a taxi etc. when you need to depart. Otherwise, my room was spacious, clean, very funky and I loved the view over the L12 pool area and Heritage Trail (Porta de Santiago etc). Ultra modern bathroom, great rainfall shower head, comfy bed and pillows. Pleasure to stay. The Concierge guys were very helpful - gave me good advice on security as a lady travelling alone. (Take care with bag snatching which is rife around tourist area especially at night etc)

Chatterz All Day Dining Restaurant offered great breakfast. Everything I needed - eggs, cereal, fruit, and the coffee was not bad considering it was bulk filtered coffee and not individual cappuccino etc. Gosh there was everything from curry to pancakes. As it is a huge hotel, there were more than a hundred people already there at 7.30am on Sunday morning ... OK, I was going to Church at Dutch Square (Christ Church Melaka/Anglican), but why is everybody else up at 7.30am on Sunday??? Nevertheless, everything was orderly and under control. Nothing ran out. Compliments to very friendly ladies who welcome you to the restaurant, really pleasant and kind to all nationalities even strange blond tourists.

Wow, it was really weird being the only western/blond girl in a room of 200-300 mainly Chinese/Asian people. A good lesson for me how kind everyone was towards me. Thank you.

I really enjoyed Melaka a lot. It took 4.5 hours on the bus from Singapore - but it was worth it. Had the best 15 hours on Saturday visiting the Heritage Trail, and I loved the replica of the original 15th century Palace of Melaka's extinct Sultanate/Forbidden Garden. I had a great late lunch at "Restoran Famosa Chicken Rice Ball" (the red building on Jonker Street) and a great late dinner at "1637 Bistro" in lovely garden setting with live music - delicious Nasi Goreng. Went to bed at midnight - seen and done everything I hoped to do.

Room Tip: Try to get high floor overlooking pool and heritage trail area.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank YasmineinSydney
Penang, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Had a wonderful one night stay at Hatten Hotel, Melaka while on work trip. Breakfast was an excellent experience as the varities was just overwhelming..amidst some on -the-spot cooking which, sad to say, leaves a scent on you when you leave the place..Nevertheless, the room was great..huge doors ( i wonder why ) but eerie corridors..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

New hotel but somehow I found something missing - not welcoming - may be due to the hotel setting where I have to go up several levels to park my car and then going down the elevator to the lobby. I booked the hotel via Agoda and this is my first time using the service and it works fine. Check-in and check-out is fast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed a night there and though it was an all suite hotel the rooms were a little small. The room was nice and cosy. The location is good because its just right next to Mahkota Parade. And there is food and shops in close proximity. Had a good breakfast buffet selection.

The front office agent who did our check in was kind enough to give me a connecting room and help us checking in earlier than the official check in town. A pity I didn't get his name. Would I stay there again? Perhaps....one of those places that was nice but did not leave a lasting impression

• Stayed February 2013