“Our Malacca trip”

Ranked #12 of 167 Hotels in Melaka
Singapore, Singapore
“Our Malacca trip”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

been to Malacca 3 times, been using Equtorial, this's our lst time stayed in Hattem, location is very good! breakfast also good spread, no compliant, we were in 18 floor suite room, the bed is super king size wif two TV set, one in living area, room is pleasant, but housekeeping.... we have a extra bed, obviously is for 3 pax, but everyday hv to call housekeeping for towel (3rd) & water....

Concierge: extremely friendly & helpful team especially Mr Ravin, he knows almost every thing in Malacca,,, wif good attitude & his sun shine smile!

Yes! we will,,, using Hatten agin

Room Tip: not too bad!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MickyYukari

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Petaling Jaya
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for one night. The hotel is located right smack in the city centre and because of that, getting to the hotel on a weekend is a nightmare. Traffic was a stand still. After spending 45min/2km I had to spend another 20min looking for parking. The hotel shares parking space with a shopping centre. There's no special parking for hotel guests. Parking is free but it's a hassle because you have to validate the parking ticket at the front desk everytime you want to drive out your car. The hotel was not completely ready 100% to receive guests. So you'll have the feeling of being in an unfinished property upon arrival at the lobby area. Staff were indifferent in manner, nonchalant; from valet, to staff encountered within the hotel, to housekeeping. In the room, bathroom door didn't close properly. Overall, a very disappointing stay.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank BJ050768
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed November 1, 2012

New hotel, in excellent decorative order. Great value at USD65B&B for a double. The rooms were large, comfortable and well furnished with a separate small sitting area and king size bed. The breakfast buffet was extensive. Hotel is in close proximity to shopping malls and tourist attractions. Would definitely recommend this hotel to visitors to Melaka.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bandar Baru Bangi, Malaysia
Reviewed October 31, 2012

In term of room, cleanliness, location etc., this hotel is great for the price tag. However, I had some bad experience when I was there for the second time, and that outweighed all the good qualities that the hotel has.

1. We had to wait for almost 2 hours before our room is ready [checked in around 4+ PM].
2. While we were just chilling in our room after our dinner [around 8 PM], a staff suddenly barged into our room and no doubt we were surprised. The staff quickly apologized, and told me their system showed the room needed tidying so he didn't expect there would be someone in the room. I guess it was partly my mistake for not putting the chain as well, but we went back and forth between my room and my parents' room just beside ours [no adjoining door], so kinda lazy to chain the door til we are ready to hit the sack. Anyhow, that's the first time anything like that happened to me, after dozens of hotel that I stayed in.
3. I lost around RM 600 in my wallet. I only realized the morning we were checking out [around 9 AM]. The last time I checked my wallet was when I came back from Mahkota Parade [around 6 PM, the day before]. My guess is someone entered our room when all of us were at our parents' room, having dinner [might be related to issue above as well]. In fact, when we were at our parents' room, someone came to the door, and when my mother opened the door slightly and answered it, the guy mumbled something like "toilet, toilet" with sort of Bangladesh accent to which my mother replied "No, we didn't request anything" and closed the door, without having a good look at the guy. So, that's strengthen my theory somewhat. Again, I should have not left my wallet there or at the very least, put them in the safety box. Lesson learned....

I think I went there some time in August - September 2012. Of course I made a report to the hotel security. They said they would do some investigation but until today, I have not heard anything back.

So, basically security isn't something that the hotel can shout about and I will never stay in the hotel again. Equatorial would be my choice, next time I visit Melaka. Anyhow folks, just a reminder that NEVER leave your valuables unattended in your room, and always put the chain. After dozens of hotel visits, I'm kinda numb to all this precaution, but this is a wake up call for me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Shad_00
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Went with Mrs. and the girls on a normal weekend. A new hotel.

Room: tip/top. we got 18th floor facing the pool. huge king size. room smells of a furniture showroom. there was a small 'living area' with a sofa and a 32" tv once we entered the room. the 40" was located at the sleeping area. non-smoking room - thank god.

Bathroom: very spacious. very new. huge sink bowl. huge mirror. huge shower cubical with glass door.

Swimming pool: Sizeable adult pool, 4' depth. Kiddies pool with fountains - they enjoyed it.

Other facility we tried: Sauna & gym. Too bad the saunas were located in the gents and ladies toilets, otherwise all of us can enjoy it together.

Dining: We took only breakfasts here. Varieties of local and western dishes. Buffet style. They refill everything efficiently. Tasty. Same breakfast line both mornings.

Lunch n dinner: Less than 5 minutes walking from the hotel are two shopping areas where local cheap and tasty food can be found.

Visiting spots: Main Melaka attractions are only a few blocks away from this hotel. Walked them all. The girls were tired n sleepy. Took a trishaw back to hotel. Some RM20 i guess. But the trip was worth it.

Entertainment: Bowling, cinemas, game arcades, etc. also within 5 minutes walking distance.

Room Tip: Choose your view wisely - may impact pricing.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kamarol1975
Singapore
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Hatten Hotel is rather new and this is the first time we are staying here. We used to stay at Hotel Equatorial and when Holiday Inn came up, we stayed at Holiday Inn. It is not easy to book Hatten Hotel as many online agents don't sell Hatten. We made our booking through AsiaTravel.com the night before we arrived at Hatten to check in. We are lucky to get a room. When we arrived at about 11+am, we were assisted at the front desk by the very helpful Jimmy. He could not find our booking (maybe because we booked it last minute the night before) but very promptly registered us as guests and made a booking for us right away after a phone call to double check with his colleague that though our names were not in their systems yet, we have the hotel voucher and that made us guests. Rooms are somewhat clean though there could be better attention paid to details like the ball of carpet fibre left in the middle of the room by the housekeeping guys could be removed and the pillows could be cleaner so they won't have bits of what I thought were carpet fibres again on them. Otherwise the rooms are ok. Spacious with a king size bed and a separate (by a glass panel) small living area with a comfy 2 seater sofa and another wall mounted tv. The upside of Hatten is that it is connected to the 2 popular malls in Malacca - Mahkota and Palawan. Sheltered overhead bridge to Mahkota and connecting linkway to Palawan. Fabulous location. Jimmy told us that the difference between the Junior Suite and the Deluxe Suite (both at the same price) was that the Junior Suites are city facing (facing the Palawan mall) while Deluxe Suites are sea facing. There are also 2 bedroom suites available for those travelling with family members so do ask the hotel / agents for these rooms if you need them. Lobby was under renovation when we were there but that was not much of a problem. Wifi is only available at the lobby level and in-room internet is by LAN cable only. If you are driving to Hatten, do not tap your touch and go card at the car park entrance. Take the parking ticket at the car park entrance gantry and ask for hotel endorsement at the front desk and validate your parking ticket at the autopay before you retrieve your car to enjoy the free parking for hotel guests. Autopay machines are located at levels, 2, 3, 4, 6 and 8. Hatten is still a walkable distance to Jonker Street though it is going to take about 20 mins or so in the scorching sun. Lazy people like us drove to Jonker (5 mins away) and got driven up the wall by the parking (or more so, the lack of) facilities there.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank SoGoh
Singapore
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Pool on 12th floor has awesome views, lobby is a work-in-progress (they officially open in Dec 2012), staff were very friendly, rooms large if not very ergonomically designed (not enough places to hang or dry stuff, overall). Buffet food was not bad, but a bit same-y. Location is good, close to malls and stuff like that.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family