Hatten Hotel Melaka
  • Pool
The Majestic Malacca(Melaka)
$153
$118
Casa del Rio Melaka(Melaka)
$174
$38
$58
$39
2,611 results
All reviewsalto sky loungejunior suitejonker streetshopping mallpremier loungelcd tvsmahkota paradeswimming poolrooftop barwalking distancebreakfast spreadliving areaconvenient locationspacious roomlong queueparking tickethotel guests
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Specially to Christian(Front Office)... 2ladies ( Hostess).... It's a best hotel that i ever stay...the view,the room and everything was wonderful... Could be better on restaurant service that staff should talking to the guest with just a simple words by greeting or other then that... But it just a minor thing...

• Stayed: September 2012
4  Thank MaryGracePacifico
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The hotel is very new, thus, it is very clean and comfortable. Most amazing part is the location where it is just next to shopping malls and tourist spots. The breakfast is AWESOME in terms of varieties, taste and the decoration of the dining halls. Having good quality of sleep due to brand new and high quality bed. It's value for money. I will come back for my next visit to Melaka. :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank luckyngan1987
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I have read negative reviews in here and quite surprised about it. I think I'm lucky coz I haven't had a bad experience yet. My check-in was awesome with Christian and Dorthy. I've got my room within 10 mins and it's just a perfect to start my day.

The room service was excellent too, within 20-30mins the foods already there to eat. The foods is delicious compare to Equatorial Hotel. Carpark - you can choose parking hotel or valet.

I tried several room from swimming pool view, city view and sea view. I prefer swimming pool view, city view and they told me I can request the same room number next time I check-in.

Yes I'm going to check-in in Oct again. 'fingers cross'

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mslvoe
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed here as a family, mid August, and really, I wished I had stayed in one of Malacca's quaint boutique hotels.

The only reason I checked into this hotel is because of the reviews on TripAdvisor, which at that point, was brimming with positivity. Well, not anymore I suppose.

Check-In: BIGGEST nightmare, i felt i was checking-in under some nasty tour company. The wait was impossible. Once i reached my turn, the front desk officer was not at all friendly. I was there slightly after 3pm, and was told my room was not ready, and i'd have to wait half an hour in their massively crowded 'waiting area' *if you can even call it that*. I was traveling with my 4 yr old, who was extremely tired after her trip to the zoo and wanted only to lay down, and was made to wait. I had to speak to the manager, who promised to speed up the process, and rightfully she did, within 15 mins we were checked in.

Swimming Pool: It was alrite. I found the swimming pool rather big only thing is the bar is not operational yet, so pool snacks had to be ordered thru the towel-tenders.

Room: Big and spacious. All in all, the rooms are good.

I requested for a late check out, chargeable at half day rate, the DAY BEFORE i checked out. This was agreed upon, and i had an early morning, sightseeing with my kids. We got back to the hotel at 3pm and as expected, our key cards were not operational, so we had to backtrack to the reception, ask for an extension of the key card, and when i got into the room, the room had NOT been done (althogh i reminded Housekeeping at 9am that morning, that i was checking out late and I'd be back after lunch, to which they agreed to sort my room out). I summoned for the manager to my room, no way was i going all the way back down to see her, and flatly refused to pay the half day charges, to which she agreed.

All in all, the property in itself is good. But the staff has much to learn, in terms of hospitality and service. Would i go back to the Hatten? I'm afraid not.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank shobiee
Reviewed August 23, 2012

In terms of location, it is very convenient. Ample parking and it is free for hotel guests. As you'll realise that it is not easy to find a good parking spot in that area. The hotel is not in full operation. The lobby is still in renovation, therefore the checking in and checking out counter is a makeshift one. Other than that, it is a very good hotel in Melaka Raya.

Rooms are spacious and nicely decorated. Comfortable bed and big pillows (4 of them for double bed). There are also 2 flat screen TVs in the room. But there are no wifi in the rooms, maybe they will install it later when its in full operation.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family