“Awesome....”

Hatten Hotel Melaka
Ranked #12 of 167 Hotels in Melaka
“Awesome....”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Specially to Christian(Front Office)... 2ladies ( Hostess).... It's a best hotel that i ever stay...the view,the room and everything was wonderful... Could be better on restaurant service that staff should talking to the guest with just a simple words by greeting or other then that... But it just a minor thing...

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank MaryGracePacifico

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (540)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Kepong, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The hotel is very new, thus, it is very clean and comfortable. Most amazing part is the location where it is just next to shopping malls and tourist spots. The breakfast is AWESOME in terms of varieties, taste and the decoration of the dining halls. Having good quality of sleep due to brand new and high quality bed. It's value for money. I will come back for my next visit to Melaka. :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank luckyngan1987
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I have read negative reviews in here and quite surprised about it. I think I'm lucky coz I haven't had a bad experience yet. My check-in was awesome with Christian and Dorthy. I've got my room within 10 mins and it's just a perfect to start my day.

The room service was excellent too, within 20-30mins the foods already there to eat. The foods is delicious compare to Equatorial Hotel. Carpark - you can choose parking hotel or valet.

I tried several room from swimming pool view, city view and sea view. I prefer swimming pool view, city view and they told me I can request the same room number next time I check-in.

Yes I'm going to check-in in Oct again. 'fingers cross'

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mslvoe
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed here as a family, mid August, and really, I wished I had stayed in one of Malacca's quaint boutique hotels.

The only reason I checked into this hotel is because of the reviews on TripAdvisor, which at that point, was brimming with positivity. Well, not anymore I suppose.

Check-In: BIGGEST nightmare, i felt i was checking-in under some nasty tour company. The wait was impossible. Once i reached my turn, the front desk officer was not at all friendly. I was there slightly after 3pm, and was told my room was not ready, and i'd have to wait half an hour in their massively crowded 'waiting area' *if you can even call it that*. I was traveling with my 4 yr old, who was extremely tired after her trip to the zoo and wanted only to lay down, and was made to wait. I had to speak to the manager, who promised to speed up the process, and rightfully she did, within 15 mins we were checked in.

Swimming Pool: It was alrite. I found the swimming pool rather big only thing is the bar is not operational yet, so pool snacks had to be ordered thru the towel-tenders.

Room: Big and spacious. All in all, the rooms are good.

I requested for a late check out, chargeable at half day rate, the DAY BEFORE i checked out. This was agreed upon, and i had an early morning, sightseeing with my kids. We got back to the hotel at 3pm and as expected, our key cards were not operational, so we had to backtrack to the reception, ask for an extension of the key card, and when i got into the room, the room had NOT been done (althogh i reminded Housekeeping at 9am that morning, that i was checking out late and I'd be back after lunch, to which they agreed to sort my room out). I summoned for the manager to my room, no way was i going all the way back down to see her, and flatly refused to pay the half day charges, to which she agreed.

All in all, the property in itself is good. But the staff has much to learn, in terms of hospitality and service. Would i go back to the Hatten? I'm afraid not.

6 Thank shobiee
Reviewed August 23, 2012

In terms of location, it is very convenient. Ample parking and it is free for hotel guests. As you'll realise that it is not easy to find a good parking spot in that area. The hotel is not in full operation. The lobby is still in renovation, therefore the checking in and checking out counter is a makeshift one. Other than that, it is a very good hotel in Melaka Raya.

Rooms are spacious and nicely decorated. Comfortable bed and big pillows (4 of them for double bed). There are also 2 flat screen TVs in the room. But there are no wifi in the rooms, maybe they will install it later when its in full operation.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Read reviews from tripadvisor & I could totally understand how others felt.

Checking In was crazy. Small reception area with only 3 terminals & there were 3 long queues as well as crowded with people who have checked in & still waiting for their rooms.

Room was clean and spacious. Nice sitting area with TV and a large Bed with a huge TV. Shower area was big and spacious with rain shower. But I did not use cos I dun really like rain shower.

I had a pool view which was great cos I could get a great city view but the next morning, I was woken by screaming & shouting. There were 4 boys playing in the pool & I could hear every it very clearly. Pool was on the 11 floor. I was on 18. I pity those who were on lower floors.

Breakfast spread was fantastic. Amazing spread. Taste wise it was not too bad. But when me & my partner went to get our second round. We were shocked that another couple was trying to get their baby into the baby chair and our coffees cleared.

Checking Out was a nightmare too. Another round of long queues.

I saw 3 incidences of very unhappy customers & the poor staffs were trying their best to solve whatever problems they were facing.

Overall, I would not really recommend this place till they sought out the kinks in their overall hotel management.

This hotel is also linked to some residential property & there were prevalent in the hotel lobby trying to get you to buy properties from them. Not nice at all. They will accost you every single time you walk by becos there were so many staffs.

Room Tip: If you want nice pool view, then you better pray that there wouldn't be screaming kids at 7am in...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank johnck88
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 21, 2012

The location is very good .walking distance to shopping centre Dataran Pahlawan and Mahkota Parade.15 min walk to major attactrion ,St Paul's church,Porte de Santiago,The Stadthuys,Taming Sari Tower,Maritime Museum and Jonker Street.
Dining area for breakfast are big and have varity food.Bed are very confortable.
The only things is the reception have only 3 counters only and very slow check in and check out .
When we back at 11pm,there arent any staffs in the information counter nor the reception counter.
We bought the hotel voucher from the Groupon website.Its offer a great discount for us.

Room Tip: some room have the access to each other room.
1 Thank Jessee2000