“Good flavours”

Ranked #62 of 755 Restaurants in Melaka
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 06-286 8819 phone number. No official web site
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The food was very flavourful and you can taste the generosity of the ingredients in the gravy and sauces. The service was friendly. But please note that you need to book in advance to have a space. I was lucky that I was there very early and they accommodated me. The rice was free flowing which was good as we can soak up the gravies and enjoy with the rice.

1  Thank Daniel20122012

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

On first impression, uncle was quite direct when talking with customer, no wonder people said he is rude. Overall he was quire helpful. Gave recommmendation, came back and check on how we like the food.

Most of the tables were reserved, so they help us get a place. The food is delicious, one of the best I had in Malacca. Would come back again.

2  Thank szetwinne
Reviewed May 6, 2013

When we arrived in Melaka, we were hungry and looking forward to trying Peranakan food, so we headed straight for Amy's. Amy's was just a short walk from the Holiday Inn and didn't look like anything special from the outside. When we walked through the door, the place was packed with locals and we had to wait for a table. We were warmly welcomed and upon taking our order, Amy's husband insisted on several other dishes that we must try. We like food, so we were all for it! The food was fantastic. My mouth is watering as I write this review! As we were finishing up our meal, I noticed a woman talking with another table. I said hello and complimented the cooking. Turns out it was Amy and she spent the next hour talking to us about her food and travel, both of which intersect often. Our meal at Amy's was the best we had in Melaka!

1  Thank HaloJen
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I was recommended to try this restaurant, and went on the hunt for it. After some searching, I finally found it! It is on the same side of the road as Holiday Inn or Makota Hotel. About a 5-10 min walk from Holiday Inn. I have included a picture of their card with a map of their location.

I went on a night that was not crowded, and according to the owner, it was because of pre-election rallies. The owner was very friendly and recommended us to a few dishes to try. We had pie-tee, ikan gerang asam, ayam pongteh, and kangkung kobis keledek masak titik lemak. The food was great, and tasted better than many other nonya restaurants I have tried in Meleka.

The owner was also going from table to table talking to the guests and asking how the food was to their taste. He mentioned that he wanted to give 3 things to his customers - (1) good tasty food, (2) good portion of food, and (3) good price. He has certainly delivered on all 3.

The little touches like having rice served in a traditional basket, and ice water with a scent of pandan (they most probably soaked pandan leaves in the water) adds to the experience of the restaurant.

I will definitely be going back to Amy's on my next trip to Melaka!

3  Thank GKhoo
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Apart from the ayam (chicken) pongteh and the udang nanas (pineapple prawns), the other dishes we ordered such as pie tee, chap chye, fried chicken, and cincalok omelette were made to order and they were divine. The pie tee and cincalok omelette were truly outstanding along with the cendol. It was a great idea to order the food when we reserved out table so we did not have to wait long for our food at all. It was also really charming to have the owner-chef, Amy personally serve the dishes. It was really hospital of Amy's husband to provide pineapple tarts on the house and they were so wonderful we had to buy 3 bottles! Go and eat at Amy's when you get a chance before she gets more famous and make it difficult to get a table.

1  Thank pl55