“Friendly and clean hotel”
Review of Hotel Hong

and 1 more site!
Hotel Hong
Ranked #2 of 210 Melaka B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Friendly and clean hotel”
Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is great value. It's clean and it's staff very helpful and friendly. They even offer a free lift to the central station. The rooms are basic and the shower and toilet are in the same room. You are asked to take your shoes off to enter the hotel. There isn't a lot going on on Melaka though and it's quite hard to find really decent places to eat.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
George Town, Malaysia
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I chose the hotel due to the location which is near to Jonker Street (~5mins walk) and upon reaching the hotel, I was informed by the hotel staffs car parks are provided beside the building as not get any summon or fines as Melaka requires parking tickets to be displayed in on Public Holiday. The hotel staff then briefed me on the nearby eateries and must try food in Melaka.

Once done on the check in process, I headed to my room which is just direct opposite of the receptionist counter and the first room from the main entrance. This is good as I can get in touch with the staffs immediately. Room is pretty small with a window overlooking the car park. The room had limited wall plugs so you have to plan your electrical devices charging time or you may consider bring in some power extension.

Upon closer inspection on the beds, there are hairs which are underneath the pillow. Not sure whether the housekeeping notice this or not but they should at least make sure it is clean. Another gross encounter is the presence of a cockroach in my room. What a big letdown..

The bathroom wash basin is kind of small and for those tall folks you may have troubles using it. The water heater spray jet is very powerful for you to have a bath after a tiring walk in Melaka city.

All in all, the hotel is just OK for me and probably i will look at other alternatives if I were to visit Melaka

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The staff here made us feel right at home. Everyone was really friendly. The boss even drove us to the bus station when we were leaving. Tea, coffee and cold water were available 24/7 and they had free internet. There is just one flight of stairs and they have a nice patio on the roof. All the main attractions were within walking distance and the receptionist gave us a map with places of interest such as restaurants. We really enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Kuching, Malaysia
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Price: FamilyTriple Room (2 Queens 1 Single), RM108 per night (35usd per night)

We stayed here for 2 night. This hotel run by Chinese Family. The room is comfortable and clean. The beds are nice. The bathroom is quiet new and clean. There's a DVD player for you, SONY LCD TV, AC also a ceiling fan. You can go to the rooftop for a Jonker rooftop view. They have a huge TV at the rooftop.

The owner is nice, they send us back to Malacca Sentral bus terminal free of charge. In front of this hotel, is a Kampung Hulu Mosque, it is easy for Muslim. What need to improve, just provide the "Qiblat" direction for muslim because all the hotel have it, eventhough the hotel just near the Mosque.

For Chinese cuisine, Jonker Walk is a place. For Halal Food, just 10 minutes walk to the main road (Hang Tuah Mall), a lot of Mamak Restaurant. Overall, will love to be back and stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Last weekend, I stayed there for one night. It doesn't look good from outside, but when I step into the hotel, I really get impressed with the first class service. The staff provided me the map, and explained to me the nice tourist spots near to the hotel, I never get such service before in all the previous hotels, btw the hotel is just 5 mins walk to famous tourist spots. You can get free drinking water outside your room with tea bag. The hotel room doesn't come with the breakfast, but in the next morning, when I came back to the hotel from the early walk, the owner bought the breakfast and treated us!

I went back to the city where I work, and realized I left my slippers in the hotel's shoe rack, I called them to send back to me. And they did, I wanted to pay for the courier fee, and the owner just refused to take it, wow.

The staffs and owners have excellent service, just make me to feel warm and happy for the stay. I will definitely go back to this hotel whenever I travel to Melaka again, and recommend to the people around. -)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank NG_WK
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Period of Stay: 3 days 2 night
Room: Triple Deluxe

Location: Great base to exploring Melaka City

Front Desk: Super Friendly (Thumbs Up to Mr. Tie & his Hong Troopers)

Check-in & Check-out Process: Fast & Effective

Room: Clean

Bed: Comfortable

Bathroom: Clean & bigger than any budget hotel i that stayed.

Facilities: Meet what budget traveler needs.

Value: Great Value!

I had an Excellent experience stayed at Hotel Hong! Hotel Hong is 7 star BB in Melaka. Only take 2 minutes walk to Jonker Street and 5 minutes walk to historical attractions site (A Famosa, Stadhuys, etc etc), 10 minutes walk to Taming Sari Tower and Pahlawan Square. The room size is good enough for 3 of us. Mr & Mrs Tie and their staff are super awesome. They even drive you to Melaka Sentral.

I'll be back to visit Melaka & for sure i will stay at Hotel Hong again!

P.S. Their homemade curry puff are delicious and it made specially for their guests!

Room Tip: If you travel with your family, booked Triple deluxe room! Rooftop Lounge is great space to relax...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank cornnelius n
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I found this Hotel through Internet by chance. Didn't really believe what I read about the Good reviews until my husband & me stayed there ourselves during last Weekend 26 to 28 Aug in Room 112. All the staff there are so helpful and friendly especially their Bosses Mr & Mrs Ti. They really looked after their Customers very well and it's really from their Hearts . Although it's a Budget Hotel but Bosses' Customer Service is First Class which cannot be found anywhere in the World. They are even better than 6 Star Hotel. Definitely going back to stay there again. Highly recommended. Two Thumbs Up for Hotel Hong.

Bernie Chia Singapore