“Nice river view hotel”

Ranked #105 of 166 Hotels in Melaka
Melbourne, Australia
“Nice river view hotel”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Our friend recommended this hotel to us. And we were not disappointed at all. The check-in was quick and smooth, the hotel staff very friendly. We received complimentary internet access as well. We requested a river view room, which we got. The room is a bit small, but that doesn't bother us. It is clean and comfortable. Breakfast was ok. We would have loved to have more varieties, but being the beginning of Ramadhan, we were told not expect too much. All in all we enjoyed our 2 days in Melaka.

Room Tip: Definitely request a river view room. The view of the river at night was amazing.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed 2 nights with my family members with total of 21 ROOMS. Very bad impression during my check in. Staff was very arrogant which they are not suppose to have that attitude as a front liner. Given a room, 729. Please do not stay at this room. It is just a few step to the staff room. Right opposite my room. They will stare at you every time you go out. I really dont feel comfortable. The security staff has worst attitude, he scream at me and my sister for taking the trolley without informing him. I dont see any security so i just take the trolley to put all my things to my room. Feel like want to scream back at him but lucky my sister stopped me from doing that. That was very RUDE !! Lucky i dont get his name !!
Carpet is dirty and old. Its not a Best Western standard.
Location is near to the attractions with the Melaka River Cruise view and it was really a amazing view. Cant sleep because of the noisy surrounding from the 2 karaoke spot near the hotel. They will only stop singing at 3AM !!! This is actually beyond the hotel control but still the Malacca government should do something about this matter.
Worst thing when one of my sister left her watch worth USD300 at her room during check out and the housekeeping said there's nothing at the room :-(
Check out time is another challenge for me...when i have to wait for almost one hour to get back my deposit. It is because there's ONLY 1 STAFF incharged at the reception during the peak hours.
I actually read the trip advisor before i book a hotel...i saw a lot of bad things happen at this hotel and now i experienced it !!! Good Job Best Western Wana Riverside Malacca !!!

Room Tip: Dont stay at room 729.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SuTLMTravel

Travelers are raving about these Melaka hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My roommates and I, three person shared a room for 3 days. As it only has two single beds, we had to have the staff bring in an additional bed. That additional bed was hard and noisy and very uncomfortable to sleep in, in addition to that the air conditioning in that room was VERY POOR, it took more than 40 minutes to produce that miserable amount of cool air. What's even ridiculous is that the cable of the water boiler was so short we had to use the dustbin to act as a platform to reach the power point!
We were also promised wifi connectivity in our room yet not a single of our devices could detect any wifi except when we're in our friend's room which was nearer to the lift lobby. The bathroom was a major disappointment as well; the toilet had a loud flushing noise, the tap water wasn't clean (brown-yellowish liquid!) and there's sharp pointy needle-like stuff at the edge of the carpet leading towards the bathroom which I got stabbed a few times on my feet that I ended up wearing slippers while walking in and out of it. Thank goodness I've had spent most of my itinerary exploring the city and not cooped in this hell hole for most of the day. Overall, if I ever chose to come back to Malacca, I won't and never would choose this hotel to stay in again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Cheryl Q
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed July 3, 2013

PRONS: The room was average. relaxing atmosphere, friendly staff and the breakfast was good. the check in and check out was fast, the location of the hotel is beside the river so if your looking for a river cruise you can buy it in the reception counter itself. walking distance from the tourist spots like Jonker Street (10 to 15mins walk via river walkway).
CONS: Scratch every way at the corridor of the rooms. Lacks of maintenance. The internet connection not available in the room. Very bad WIFI connection at lobby.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing Melaka city center views / Menara Taming Sari view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 2, 2013

10-min walk to the nearest sights. The beds were comfortable but the bedsheets were stained.Staff was helpful and recommended good places to visit and dine. It was lovely to get a table by the window with nice view of the river for breakfast. Wifi was available in the lobby and the room, though a bit slow.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Booked this hotel via Booking.com. My first thought when I saw the room: BIG disappointment. The room had a moldy smell to start with. The sheets had tears and holes on parts of it. There was no safety deposit box in the room. And the advertised free wifi was only true for the lobby. The reception personnel said there was poor wi-fi connections in the rooms. Poor was an understatement. There was no wi-fi at all.

Some of the staff were also rude.

The Riverside Cafe on the ground floor did not have a lot of choices. And there were a lot of flies in the cafe which was really annoying as we cannot even eat in peace. And the staff never even bothered to do anything about it. Breakfast spread was also very limited.

The only good thing about the hotel is it's location. Not the best, but the river cruise does stop outside the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 25, 2013

There's nothing to complain about the hotel. The check-in was swift. We asked for a higher floor and the lovely receptionist obliged and gave us a room at the seventh floor with an awesome view of the Malacca River. The room was average with sufficient necessities. It is also quite centrally located- just about 10 to 15 minutes walk to Jonker by the river.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors, with river view. You'll have a scenic view of Malacca city.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple