Stayed here for 2 nights with family in 2 rooms.
- Just 10-15min walk to Jonker along the Malacca River (across 2nd bridge) -> scenic view too with mural paintings on buildings that line the River
- Clean and spacious rooms
- Some breakfast items are changed daily
- Cheap local supermarket within walking distance from hotel and another across 1st bridge
- Food stalls line the street opposite the car park at night - but we didn't get to try them but they look crowded with locals
- Short walk to Madam Kings dept store (and the yummy-and-not-to-be-missed non-halal Popiah stall outside Mdm Kings!)
- Musical fountain just at entrance of hotel car park..nice open space area to enjoy the night view for free
- Safe, ironing board, hairdryer provided in rooms
Areas to improve
- Poor maintenance of room - we had leaking ceiling just outside the toilet of one of the rooms and another room, door could be opened from outside though it was locked (faulty lock)
-Inconsistency of room key vs sensor card - card is also used for power supply (modern vs traditional)
- No one to find table for guests at breakfast - find your own table and guess if it has been taken. Avoid early breakfast if there're school groups else be prepared to wait longer for food to be replenished.
- no bedroom slippers provided -> BYO if you don't like stepping on carpeted floor
- It seems like this is the hotel of choice for school trips for overseas students -> we met 2 big groups on the days we were there. So, book early during school holidays season to avoid disappointment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wana Riverside Hotel is centrally located by the Melaka River in the heart of the UNESCO World Heritage Site, a title bestowed in July 2008. Rich in history, culture and diverse cuisine, Melaka which dates back to the 1400's, is a melting pot of Malay, Chinese, Indian and European influences that reflects the essence of modern Malaysia. Melaka is truly unique in what it has to offer and whether it is for business or pleasure, the Wana Riverside Hotel is central to an enjoyable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Wana Riverside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.