“Bad Attitude & Experience” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Cafe, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Penang Island, Malaysia
“Bad Attitude & Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Last week I and my friend was went to Melaka and plan to enjoy our cup of coffee at Mods Cafe. So sad that we have a bad experience and the stuff's attitude really rude and poor. Before we go in to the shop, we want to snap a photo but the stuff shout at me and told me we are not allow to take a photo. The stuff should tell in polite way and not shout to any of the customer/tourist. The classic Van is the symbol of the shop but they are close the shop door and just left a small door to let customer enter. I never saw this happen to any of the coffee shop. If Mods Cafe really don't want people snap a photo or touch their van/motobike. Please keep it and don't open the coffee shop.They need to improve their attitude and not only treat nice to their customer.

• Visited November 2013
13 Thank BeebeeLeng

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
melaka
“Bad service & expensive.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

My friend accompanied me to this cafe few days ago. Their service was very bad. My friend did not want to drink since we just finished our lunch but the worker pointed to a note stated "min 1 drink per person". We have no choice so my friend said: "ok, i will order later" but the worker replied: "can you order now? I have to serve other customers later." LOL? What kind of attitude is this? There was only a few of customers (2 tables including us and they already ordered) on that time! Not only that, the prices of their coffee & drinks are very expensive (I prefer Starbucks!).This cafe was my fav cafe before but i don't know why they had become so opinionated now. I will never go there again.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Carmen N
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Cool chill place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

After walking around Jonker Street we stumbled upon this cute cafe. Relatively small but wasnt too crowded. Coffee was good, interior was quirky and the place was very air-y. Would totally recommend this place. They have desserts too!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank yanadira
Petaling Jaya, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“Good ambience to lepak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Good ambience to lepak wif ur friends, nice decoration but the drinks are juz so so. Still far away from Starbucks or Coffee Bean but the price is almost like them. Most customers go for the decor only as they really put an antique van in the shop as the bar.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Melbourne
“Do NOT GO IN ! BAD SERVICE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Like many other travellers we approached this cafe and thought oh how nicely set up let's take a photo and go in for a coffee, as I went to take a photo we had 2 shop assistants screaming "No photos" in a very rude manner! First of all I don't think these ppl know how to run a business and from my experience (I have travelled the world) there is nothing wrong with taking a photo of a shop! Come on seriously how pathetic! Do they not know now in modern society that is how you grow you business? Bloggers, fb, instagram these is how you market a business! They stopped us from going in and buying anything and my husband actually asked why we couldn't take photos and made mention due to this we changed our minds and didn't go in for a coffee, do you know what he said? We don't want your business anyway. POOR attitude and poor service. People like this wont get anywhere in life.

Visited August 2013