“Cosy nice atmosphere for dinning”

Olio Italian Restaurant
Ranked #109 of 691 Restaurants in Melaka
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Melaka, Malaysia
“Cosy nice atmosphere for dinning”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Food was superb. My steak was good meat and done medium rare as I ordered. Salmon and Cod
were also done well. Channti wine was served in perfect temperature. The desserts were also
delicious. As an Italian Restaurant, they should stock Grappa and I was surprise that I could
not order Grappa with my esspresso. The other guests that came to the Restaurant were not
properly dressed as they were in shorts, t-shirt and flip flops. The Restaurant should have some
notice placed infront to educate people on the dress code for fine dinning.

• Visited March 2014

Melaka, Malaysia
“Great Authentic Italian Restaurant in Melaka (211213)”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

It was a Saturday evening, five of us dined in and ordered salads which was fresh and seared tuna appetizer which was good to last bite. The delectable seafood soup was infused and the shrimps, scallops and mussels were fresh, juicy and nicely cooked. Mushroom soup was just thick enough to my taste.Those breads were awesome! Grilled beef tournedos and rib eye were fresh and succulent, cooked to my desired taste. Chicken piccata was tender and toothsome. Lasagna well presented and with minced chicken fillings to her liking. Finally the array of sea food platter was really out of this world came in hot and cold plates, squids, scallops shrimps,clamps and mussels well cooked fresh and juicy. Limed oysters and smoke salmon in cold. Freshness of oysters were recommendable. Desserts, Choc Lava and Aromatic cappuccino Tiramisu sponge cake, Trio Gelato were mouth watering. Good ambiance, authentic and worth the money!

• Visited December 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Romantic Dining Experience!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We had a birthday dinner last night at Olio's. The service was good with smiling and friendly staff, food was superb, and the ambience was so romantic!! We love this place!! Would highly recommend this place to all!!

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Surgewind
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Not fine dining services”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Let me start off with the host, she was pleasant, guided me to my table after i told her my reservation name. everything was fine till they gave me the menu, i am a bit surprise that a fine dining restaurant use such complex menu.. Next off to the waiters, fair enough service. The waiter that attendant my table dint really know how to up-sell dishes but let me not be too critical on that. bread came around 15mins into my table service, i know im being critical here because i am person from this industry thats why im being critical on things. whenever i looked up for a waiter.. i would nvr seem to see one... this is something they have to solve...it was very hard to get refill on water and get the attention of the waiters.. now lets come to the cutlery/table setting.. standard settings with appetizer fork/knife, table/joint fork/knife...nice setting but no bb knife even thou there is a bb plate for bread by the side..but no bb knife to spreed the butter with.. both of us did not order any appetizer, my partner order pasta and dessert while i order stake and dessert as well.. it was funny for me the waiter should of cleared my appetizer cutlery and also my table knife and give me a steak knife instead he took my appetizer knife and left me with a table knife and a steak knife.. for my partner the waiter should take away the table knife he took away the appetizer knife and left a table spoon..eating pasta with a table knife..ironic..all forgiven came dessert, dint even give us new set of dessert spoon and desset fork...had to finish our dessert with table fork and steak knife... while my partner dint have anything to eat with due the waiter clearing it during main course.. i dont think this type of silly mistake should happen if u are going to call your restaurant fine dining.. than came the bill..i was eager to pay the bill and had to wait aounr 10-20 mins only being spooted by the waiter that i wanted to clear my bill..

Try the restaurants pasta/lasagna its nice..
stay away from steaks...
price is okay to me..
over rating would give a 5/10...
buck up on service provide..the service dint WOW me..

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Tan_909
Pensacola, Florida
“SLOWW”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

waited 1.5 hours for our food, we came in 10 pax when the hall was only 3 tiny tables filled. then after one hour the restaurant were filled. yet our tummy were not. at least inform us beforehand. the others gotten their food. i believed they booked. at service were quite bad. salmon tasted sooo fishy and. codfish was not worth the price and was undercooked. written in the menu that it comes with potato salad, but was given few microinch of overcooked veges . roux made to complement the dishes were not at decent. thank god the pizza, the beef and lamb shank were cooked perfectly.

was told that we were not getting free bottle of wine due to our order not exceeding a certain amount. so we ordered several glasses of wine, when the bill came, we were offered a bottle of wine and was told that "oh sorry we didnt check properly?" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited May 2013